Anime! Who's watching what?

• @FutureCorpse Venus wars doesn't get enough recognition. So much style. Way ahead of its time.

• Watched the first series of Aldnoah Zero, couldnt understand the hate it was getting, thought it was pretty great with a fantastic end. Watched the first episode of series 2 and was like OH. I SEE.

also watching GATE, it's pretty fun even if the whole normal people in a fantasy world thing has been done to death

• I mostly just re-watch things these days. I finished Chobits again just the other week and now i'm about half way through re-wathing Romeo x Juliet.

• @Sieghardt said in Anime! Who's watching what?:

Watched the first series of Aldnoah Zero, couldnt understand the hate it was getting, thought it was pretty great with a fantastic end. Watched the first episode of series 2 and was like OH. I SEE.

Yeah I was the same. I actually really liked the 1st season but then it was like: Oh...OH! Oooohh... Inaho is almost at Jesus Yamato's level of OP.

• @seppo91 I would not quit FMA for FMAB. They should really be treated as two different, since the stories are so radically different.

For those not in the know, the original FMA anime branches off from the story of the manga after a certain point because the creator was not done with the story, but allowed the studio to creatw their own. Brotherhood is a much closer rendition of the original story. They are both good though.

• @El-Shmiablo said in Anime! Who's watching what?:

@seppo91 I would not quit FMA for FMAB. They should really be treated as two different, since the stories are so radically different.

For those not in the know, the original FMA anime branches off from the story of the manga after a certain point because the creator was not done with the story, but allowed the studio to creatw their own. Brotherhood is a much closer rendition of the original story. They are both good though.

Very different, like they went in a different direction after the 10th or15th episode of the original series. Brotherhood covers that material that they shared in just a couple of episodes.

• The first episode of Food Wars Season 2 is out, and my god I forgot how exceptional this show is! Each episode leaves you hungry for more (both literally and figuratively)! Just it's so good, the animation is beautiful, you're always learning something new, and the characters are so unique. I really can't reccomend this show enough.

Also the ending of Sakamoto Desu-ga happened this week, and damn, did it get intense. But I loved it all the same.

• @Lexad Well yeah. I don't think they wanted to tread water and cover the same stuff people had already seen.
    I'm still of the opinion that they should be treated as seperate entities. Even Hiromu Arikawa thinks they should be treated seperately, and appreciates the work they did in the original FMA.

• @El-Shmiablo said in Anime! Who's watching what?:

@Lexad Well yeah. I don't think they wanted to tread water and cover the same stuff people had already seen.
    I'm still of the opinion that they should be treated as seperate entities. Even Hiromu Arikawa thinks they should be treated seperately, and appreciates the work they did in the original FMA.

That was my point, is that there is so little actually in common, that Brotherhood breezes past it and gets back to the original story.

• @Sazime I didn't mention that I also read the One Punch Man manga before the anime came out and am still keeping up with it. Can't say enough good things about that manga and Yusuke Murata's art. That led me to reading Mob Psycho 100 too after craving more ONE. Now I have found JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (anime) and finally started reading Berserk. :D

• I'm watchin' that spaghetti fixin' show

• @michemagius Finished the first episode myself. Made me really nostalgic about my time in Japan. Bentos are an amazing thing. The parts about the granny and the end made me tear up a bit. And now a Food Wars gif with no context because it really doesn't need it.

https://gfycat.com/NastyFatArieltoucan

• So, I'm getting back into Anime after years of being out of the picture. I, like many I am sure, got my first taste through Akira in the 80's (still probably the best manga of all time as well).

After recently going through the Berserk Golden Age Arc films, I decided to check out CrunchyRoll and see how it goes. Started with JoJo on a recommendation, and I've caught the first 5 episodes of Attack on Titan now too.

Good to be back in it, but anime is a lot like Twitch. Tons of crap, and mining for diamonds is tough.

• @Mechanoid Food Wars Gifs are best without context.

• I'm watching way too much One Piece. The manga is probably my favorite thing ever, but after the 4kids dub I chose to not watch the anime, but I finally took the plunge and now I'm 400 episodes in. I tried to watch an arc and then take a break and watch other stuff then watch another arc, but recently I just keep watching more and more One Piece. It's a problem I'm comfortable with.

• @kariwgoebel Berserk also just started its new TV anime season (after the movies) on July 1st and its also on Crunchyroll. They are skipping a few arcs of the manga tho so that is against it as well as the CG imo

• So I binged ReLife yday as Crunchyroll adopted the Netflix model for this show and made all 13 episodes available. Its a slice of life high school show with the premise that a NEET (not in education, employment or training) main character is given a chance at fixing his life by taking part in the ReLife experiment - taking a wonder drug that will make take him from 27 to 17 again and going to high-school for a year.

Wasn't expecting to like it but yeah, its a fun show with comedic and melodramatic moments. The character designs aren't stellar (but supposedly true to the webcomic so...) but as the MC , Kaizaki gets into the swing of things its an entertaining show. Season 2 is prolly as far out tho as Attack on Titan has been :(

• @Sieghardt I find the end of the second season to be very cool, makes you rethink the entire show :)

• Finally caught up on Digimon Tri......the payoff on finally seeing Gomamon and Palmon go mega was totally worth the wait!

• Watching My hero academia really recently and it seems quite cool and want to make a start on Terraformars and Bezerk.

Im caught up on Dragonball Super atm after finaly getting up to speed with all of Z, I'm kind of interested in the original episodes of dragonball too but there is so much of it. Is it worth the time since so much of it is retconned now, the part I'm really interested in is the king piccolo stuff so maybe I'll just watch that. Thoughts?