Anime! Who's watching what?

• @Minamik A I see. Thanks for the link.

• @michemagius

ok so consider the following

RPG Parodies
    Rune Soldier
    KonoSuba

Mecha
    Full Metal Panic (The first series is a great mix of humour and serious story, second series is pure humour, third is purely serious)
    Blue Gender

Food anime:
    Yakitate Japan
    Shokugeki no Soma

Superhero
    Tiger & Bunny

Drama (these might be a bit too dark depending on your tastes but they're very interesting stories)
    Black Lagoon
    Mirai Nikki

Slice of life
    Bunny Drop (very feelsy)
    Magical Pokaan
    Squid Girl (Ika Musume)

Fantasy
    Log Horizon
    Akame ga Kill

Give those a look over and let me know if you give any of them a watch :D

• @Sieghardt I totally forgot to mention my weakness for food anime! Thank's for the recs!

• @michemagius both of those are fantastic. Shokugeki no Soma season 3 coming out soon on crunchy. Be forewarned, there's a lot of ecchi moments while food tasting and in general, but it's funny and both sexes are treated fairly equally as fan service. Its also about as close to anime iron chef I've ever seen. The good iron chef, not the crappy Canadian/American version.

• @TokyoSlim I love Food Wars! And I love Iron Chef, haven't seen the Canadian version. But I am a fan of Mario Batali.

• @michemagius it sucks. Lol

• @michemagius said in Anime! Who's watching what?:

I watch a lot of sports and shonen

Busou Renkin
    Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood
    One Outs
    Diamond no Ace
    Hajime no Ippo
    Outlaw Star
    Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas
    Hunter x Hunter (2011)
    Full Metal Panic!
    Rune Soldier Louie
    Tiger & Bunny
    Parasyte -the maxim-
    The Seven Deadly Sins

• @suplextrain I've heard a lot of good things about Tiger & Bunny and Hunter x Hunter.

• Fun fact: Rune Soldier Louie takes place in the same world as Record of the Lodoss War.

• @michemagius said in Anime! Who's watching what?:

@suplextrain I've heard a lot of good things about Tiger & Bunny and Hunter x Hunter.

They're both good, but if you haven't seen it I really recommend Busou Renkin. A short and very underappriciated battle shonen show with nice comedy, likeable characters and good music. Perfect if you don't want to dip your toe into a +100 ep show.

@Minamik said in Anime! Who's watching what?:

Fun fact: Rune Soldier Louie takes place in the same world as Record of the Lodoss War.

It's a pity they didn't adapt more of the novels.

While we're on the fantasy subject, I guess Majutsushi Orphen is also worth bringing up.

• Finally started Boku no Hero Academia. Only two episodes in but I'm in love.

• @DeweyDTruman It's super awesome! It took me a while to finally watch it, but once I did I was super in to it!

• I've started watching Tiger & Bunny as well as JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. I know this seems blasphemous but I really don't like JJBA so far. It's just so hammy. I stopped watching when Dio kneed the dog in the face. It was just too much for me. Which I feel like says something since almost nothing phases me anymore. Does it get better? Or should I expect more stuff like that from the show? Either way, how many more episodes should I watch before deciding whether or not to drop the show?

• So, back when I was in high school, I went to the library and checked out an anime that had this sort of post apocalyptic setting, but for all these long years, I'd never been able to remember what it was called, until now! I finally found it, and apparently it just got a rerelease earlier this year. It's called Green Legend Ran!

Now I just have to find the mech anime I was watching on Crunchyroll back when that site was the wild west.

• And figured that one out too, yay! Asura Cryin'

• makes me real happy to see some love for Rune Soldier in the thread :D I've been proselytizing that series for ages

Started watching Re:Creators, I love the concept and there's been a few great moments when they address the concept but I feel like it's dragged down by the main character who thus far has no reason to exist or relation to the plot or other characters and just feels like they needed a teenage boy in it

• WHO'S READY FOR FALL 2017!

There are so many great shows coming out this season, which ones will you be watching?

I personally have committed to:

The Ancient Magus Bride (have read all the manga that have been released in English and am obsessed.)
    Food Wars! Season 3 (adored both previous seasons so this is a no brainer.)
    Black Clover (I have a weakness for Jump series.)
    Kino's Journey (Looks beautiful and interesting.)

There are some more that I'm on the fence about, but those 4 are the ones I think I'll keep up with through the season.

• Kino's Journey? That's an old one. Is it coming back or something?

• @Minamik Yeah it's either a remake or a continuation. I never saw the original so I'm not sure.

• Shokugeki no Soma/Food Wars: Plate 3 - Episode 1

Youtube Video