Anime! Who's watching what?

• @el-shmiablo already rewatched some of the episodes that I was really fond of, now I look at Asuka's kiss in a very different way.

• Started Demon Slayer. Was vaguely entertained for the first few episodes, but I'm about to drop it. Just met Zenitsu and don't know if I've ever been more immediately repulsed by a comic relief character in a show.

• @naltmank Yep, that's just how he is and continues to be. It is still worth watching though.

• @bam541 said in Anime! Who's watching what?:

Bakemonogatari

I really don't think there is anything like the Monogatari series out there. It's truly special.

• @thedemonpirate It is funny watching SHAFT before Madoka got them budget and after.

• Is it wrong to pick up girls in a dungeon.
    So far: no girls "picked up" in the romantic sense of the word in a dungeon. A few girls picked up as in carried. No moral quandaries evident in doing so.

A bit fan-servicey for my tastes, but I am otherwise enjoying S1 alright.

• @tokyoslim It only gets worse. It is one of those shows I feel I have to watch for the zeitgeist, otherwise I would've dropped it. Really dumb show.

• @mbun S1 really did end on a lot of big dumb.

Main character gets a magical power that literally allows him to beat anything unbeatable.

I believe my first thought was "oh, well... that's convenient."

• DokiDoki Precure is one of those shows that starts strong but stumbles at the finish. Well more accurately it completely crashes at the halfway point and only starts to get back up to speed near the finish after already falling too far behind to ever catch up again but still.

• After seven years, it has finally come to an end.
    Youtube Video

• I think Food Wars/Shokugeki no Soma really hit it out of the park as far as hooking me for the new season. Even though it was a little bit of recap, they paid off one of the big cliffhangers from the end of last season, and they set one up for the next episode. I think it's a super smart formula to set up the cooking and prep drama in one episode and then pay it off with the reveal and judging in the second episode. As long as they don't overuse that - I think it's a natural flow.

I felt like MHA on the other hand was like a recap/clip show of the first few seasons... which was a bit disappointing. Kind of a throwaway or filler episode, IMO.