Anime! Who's watching what?

• @mbun Adding it to the list! I think I'm going to finish Black Lagoon first, since that's readily available on Hulu (and only 12 episodes), but I'll probably go Outlaw Star immediately thereafter.

• The Rising of the Shield Hero is pretttttty good so far.

• @tokyoslim I've been watching that too and agreed. I know summoned to other world shows are a dime a dozen, but they just keep putting interesting twists on them.

• It's time to expand my horizons and finally watch another long-running franchise I've had on my mind for a while.

I hope none of my co-workers ask what I did instead of watching the super bowl.

Honestly considering I already watch Super Sentai and Kamen Rider every week it I guess it was inevitable I'd add the other show from that block to my watchlist. It only just started but I already think I like it. Hikaru's a fun main character and from what little was shown of them I liked her supporting cast too. I'm always down to watch a show about fighting aliens.

• Randomly caught a video of the Critical Role cast playing old laserdisc games, they played one call Cliff Hanger which I guess is based off of a Lupin 3rd movie or something. Anyways now im watching lupin the 3rd, two episodes in to the first season of part 2 (watching on hulu) and its not that bad. For sure dated but I see a lot of things other anime's borrowed from this one (Cowboy Bebops Jet and Outlaw Stars Twilight Suzuka).

Also, just want to throw this out there again since it hasn't caught on here but Hi-Score Girl on netflix is awesome, if you grew up in the mid 90's loving video games its a hardcore nostalgia trip.

• Still sticking with Kemono Friends Season 2 since I also didn't love Season 1 immediately, and it is indeed getting much better. Caracal is finally getting some character traits instead of just being there pointlessly. The new Friends they've introduced have been more interesting and amusing reflections of the animals they're based on. Air of mystery is improving a bit too. But my favorite part is that they've replaced what they were doing with the token throwaway Lucky Beast for the season with something that resembles part of one of my favorite games of all time, so there's no way I could possibly complain about it.

• Just finished A Place Further than the Universe, I liked it but I don't get what all the fuss about it was, I don't think it was as good or Yuru Camp or Bunny Girl Senpai from last year, and certainly not to Violet Evergarden

• If you're into magical girl shows and you haven't seen Heartcatch Precure yet, you're doing yourself a disservice.

• Been watching some Digimon Tri since I love Digimon Adventure but it's been pretty boring.
    And 6 episodes in Mob Psycho 100 S2. So good.

• Nother Kemono Friends S2 update. They completely rewrote the lore of Season 1 into something way dumber for no good reason. They attempted to go max pander and instead managed to ruin the ending of Season 1. Also, there's probably no chance the fans will ever get back what they wanted now, even if Kadokawa and Tatsuki did settle differences someday. Everyone is predicting this season is just a setup for the next mobile game, and the ratings for this season has been so bad it more likely than not is going to be the end of KF anime, if not the franchise itself. Not surprised at this point, just continually disappointed.

Also the Director of this season has publicly spoke out about how much crap they're catching over Twitter.

• Started The Promised Neverland last night.

The animation is good, right? Or is the animation bad?

• Mob Psycho 100 is one of those shows I knew I should have watched when it was first airing but for absolutely no reason I just didn't get around to it. Watching it now and it's pretty cool so far. Definitely has one of the best OPs I've seen in a long ass time.

Youtube Video

• @inflorescence said:

The animation is good, right? Or is the animation bad?

Who cares. Are you enjoying it?

@Hanabi Season 2 has been even better too. Get hype.

Starting to catch up on Karakuri Circus but still pretty far behind. Getting wild.

• After years of waiting, I am finally watching One Piece. This is a show that I was always intimidated by just because of how long it is, but now that I'm watching it I realize what a fool I was.

One Piece is a damn good time. It roped me in so much that in just a week, I got through about 50 episodes. It has an attitude and tone like no anime I have ever seen; it's jovial whilst still having many intense and emotional moments. I like all of the characters, and I can't wait to see where the story goes next.

• Latest Mob Psycho 100 II episode.

• @tearju-engi literally came here to comment that. Accidentally got a little spoiled on what happens next, but still was caught totally off guard. Holy christ.

• Just finished Black Lagoon. I think it's a better companion piece to Bebop than Trigun was, though it definitely tries a little too hard to be edgy. It just smells like the aughts. Still, there's some really great stuff in there, and the final arc was pretty incredible. I just wish it nailed the ending. It was building to a really incredible emotional climax, and then it sort of just... ends. Oh well. Still worth a look if you're interested.

• @tearju-engi @naltmank Very dumb and unnecessary blotch on what has otherwise been a great season.

• You talking about last week's episode or this week's? 'Cause I have yet watched this week's episode. Think I might take a break a bit to watch it in batch

• Not watching the anime yet, but I just got the first volume of the Boruto manga. I'm kinda intrigued, maybe I'll check out the anime soon.