Anime! Who's watching what?

• just got caught up on digimon tri ... part 3 confession kinda got me a little bit

• @FF7Cloud I love Digimon Tri, I would have been happy with pretty much anything, but my god have they delivered.

• @bard91 yea im loving it so far will watch it again when/if the english dub is released lost intrest in digimon after season 3 and this is getting me back into it

just need a place to rewatch metabots now

• Just started watching No. 6. I'm pretty intrigued by the world so far.

• Latest Dragonball Super was fantastic!

• I've been watching a lot of Natsume Yuujinchou, and so far so amazing. This could have easily been a predictable shonen anime (don't get me wrong, I love predictable shonen anime), but it's something totally unique. I accidentally started with season 5 though.

• I gotta cut one/two of these which should i watch or don't.

Noragami Aragoto
    Ajin
    Re:Zero
    Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress
    91 days
    Amaama to Inazuma

• @pinecone Noragami was descent and i'd recomend it
    I hear 91 days is pretty good but i haven't seen it yet
    If you're going to drop 2 i would say Re:zero (waste of time imo) and Kabaneri (also waste of time imo)
    I dont know much about the other two but a friend of mine who is not way into anime told me he watched Ajin and it was pretty good

I would personally recommend watching Mob Psycho 100 which aired recently

• @genzi Kabanaeri i'm 3 episodes in and i do love it. It as the emotional potency of AoT so far. But if you say it's ends up disappointing i'll drop it.

First episode of Mob Psycho didn't leave much of an impression and i didn't like One-punch man. But again if you say it gets better i'll continue. So far My Hero Academia is my favorite this year if you haven't seen it i highly recommend it.

• Kokoro Connect is mixed bag, Higurashi is very bad but I sort of like it.

• @Haru17 Thanks for th overview, just renewed my Netflix and was looking for stuff to get into, will deffo check out Moribito and had my eye on Knights of Sidonia but hadnt started it yet.

• @pinecone Mob Psycho definitely gets a lot better as time goes on, and it's pretty different from OPM. It's more focused on story and characters.

• @pinecone I agree with @genzi that Kabaneri is a waste of time, horrible ending. Hard disagree on Re:Zero even though the show certainly got weird along the way.

I'd say cut 91 days and Kabaneri, but it all comes down to personal preference really. Also not a fan of Noragami, dropped it pretty early. Am told it gets better later on for what that's worth. Even Ajin is kind of cuttable in my humble opinion. It's an okay show, but so far there's been nothing amazing that sets it apart really.

Agree with @michemagius about Mob Psycho 100. It's a much better season of anime overall than OPM and the last episode doesn't ruin Mob Psycho 100 like the last episode of OPM pretty much ruins the backbone of that show.

I think I said it already, but my big thing this season is Flip Flappers, still really enjoying it. There's lots more great shows right now like Natsume Yuujinchou GO, 3-gatsu no Lion, Shakunetsu no Takkyuu Musume, etc.

• @michemagius Totally forgot about Mob Psycho! I watched the first 2 or 3 episodes and really liked it, will have to go back to it.

• Yo so I've barely watched any anime, but I'd love some recommendations from you guys! I can't say I was ever attracted to the medium all that much, but I adore film, really like animation, and have enjoyed the two anime series that I have seen (Evangelion, and Ping Pong).

Here's the thing, I mostly dislike TV and serialized storytelling. I barely watch any, and the stuff I have watched, which is usually regarded as the best TV has to offer (Breaking Bad, The Wire, The Shield), I don't care for, and find them a pretty big step down from film in form and content.

So, I guess what I'm asking for is anime series that are short, and visually/thematically interesting.

I've talked to a friend about this topic, and she recommended me a few. Feel free to say whether or not these are worth seeing:

-Cowboy Bebop
    -Lain
    -Mononoke
    -Kaiba
    -The Tatami Galaxy
    -Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
    -Kino's Journey

• Started watching Iron Blooded Orphans. Love how grounded it is. It's why 08th M.S. Team is one of my favorite Gundam shows.

• Since I'm currently caught up on IBO, I also decided to start watching Reconguista in G...and man....what a weird show this is. I'm 4 episodes in, and have no idea what's going on in it. Doesn't help that they give you absolutely no setup for the world, and I'm still trying to figure out what's going on with these weird characters who could care less about what's going on around them. Like...why the heck are Bellri and crew just letting Aida take off with the Gundam when there are 3 of them and only 1 of her....

• I've gotten really into Dragon Ball Super over the last couple of days, and just caught up. It's so weird to go back to a show I was SUPER into back in 2000-2002 and the Japanese voices are hilariously exposed next to the modern characters' quality, but it's still a show that feels "comfortable" and it's still probably the best one around at grabbing the audience's primal urge to see something more. I don't watch a lot of shounen but DBS is pretty great

• @Ringedwithtile Those are all good anime, of them all I'd reccomend Bebop. Outside of that list I'd also like to recommend Erased, it's on crunchyroll, and one of the best anime this year (or ever in my opinion). The animation is beautiful, and the story is just incredible. Here's the trailer.

Youtube Video

If you're more in to films I'm a big fan of Ghibli and the Lupin Series. With Ghibli you really can't go wrong.

• @Ringedwithtile That's not a bad list you've got. If that's the kind of stuff you want, consider Saikano. It might be a bit heavy for you to start though. If you can find the couple OVAs for it, check out Yokohama Kaidashi Kikō. Something like Katanagatari or even Bakemonogatari might appeal to you if you can get past the tongue in cheek "pandering", although they're much more of an episodic feel, then again, so is Evangelion and a bunch of things on your list. You might also enjoy something like Last Exile, (the original, not the newer one) Eureka Seven, Gad Guard, Bokurano, or Abenobashi Mahou☆Shoutengai. Probably scatter-braining on some other good ones, but hopefully between that variety you can find something you like. Also considering checking out newer stuff airing now on http://anichart.net/ . Flip Flappers is a pretty interesting one right now, but you might like something like 3-gatsu no Lion more. Yuri on Ice also has a visual edge this season, but be warned it's full of pretty gross fanservice that bogs down the quality.