Anime! Who's watching what?

• I finished My Hero Academia not too long ago, and after I was done I was UPSET that there isn't more.

Right now I'm watching Little Witch Academia, a bit of Dagashi Kashi, and I have to catch up with the last batch of Digimon Tri.

Aside from that I've been putting off watching JoJo but I'll try really hard to start it after I'm done with these.

Also I seriously need next saturday to come fast, because I can't wait for more One Piece, it is just too good right now.

• Finished rewatching Green Legend Ran. I haven't seen it since I checked it out from the library when I was in high school (yes, my county library has anime). Still an interesting show!

• @bard91 You gotta jump in on that Manga life. I too was devastated when MHA ended so I just started reading the manga.

• @michemagius sadly I don't read manga, it just spoils the anime and doesn't have nearly the same impact, so I'm doomed to wait for the anime

• @bard91 Sometimes it's better to just ignore the anime for things and go heavy on the manga. Gantz and Berserk are both good examples. Good even if you don't read a bunch of manga, since the anime are trainwrecks. Of course it's hard to tell sometimes when people say the manga is so much better for things that aren't really that different. Usually you can tell immediately what's legit by the art or writing though.

• MHA is probably my favorite current series in Shonen Jump. I think waiting for the anime is fine. The manga has more detailed art and good pacing, but I'd be lying if I said the anime didn't have better action.

• watching shoujo shuumatsu ryoukou, the ancient magus bride and houseki no kuni in this season
    those are the one i like the most, i'm watching other show but i may drop them at some point

• Just started Code Geass for the first time a few days ago. I heard lots of good things so I hope it holds up. It's been a while since I've really fallen in love with a particular anime.

• @Caleb_Aranda Code Geass is a little surreal. It wasn't anything like what I expected it to be. I find people either love it or hate it.

• @Caleb_Aranda

You are going to love the show....hopefully

• @michemagius Thanks for the heads up. I have an empty weekend coming up so I was planning on binge-watching as much of it as I can. I'll let you know what I think.

• Just finished watching Snow White With The Red Hair after never watching S2 and really enjoyed it despite the open ending. Got my Kaiba BD in the other day and happy to finally be able to check that series out after not being licensed for forever. Discotek is the best US anime company!

• Just watched the first episode of Mahoutsukai no Yome. Obviously, since its the first episode I wanna reserve my judgment but first let me say that I think it's beautiful looking, the first episode gave me enough of a view into the setting to keep me intrigued and contemplating the cultural context which is nice that it didn't treat me like a tool. I also really like the red outline sometimes on the character's, kinda minor but something I picked up on nonetheless. I kinda feel like its kinda creepy how he bought Chise and keeps referring to her as an animal. I am guessing this is supposed to be endearing? but considering he just bought her from what looks like a slave trade it came across as a bit weird especially as he plans to marry her, however, I'm sure it'll make sense later on!

• @JamboHyland95 I've read the entire manga, at least as much of it has been released in English, and trust me it gets a lot less creepy. A lot of the other characters in the show express their disapproval of Elias' method of obtaining Chise, but with context later it makes more sense based on Elias' understanding of how human society and relationships work. It's actually tied for my favorite romance in anime, and the story elements beyond Elias and Chise's relationship are really interesting too.

• S03E04 of Shokugeki no Soma/Food Wars is the first real stand out episode of the season, IMO.

• DBSuper, DBZ Kai The Final Chapter, Gundam: IbO, Hunter X Hunter, Outlaw Star, Naruto Shippuden, Lupin the 3rd, Yu-Gi-Oh

• @MXAGhost All at once? Wow, that's a large plate.

• @michemagius don't worry it hasnt lost me yet!!

• I just finished War in the Pocket, and I think I'll have more to say after I've had some time to think about it, but it is definitely my favorite Gundam story so far. I had a really hard time getting through Mobile Suit Gundam due to the production quality, and I disliked the characters in Zeta so much I bailed on it, but War in the Pocket has finally given me the kind of story and characters I've been looking for in this universe.

Moving on to The 08th MS Team next after I spend the rest of this afternoon catching up on 5 months of Attack on Titan manga chapters...

• I uhh...finally watched Black Clover...

How is the manga one of the most popular in Shonen Jump? Either the quality of the story/writing drastically improves over time or the tastes of its readers has drastically changed. Like...it's so bad... I hate saying that because I like to think that generally if a story isn't to my liking it's just because it doesn't suit my tastes. But Black Clover is just hard to watch. In no small part due to Asta's VO screaming every line like he's the engine of a car. I will say that the lore is interesting and that even though it's not the first time I've seen a character with an "anti-power", it is the first time I've seen the main character have it.

Can someone who's read the manga tell me if Black Clover gets better? I want to like it since it's one of the few series that runs longer than a single season, but I need to know how long I'll have to hang on before my viewership pays off.