What is the best game you've never played?

• Now I know it is hard to define what the "best" game you've never played is considering you've never played it. What I mean by this question is what is the game that is either super highly critically acclaimed or seen as a pillar in gaming history that you've just never got your hands on.

For me it has to be either Chrono Trigger or The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Now both of these games are staples in the medium of video games and are considered "must plays" or "influencers" for many games to follow. I have plans of scratching them off my backlog in the near future however.

alt text

Let me know what gaming shame you have in your closet.

• Metal Gear Solid. It looks fun, but I just can't get past the blocky PS1 textures. Might play the PC port someday...

• I have never completed Final Fantasy VII or VI. Friends have lent me copies several times over the years but I never got the hooks in me to get past more than the first 3-4 hours of either. With FF7Remake, I might finally polish that one off, but it's still to be seen if it's coming to PC.

• Chrono Trigger also. Love JRPGs, but I'm currently going through Square's library chronologically and I'm only at 1992.

• The Dragon Quest games. I know I really should play them and I love the art work from Akira Toriyama. I never played these because I was so enthralled with the Final Fantasy games.

• I'm going to have to say the Witcher 3. Since it is still fresh in my mind. I just don't have the time with all the stuff in my backlog. Maybe one day I'll get around to it!

• Chrono Trigger for sure, haha. I won't lie, I used to resent it a bit since someone told me Twilight Princess couldn't be my favorite game if I hadn't played Chrono...on a TP fan forum. But now I just keep forgetting to pick it up. Haven't played any Resident Evil or Silent Hill games either.

• For me it has to be the entire Zelda series. I've never owned a Nintendo system, but a lot of my friends have, so I have played games like Mario 64, Galaxy, and stuff like that. But I have never touched a Zelda game.
    Depending on what the NX is, that could be changing next year, but we will see.

• Dwarf Fortress

• Oh, I am a champion in this:
    Legend of Zelda, DeusX (Will fix that soon), Dragon quest, Mario, Sonic, Final Fantasy (Played, but never finished any), Gran Turismo, Resident Evil, Halo, Battlefield, Donkey Kong, Crash Bandicoot, Bejeweled, Tekken, Super Smash Bros., Ratchet & Clank, Animal Crossing, God of War, Uncharted, Kingdom Hearts, Warcraft, Metroid, Red Dead, Star Fox, Yakuza, Chrono Trigger.... and many more.

• Metal Gear Solid 4 because I never had a ps3. Would love to a play a remastered version on ps4.

• I'm playing through FF9 and Chrono Trigger right now so that takes two off the list. I would say Zelda, but I plan on rectifying that after finishing the ones I mentioned before.

• Off the top of my head I'd have to go with most japanese/jrpg games. No Final Fantasy, Shenmue, Xenoblade, etc..

• Edit: misread the topic,

Final Fantasy VII would be mine. Never had the console to play it.

• Ocarina of Time and every Zelda after that: Only played the first hour or so, but it was years after i came out and it felt too dated to keep me interested. I might check out the 3DS version one of these days, though.

• Final Fantasy VII, it just didn't click on me, but I surely understand its value ^_^

• Came to say Chrono Trigger, but looks like I'm not alone.

• @Oscillator I've only played Ground Zeroes. It's a series I am afraid is too complicated to jump in this late.

• @Dirokia I've never played FFVII. I am super stoked to play the remake. It allows me to play a supposedly amazing game and not be forced to retread old clunky gameplay.

• @Ringedwithtile Damn. Good luck to you man!