Anime! Who's watching what?

• @Inustar Thanks, I'll check them out, I've heard many good things about them Ghibli films.

• I generally find that fewer and fewer shows appeal to me each season, but out of the currently airing shows I'm watching Jojo and Hero Academia. JOKER GAME is okay and I'm gonna give Sinbad no Bouken a go. The rest I either dropped or doesn't appeal to me.

As for what else I'm currently watching:
    Tetsuwan Birdy Decode
    SDF Macross
    Space Adventure Cobra

@Erik said in Anime! Who's watching what?:

I'm new to the Anime genre and my sister recommended NausicaƤ of the Valley of the Wind to me and i really enjoyed the movie, i think i'll stick to movies before i try them crazy series... Do you guys have any recommendations for me what to watch next ?

As good entry level stuff I'd recommend:
    Vampure Hunter D : Bloodlust (the english dubs are good as well, I honestly prefer them)
    Sword of the Stranger
    Samurai X: Trust & Betrayal (actually a miniseries with 4x 30min episodes, but it can be watched as a movie)
    Akira
    Studio Ghibli movies
    The Princess and the Pilot
    Ninja Scroll

@Vexchaneu said in Anime! Who's watching what?:

Black Jack tv series, much MUCH worse than the manga but still enjoyable.

All that show did was made me want to rewatch the OVA.

• Right Now?
    Flying Witch - Very mellow, slice-of-life show of a witch in training in the modern world.
    Tanaka-kun is Always Listless - Low key comedy of a very lazy high school student and his friends.
    Sakamoto Desu Ga? - Haven't you heard of Sakamoto?
    Macross Delta - It's Macross so I'm obligated to watch it. S'okay so far...

Recommended for Newcomers
    Macross Plus - Basically Top Gun: The Anime but with mecha. Has an amazing soundtrack. Movie is faster paced but OVA has dubs. Should be easy to find.
    Record of Lodoss War - Literally D&D: The Anime. It's pretty slow but beautifully animated and easy to follow along without getting too lost in the exposition. Might be harder to get.
    Cowboy Bebop - The quintessential introductory anime series. :thumbsup:

Some Old School Stuff
    Porco Rosso - Kind of a forgotten Ghibli classic, it has a cursed pilot turned into a pig and sky pirates!
    Slayers - Genius sorcerer Lina Inverse blows s*** up!
    City Hunter - Hard-Boiled: The Shonen Anime
    Maison Ikkoku - A grounded rom-com by the creator of Inuyasha.
    Ranma 1/2 - A not so grounded rom-com by the creator of Inuyasha.

• Just watched Venus Wars for the first time in about 20 years. Its still as amazing now as it was back then. Hidden gem. Watching berserk awell it rocks

• @Erik The Evangelion movies are pretty good they're essentially a rebirth/retelling of the original Neon Genesis Evangelion series. Titles are Evangelion 1.0,2.0 and 3.0 with a fourth and final one to be released eventually.

• I'm currently watching..

Kiznaiver which I think is incredible
    My Hero Academia which I'm also greatly enjoying
    Re:Zero I just started watching with my girlfriend.
    Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Stardust Crusaders which I was a bit lukewarm on at first with how much it differed to the incredible first season but it's growing on me.
    Hajime no Ippo: The Fighting! not too far into but really like so far.
    Durarara!! again, not too far but really liking it.
    Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic solid so far

Also really looking forward to Food Wars coming back and I just finished Fate/Stay Night the other day.

• I'm waiting for that Love Live! Sunshine!! joint in July. can't wait for it.

• I know I'm late to this, but my fiance and I just finished Another the other day. Finished it in a single day, it was amazing! I was really into it. I thought the characters were very intriguing and the story got me invested! I actually didn't expect the ending to be so great as well! Not gonna spoil the twist or anything, but bringing all the answers together in the last episode was amazing. Definitely recommend for anyone who loves a great story. Very short too, only 12 episodes.

• Currently catching up on Sailor Moon Crystal~ Stopped watching anime in October, easing my way back in now~

• Recently finished "Your Lie in April" and I must say it was masterful and heartbreaking. Anyone else have a chance to watch it? I'd love to chat about it. Other than that, I really got into the Fate Stay:Night/Unlimited Bladeworks on Netflix. Such a gorgeous anime (forgive me if someone else already wrote these down).

• well at the moment the only weekly shows im watching are jjba diamond is unbreakable; Terraformars revenge and re:zero (which I binged upto ep 8 a few weeks back, and is my top show this season). Looking forward to summer and Berserk as well as 100 mob psycho and 91 days. I'll also binge stuff from this season like kiznaiver and kabaneri of the iron fortress which I have fallen behind on....having said that tho, I also have to finish the 2nd season of code geass which I'll prolly do this month

• I've been straying away from my mass marathon of various shows, which is especially surprising considering last summer I watched over 25 airing shows for that season. Even more surprising I have yet to watch a show from this year.

So returning to that form of borderline addiction I've slowly been watching Mushishi's second season and am halfway done. Its weird how most of the stories so far have had better ending for the random character of the day than its predecessor, but that's fine.

• Currently watching Kiznaiver and My Hero Academia. Just yesterday I finished Ghost in the Shell: The New Movie.

• @FutureCorpse said in Anime! Who's watching what?:

Just watched Venus Wars for the first time in about 20 years. Its still as amazing now as it was back then. Hidden gem. Watching berserk awell it rocks

Holy crap! I was in love with that movie and it's soundtrack. It was one of the anime movies I discovered through Scifi Channel's Anime block.

• @Mechanoid said in Anime! Who's watching what?:

Right Now?
    Flying Witch - Very mellow, slice-of-life show of a witch in training in the modern world.
    Tanaka-kun is Always Listless - Low key comedy of a very lazy high school student and his friends.
    Sakamoto Desu Ga? - Haven't you heard of Sakamoto?

Basically these are the ones I'm watching right now if you add in the occasional Gintama/Jojo/Durarara catchup binge.

• Kiznaiver
    • Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
    • Space Patrol Luluco
    • Your Lie in April
    • Pandora in the Crimson Shell
    • Kaiji

I always used to wait until an anime season was over to start watching it.Watching three shows that are still airing, I can say that I never want to do that again. I am going to watch each and every time from now on. Except for Jojo and Berserk that.

• My Hero Acadamia like AOT if the quality sticks it will be easily among the best of all time
    Parasyte The Maxim My favorite opening song in all anime. Great scary premise mostly about humanity's hubris... love it
    Erased finished recently, true adult themes smartly executed. Emotional in the best way and the best anime i've seen in a while until Acadamia came along.
    Noragami Aragoto S02 better than the first season but nothing special yet
    Attack On Titan finished series last year but watched the ova's recently and i'm just hyped for s02. That's where you get Levi backstory and how he joined the survey corps and became legendary. Good stuff

• Just finished Joker Game, different stories about Japanese spies just before WW2 and how a spy agency is set up at that time. Not claiming to be historically accurate, though one of my favs this season.

Koutetsujou no Kabaneri is another of my top animes of the season. If you liked Attack on Titan you're almost guaranteed to love this one as well.

Bungou Stray Dogs is a nice mix of comedy and action.

I've dropped Kiznavier and Endride after a few episodes, couldn't really get into either one.

• At the moment I'm watching Ace Attorney and I'm about a third of the way into Victory Gundam.

Some of my favorites I'd suggest are Beck, Code Geass and if you want to get into Gundam the original series from 1979.

• See lots of people watching Kiznaiver. If you enjoy Studio Trigger, you should check out their better anime this season, Space Patrol Luluco. It's a short, but in the little time it has it outdoes anything you'll see in Kiznaiver. There's also episodes dedicated to previous projects Studio Trigger has made including Kill La Kill and Little Witch Academia. Kiznaiver is honestly the blandest show from Trigger in years. All their heart this season seems to be pumped into Luluco.