Anime! Who's watching what?

• I started watching The Seven Deadly Sins on Netflix. I'm only a few episodes in but I've enjoyed it so far! The art is very nice and it's actually pretty funny. I wouldn't call it amazing just yet but I'm looking forward to finishing it.

• I've started to rewatch Code Geass and the original Fullmetal Alchemist both are still so good considering how old they are now.

• I recently started watching Tanaka-kun Is Always Listless, and I like it a lot even though slice of life isn't usually my thing. I've also been watching Sakamoto Desu-ga? For a while now, and it's just as outlandish and amazing as always.

• Always been interested in anime, but never around to it. But I just recently started the original Fullmetal Alchemist, it's great. What would be good to watch afterwards? I'm into really anything, even if it's romantic, sci-fi or whatever ^ ^

• @Minamik the later Gintama arcs have been nothing short of amazing. My favourite anime/manga series of all time.

• http://myanimelist.net/profile/kniteowl

I've seen so much anime, its hard to fine any new anime for me that i might be interested in. I personally don't like watching a ongoing weekly anime because i hate waiting for a new episode, especially if I love the show and if im not as interested in it, i tend to drop it too easily. I generally watch sequels or adaptions weekly because i either knwo what already happens or want to know more.

Im more if a marathon kinda guy.

I recently just finished Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu, its a drama about the history about story tellers in japan who tell rakugo. The equivlent of storytellers in audio books now days i guess. It was pretty entertaining.

I'm currently starting Assassination classroom. Its been pretty goofy to me so far. Ive only seen 2 episodes as of writing this post. it feels a little bit like GTO in the teaching students department except the students are teying to kill the teacher. Will comment further once ive gotten further into the series.

I think the only big series i need to watch is The legend of the galatic heroes. I will watch it one day lol.

• Working my way through the first season of Assassination Classroom and JoJo: Diamond is Unbreakable. Phantom Blood is still my favorite in the newer anime, it's just so overwrought and dramatic.

@Mechanoid said in Anime! Who's watching what?:

Record of Lodoss War - Literally D&D: The Anime. It's pretty slow but beautifully animated and easy to follow along without getting too lost in the exposition. Might be harder to get.

So stoked that people are still watching Lodoss War. But which one? 1990 OVA or 1998 series? I've only seen the OVA.

@23Skiddoo said in Anime! Who's watching what?:

I'm on a bit of anime break after One Punch Man S1, currently waiting on ONE's latest manga to anime adaptation Mob Psycho 100 in July. Not a huge anime watcher nowadays.

I read One Punch Man and got through the episodes fairly quickly. There's a crazy amount of depth there if you dig into it.

• @Sazime I prefer the original OVAs as I remember only getting through part of the longer TV series. I did enjoy Welcome to Lodoss Island as well (super cute!), but I can't find the subs for it, as the dubs are... not so good. Not a dub hater, it's just pretty hard to listen to.

• The only anime I pretty much keep up with is One Piece i'm not really a big fan of most anime.

One Punch Man is pretty cool but only one season.

• That new Voltron on Netflix is actually very good. Nicely animated and with a strong focus on characters over action -- though of course you still have a giant robot swinging a giant sword. Great humor too.

• @Cloudid Code Geass is really good it has 2 seasons at 25 episodes each I believe. A short summary would be its set in an alternate universe where America lost the war of independence and Britan or in the anime Britania almost rules the world and an exiled prince try's to destroy them under an alias know as Zero.

• @Cloudid you should quit while you can and watch FMA brotherhood instead ;)
    And yes, you should watch Code Geass afterwards, followed by cowboy bebop, Elfen lied and berserk, all real great series.

OT: Saw Erased recently and got my Anime groove back, have just started watching Shiki but I'm not really feeling it sofar, only 4 episodes in but does it get any better?

• So.. I decided to watch Erased the other night. Good lord I was not prepared for the feels this series is giving me. The cliffhangers are gut punching! It's very much a "just one more..." kinda thing, even if it's 4am and you should have been in bed 4 hours ago :p

• @Cloudid Don't listen to them! Watch both FMA series! It's all great! MOAR FULLMETAL!

Sorry, can't help it. I love all the Fullmetal things. :3

• bump since the new season started. Right now, ReLIFE is everything I was hoping it would be, and better yet, they're doing it Netflix style and released the entire season in one go (13 episodes). Berserk is also pretty good and appropriately bloody, but the animation/aesthetics could be a deal breaker for most.

EDIT: Finished ReLIFE. SO GOOD 5/5

• Rewatched Metropolis the other night. Still one of the best art directions and animation I've seen in anime

• Assassination Classroom just ended so I don't know what to do with my emotions. Still watching Bungou Stray Dogs, Sakamoto, and Tanaka-kun. Thinking of picking up Joker Game.

• Currently I'm only watching Dragonball Super, I like it, the new arc seems pretty interesting and I'm curious who or what Black really is (havn't watched the latest episode yet).

• Just finished the first season of My Hero Academia. That anime was so much better than I expected. Strong, likeable characters and an intriguing setup. Too many animes have side characters that don't really do a good job of differentiating themselves outside of the main 2 or 3 (looking at you Assassination Classroom, at least the first season). But here, everyone has a character, probably helped a lot by the different powers and costumes to differentiate them a little better.

• @Tommynaut21 said in Anime! Who's watching what?:

Rewatched Metropolis the other night. Still one of the best art directions and animation I've seen in anime

I looooove that film. I remember grabbing the DVD (which came with bonus material on a mini DVD) when it was released state-side. One of the better random buys I made.

@michemagius said in Anime! Who's watching what?:

Assassination Classroom just ended so I don't know what to do with my emotions. Still watching Bungou Stray Dogs, Sakamoto, and Tanaka-kun. Thinking of picking up Joker Game.

I'm a few episodes into the 2nd part of Assassination Classroom. Really enjoying the character arcs.