Outlaw Star
    Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas
    Hunter x Hunter (2011)
    Full Metal Panic!
    Rune Soldier Louie
    Tiger & Bunny
    Parasyte -the maxim-
    The Seven Deadly Sins

• @suplextrain I've heard a lot of good things about Tiger & Bunny and Hunter x Hunter.

• Fun fact: Rune Soldier Louie takes place in the same world as Record of the Lodoss War.

• @michemagius said in Anime! Who's watching what?:

@suplextrain I've heard a lot of good things about Tiger & Bunny and Hunter x Hunter.

They're both good, but if you haven't seen it I really recommend Busou Renkin. A short and very underappriciated battle shonen show with nice comedy, likeable characters and good music. Perfect if you don't want to dip your toe into a +100 ep show.

@Minamik said in Anime! Who's watching what?:

Fun fact: Rune Soldier Louie takes place in the same world as Record of the Lodoss War.

It's a pity they didn't adapt more of the novels.

While we're on the fantasy subject, I guess Majutsushi Orphen is also worth bringing up.

• Finally started Boku no Hero Academia. Only two episodes in but I'm in love.

• @DeweyDTruman It's super awesome! It took me a while to finally watch it, but once I did I was super in to it!

• I've started watching Tiger & Bunny as well as JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. I know this seems blasphemous but I really don't like JJBA so far. It's just so hammy. I stopped watching when Dio kneed the dog in the face. It was just too much for me. Which I feel like says something since almost nothing phases me anymore. Does it get better? Or should I expect more stuff like that from the show? Either way, how many more episodes should I watch before deciding whether or not to drop the show?

• So, back when I was in high school, I went to the library and checked out an anime that had this sort of post apocalyptic setting, but for all these long years, I'd never been able to remember what it was called, until now! I finally found it, and apparently it just got a rerelease earlier this year. It's called Green Legend Ran!

Now I just have to find the mech anime I was watching on Crunchyroll back when that site was the wild west.

• And figured that one out too, yay! Asura Cryin'

• makes me real happy to see some love for Rune Soldier in the thread :D I've been proselytizing that series for ages

Started watching Re:Creators, I love the concept and there's been a few great moments when they address the concept but I feel like it's dragged down by the main character who thus far has no reason to exist or relation to the plot or other characters and just feels like they needed a teenage boy in it

• WHO'S READY FOR FALL 2017!

There are so many great shows coming out this season, which ones will you be watching?

I personally have committed to:

The Ancient Magus Bride (have read all the manga that have been released in English and am obsessed.)
    Food Wars! Season 3 (adored both previous seasons so this is a no brainer.)
    Black Clover (I have a weakness for Jump series.)
    Kino's Journey (Looks beautiful and interesting.)

There are some more that I'm on the fence about, but those 4 are the ones I think I'll keep up with through the season.

• Kino's Journey? That's an old one. Is it coming back or something?

• @Minamik Yeah it's either a remake or a continuation. I never saw the original so I'm not sure.

• Shokugeki no Soma/Food Wars: Plate 3 - Episode 1

Youtube Video

• Currently caught up with Boruto and loving it! Such good vibes remind me of the early days of Naruto pre-Shippuden where stakes are low and it's just a fun time, however, it still has some serious plot threads from Shippuden for people like me who've been with the series since the beginning so it's the best of both worlds really. Also started Juni Taisen (? hope that's the spelling!!) it seems promising, can't forget food wars either.

• I finally got around to watching the first episodes of all the anime I will be watching this fall. I haven't seen them all yet, but not surprisingly the one that has stood out to me the most is The Ancient Magus Bride. I read the whole manga and was obsessed with it so I knew I was pretty much gonna love the show unless Studio Wit royally screwed up on the story or animation quality. Back in July I went to the Crunchyroll Movie Night and saw the first 3 episodes of TAMB so I've actually seen the first episode already. Watching it again has really put my concerns about the adaptation of the show to rest. I can't wait to finally see my favorite scenes animated. This is the first time for me watching a show that I've already read the Manga for so this is a really cool new experience for me. I really hope other people on the forums will give this show a shot so that I can talk about it with someone. Also the OP is amazing.
    Youtube Video

Edit: I just watched the first episode of Kino's Journey - The Beautiful World, and I have a lot of thoughts. For 1, the premise and world seem very interesting. That's the primary reason I'll continue watching. Though I have to wonder if I would be better off just watching the original series. I've heard that there was another Kino's Journey series before this but I'm not sure where I can watch it or if I'll need to buy it on DVD. If that's the case I would love for someone to vouch for the show before I buy it. I don't like to physically buy any movie or TV show I haven't already seen. The reason why I wonder if I should just watch the first series is that there isn't a whole lot of exposition in this first episode, or like any at all. We just jump in to Kino on a bike, going to a country where people can kill each other. What throws me off the most is that no one seems to care that Kino's motorcycle, Hermes, can talk. Like, I understand why Kino wouldn't be surprised if they had been travelling with this bike a long time, but that doesn't explain why random townspeople aren't shocked by it. Are there lots of talking vehicles in this world? Do all of the motorcycles talk? They called Hermes something strange like a "motorrad" or something, is that the name for talking vehicles? Is there magic in this world? Is that why Hermes can talk? Or is Hermes talking some technological wonder? If this world has advanced enough technology to make sentient motorcycles, why does everyone dress like they're from the 1800's?

I just have so many questions about this series. I wonder if they'll be answered, part of me thinks not if this is a sequel and it's expecting its audience to have seen the original. Has anyone on here seen the original Kino's Journey and can help me shed some light on the situation? Also this show has seriously made me wish that my car talked to me.

• I just finished the current season of My Hero Academia! Probably my favorite anime of the season

• @juliamcardinals My Hero Academia was amazing this season, I'm really sad to see it go but I know they need to work on the next season and season 2 of Mob Psycho 100 which I am also very excited about.

• Does anybody know much about Black Clover. I know its going to be a pretty stereotypical shonen jump series, from friend who read some of its manga. But since I was late on some upkeep and drifted away from other similar series (like Naruto and Fairy Tail), maybe this one will be something to just casually keep up with. I will see how it unfolds anyways.

• MMO junkie. It's a slice of life show that's easy to wind down to. After watching two episodes, I really like it. The main character is a woman in her 30s who plays MMOs and the story follows her misadventures. There also seem to be somewhat darker themes going on in the background as evidenced in the opening.

My recommendation: Please watch it. I get the feeling this is going to be buried by other shows, but it's definitely something special.

Youtube Video