Anime! Who's watching what?

• @tearju-engi oh sure, i enjoyed most of the fillers i watched. I'm just saying that i really, really, really can't wait to see how it all wraps up.

• Sorry I didn't read through all these post but is anyone watching/watched Hi-Score Girl on Netflix? I can't really say I'm like an anime guy but this quickly became my fav anime, sorry space cowboys.

• Not going to rip into this anime season for a couple weeks due to GDQ, but managed to squeeze episode 1 of Mob Psycho 100 Season 2 in between runs, and it is looking like a great continuation.

• @mbun nice. I'm pretty hyped about that series. Season 1 was really good and I liked it more than One Punch Man. Though also excited about S2 of that too

• Watched the final part of the Godzilla anime on Netflix, i like the ending of the main character story, would've wanting more action but still enjoyed it alot.

• Too early for impressions on either, but finally forced myself to chew into the start of Kemono Friends Season 2 and chased it with the first couple episodes of Kemurikusa, because that seemed like a good idea at the time. Still loads of less tainted stuff left to watch. Hoping to find something new I like, so this season doesn't just become that season.

Episode 2 edit: There's no more apt mention for my current feelings on Kemono Friends S2 than pointing out they literally threw my favorite Friend in the mud. Trying so hard to force myself to get something, anything out of this, and so far the only redeeming quality for me has been the little skits at the end of episodes.

• Dropping in to say that Kaguya-sama: Love Is War is the smartest dumbest most ingenious love comedy ever made. I loved the manga. The anime doesn't disappoint, which is surprising because when it comes to adaptations, there's usually something lost from translating through mediums. Please watch it. You'll have a good time.

• Medarot's a good watch, Last episode takes it to some dumb dumb places but overall I'd say it wrapped up decently well. Would recommend watching if you have a penchant for cool robots and/or anime based on games trying to cash in on the pokemon craze.

• Finally finished Trigun...
    I really wish I liked this show more, but I think watching it immediately after my return to Bebop really hurt it. Totally unfair comparisons, but I couldn't help but notice how much more effortful its world building was, how sloppy its mythology, and how inconsistent its tone was. There were moments where it flirted with greatness (especially the end of Wolfwood's story and then following episode with Legato), but it never hit any of the highs I was hoping it would. Wolfwood was the only character that felt real, which really frustrated me since even he would become a bit too exaggerated at times. Also, it really frustrated me how they would build up to these big reveals (e.g. Vash firing his gun, Wolfwood opening his cross), and then they would completely disregard the impact of those moments by having the characters rely on those weapons/attacks/techniques every episode following their introduction; a moment doesn't feel special if you make it ordinary immediately thereafter. I don't know. I'm honestly kind of bummed with this one, but I know I'm in the minority.

• @naltmank People mostly associate the two together because they originally aired around the same time on Toonami. I think everyone would agree Trigun holds up much less well than Cowboy Bebop, but it is still a pretty unique setting with some fun characters and a handful of good moments like you mentioned. While you're on this Toonami classic binge, you should check out Outlaw Star too. I think I like that one more now than I did as a kid.

• @mbun Adding it to the list! I think I'm going to finish Black Lagoon first, since that's readily available on Hulu (and only 12 episodes), but I'll probably go Outlaw Star immediately thereafter.

• The Rising of the Shield Hero is pretttttty good so far.

• @tokyoslim I've been watching that too and agreed. I know summoned to other world shows are a dime a dozen, but they just keep putting interesting twists on them.

• It's time to expand my horizons and finally watch another long-running franchise I've had on my mind for a while.

I hope none of my co-workers ask what I did instead of watching the super bowl.

Honestly considering I already watch Super Sentai and Kamen Rider every week it I guess it was inevitable I'd add the other show from that block to my watchlist. It only just started but I already think I like it. Hikaru's a fun main character and from what little was shown of them I liked her supporting cast too. I'm always down to watch a show about fighting aliens.

• Randomly caught a video of the Critical Role cast playing old laserdisc games, they played one call Cliff Hanger which I guess is based off of a Lupin 3rd movie or something. Anyways now im watching lupin the 3rd, two episodes in to the first season of part 2 (watching on hulu) and its not that bad. For sure dated but I see a lot of things other anime's borrowed from this one (Cowboy Bebops Jet and Outlaw Stars Twilight Suzuka).

Also, just want to throw this out there again since it hasn't caught on here but Hi-Score Girl on netflix is awesome, if you grew up in the mid 90's loving video games its a hardcore nostalgia trip.

• Still sticking with Kemono Friends Season 2 since I also didn't love Season 1 immediately, and it is indeed getting much better. Caracal is finally getting some character traits instead of just being there pointlessly. The new Friends they've introduced have been more interesting and amusing reflections of the animals they're based on. Air of mystery is improving a bit too. But my favorite part is that they've replaced what they were doing with the token throwaway Lucky Beast for the season with something that resembles part of one of my favorite games of all time, so there's no way I could possibly complain about it.

• Just finished A Place Further than the Universe, I liked it but I don't get what all the fuss about it was, I don't think it was as good or Yuru Camp or Bunny Girl Senpai from last year, and certainly not to Violet Evergarden

• If you're into magical girl shows and you haven't seen Heartcatch Precure yet, you're doing yourself a disservice.

• Been watching some Digimon Tri since I love Digimon Adventure but it's been pretty boring.
    And 6 episodes in Mob Psycho 100 S2. So good.

• Nother Kemono Friends S2 update. They completely rewrote the lore of Season 1 into something way dumber for no good reason. They attempted to go max pander and instead managed to ruin the ending of Season 1. Also, there's probably no chance the fans will ever get back what they wanted now, even if Kadokawa and Tatsuki did settle differences someday. Everyone is predicting this season is just a setup for the next mobile game, and the ratings for this season has been so bad it more likely than not is going to be the end of KF anime, if not the franchise itself. Not surprised at this point, just continually disappointed.

Also the Director of this season has publicly spoke out about how much crap they're catching over Twitter.