Anime! Who's watching what?

• @gaming_groove Just finished the Uvo vs. Kurapika fight... Man, this show took a turn.

• Started watching Cowboy Bebop for the first time. Watched the first episode with my friend yesterday, and oh my god i was blown away, it feels like a modern high budget production that's intentionally replicating the look of old animes. Totally getting Blade Runner vibes especially from that scene near the end.

• @bam541 Each episode has it's own tone and different various homages to classic films, games, and literature. The character design of Asimov Solensen and his lady were a nod to Antonio Banderas and Salma Hayek in the movie Desperado.

alt text

• Also, in about 9 days, Cowboy Bebop will turn 20 years old.

• @tokyoslim top notch fun facts right there, better start watching it again.

• Sad to see EZAnime go. Always enjoyed it, but I understand that the way it was formatted was a big ask and time commitment for multiple allies who are already busy with other things.

• @tokyoslim What? Noo! :(

• @minamik Yeah, unfortunately I think it just seemed like too much of a time sink. I think the concept could have been formatted better so that it didn't require multiple people to watch like, an entire series of anime and all be caught up with it before you film. Something like an informal chat about what they're watching/stuff they're excited about would be just as cool IMO, but they've decided to drop it for now.

Seeing as it's one of those "extra" things we're not funding - I get it. You have to prioritize..

• I've been rewatching Ranma 1/2 and I'm glad to say I still find it pretty decent, also never tired of saying it mexican dubs from the 90s are simply the best.

• Got around to watching Relife.

It's about a guy who gets offered a chance to relive his highschool years by taking a pill to make himself look young again. It's surprisingly heartwarming with good moments of emotional impact. I won't say it's groundbreaking, but it's nice to have an adult's perspective on teenage drama.

Also, the soundtrack is a 10/10. Every Ending is a different song from the 90s, which I suppose represents the music the main character listened to during his time actually in high school. Like this one here.

Youtube Video

• I liked ReLife a lot and I'm not typically into slice of life.

• Did anyone see the new FLCL episode Adult Swim dropped yesterday?

• LLUUUUUUPPPIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!
    The first episode of Part 5 was so good! I'm so pumped!

• @tokyoslim I guess so. Already going through Gundam stream withdrawl though, lol.

• The Third Plate continues on Sunday.

Youtube Video

• @tokyoslim OMFG already, I thought it was be a lot longer before more Shokugeki!!!

man this weekend we also get more My Hero Academia and I guess also the Persona 5 anime, which I guess it was fine.

It is hard for me to judge the Persona animes, I don't think they've been great in the past but I know they've brought new people into the series and that they seemed to like them, as for the first episode of P5A I thought it was ok but it has some really weird editing choices and the pace felt way too rushed for me. It's not surprising that it doesn't have the same quality of the game, but it didn't seem like a great episode in general.

• I'm about to sit down and watch the P5 anime now. Not expecting much. I don't like the protag's new canon name. After 200 hours of playthrough, I'm rather attached to Kaitou Shinrei.

• Alrighty, so P5... about what I expected. Mostly just made me want to go back and finish my 2nd playthrough.

My Hero Acadamia: Pretty textbook character recap episode. Not a lot happened.

Food Wars: Not in the like top 10 episodes or anything, but was the best of the three shows I watched this weekend because it actually progressed the story.

• Okay team, I just learned that there's more Hunter x Hunter beyond the 79 episodes available on Hulu. Anyone know where I can watch for free? Found a kissanime link, but the pop ups make it borderline unusable. Plus I'd like it to be legal, if possible.