Anime! Who's watching what?

• Easy Ally

JoJo No Kimyou Na Bouken: Stardust Crusaders

• Watching Elfen Lied right now for the first time. Having difficulties with the animation style though.

• @Ruaidhri18 Is that all you're having difficulties with?

alt text

• I was sick yesterday and binge watched all of food wars.

• I started watching Jojo on Crunchyroll, and although I know that as a series Jojo is much older, the style of it sort of reminds me of Cromartie High School.

• @Minamik I really dig it because as time goes on, it changes up its style. I still can't believe what a kick I get out of the series.

• I caught up on Jojo Diamond is Unbreakable, and realized I'd started with the newest series....lol.

So now I'm watching it from the proper beginning, and aside from the obvious fact that Dio makes my blood boil...I was NOT expecting that end theme song...lol.

• I'm currently watching season 2 of Mushishi.

• This is kinda ridiculous, but I have been on the pokemon sun/moon hype train for the past couple of months. It started in Feb. getting Pokemon Yellow and in the past two months I went and finished Alpha Sapphire and X.

Because of this, I started watching the dub version of Pokemon XY and been in a full nostalgia run at this point. I can't help myself. The hype is real.

• Is it weird to anyone else that Jojo pretty much completely abandons hamon with Stardust Crusaders? I understand it's cause of the Stands, but it seems like it'd still be useful to know.

• currently watching Berserk, ReZero, 91 days(just started) JoJo, and Food Wars. Ep. 15 of ReZero was like, WTF!?

• Rewatching Soul Eater because there's a shonen hole in my heart that must be filled. Not to mention it was my first Anime and I still love it dearly. Maybe not the best way to jump in though...

• Amaama to Inazuma Might be the only one I end up watching for this season. It has a lot of good stuff already and is fairly unique (anime about a single dad isn't really done that often) without banging you over the head with the gimmick - feels natural so far and seems to be more about the guy himself rather than "how does he cope with the loss of his wife 6 months prior?"

Speaking of gimmicks, I tried the first episode of Hatsukoi Monster and bailed halfway through. Not worth the linking that one.

Can someone tell me how much ecchi is actually in that food one that's got its second series right now? It feels like I should be a fan, but I'm not big on the whole fanservice thing.

Of the others I see listed on Anichart, Orange seems pretty cool and I might check that out, Scared Rider XechS seems like such a mismatch of genres that it better be freaking godly or I'll be very disappointed (oh jeez 5.5 on MAL for the first episode... Hopefully it's a JoJo type thing and no one's caught onto the joke just yet), and I'll always give whatever Brains Base are making a shot although this one (a teengirl fanservice vampire wazoo by the sounds of it) might not hold up.

• @Mr-M said in Anime! Who's watching what?:

Can someone tell me how much ecchi is actually in that food one that's got its second series right now? It feels like I should be a fan, but I'm not big on the whole fanservice thing.

Food Wars isn't super ecchi like most of those ecchi type animes. I mean its sorta ecchi when the characters get orgasm when they taste the food to the point that its really funny. But its not that bad that i consider it not to be ecchi at all imo.

• Disclaimer: I went into Food Wars totally blind to the ecchi. Someone told me it was like an anime version of Iron Chef.

The first episode was a little shocking because I had no context for what was happening. It goes from zero to "I'm pretty sure that schoolgirl just came from eating fried rice? " but it's pretty apparent by episode two or three that it's tongue in cheek and that the ecchi is an apt, if ridiculous metaphor. Guys and girls, young and old alike are affected by the ecstacy of flavors cooked up on the show. It's worth a shot, watch a few episodes at least. Not somewhere where someone will walk in on you and you'll have to explain any awkward moments, obviously, but it's a good series.

• @CROWatoan said in Anime! Who's watching what?:

@Mr-M said in Anime! Who's watching what?:

Food Wars isn't super ecchi like most of those ecchi type animes. I mean its sorta ecchi when the characters get orgasm when they taste the food to the point that its really funny. But its not that bad that i consider it not to be ecchi at all imo.

Orgasm in a sexy way or orgasm in the Yakitate Japan sort of way? Yakitate Japan was a masterclass of the whole crazy twist on shounen tournament stuff and if Food Wars is basically the same thing but slightly sexualised I don't think I'll bother with it.

• Just saw the first episode of Mob Psycho 100 and it's amazing. Also just started watching 91 days and I'm absolutely enthralled.

• Rewatching through D.Gray-man right now since a continuation of the anime (D.Gray-man Hallow) just started up again. Such a great series with some of the most epic opening songs ever.

• For whatever reason I watched all of Big Order, no idea what compelled me to watch it.
    Been watching JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, its about the only thing im really keeping up to date with.

Also Erased reminded me (and my mom who I got into the show) why we hate playing Clue with my brother, or taking him to some mystery dinner theater thing

• Global Moderator

Caught up with Jo Jo's Bizzare Adventure other than thatits just One Piece with the latest episodes