Classic games that you hate?

• @Brannox I agree with Ico, but I wish I'd have given Shadow of the Colossus more time, I didn't even beat the first beast. And I am slightly looking forward to The Last Guardian.

• anything Witcher. I mention it as it seems like a classic to people these days.

The story makes me want to fall asleep, and Geralt feels like an extremely boring character.

I said it.

• @DarthAmmii Originally, SotC didn't start too bad, but by the third or fourth beast, I had had enough. I really hope The Last Guardian lives up to expectations, if for no other reason than those who love those games get a good one. It just won't be for me.

• I know it's not that old(ps3-generation)

but Heavy rain is horrible

Controlls are very awkward
    You have to mundane stuff like drink milk from a carton, go into a shower, hold a baby
    Mediocre VA, terrible writing,
    uncanny valley facial animations

• @Michster I think Heavy Rain is disliked by more people than those who like it.

• Legend Of Dragoon. Yep, hate with a passion. There's quite a few others I could name but they're so niche I doubt it would ring many bells, but I get this game brought up often when I talk about RPGs with 90s kids.

• I thought of another (it must seem like I hate all games, lol), Limbo. Can't stand it.

• Dark Souls (that's old enough to be classic right?)
    The world is just so bland and borring. The gameplay is okay, but there was nothing in the game, that made me want to continue. Now originally I only played it for a couple of hours, and then said, fine this isnt for me.

Then Bloodborne came along..
    What a masterpiece.
    In Bloodborne they created a fantastic world, and felt like you would turne a corner, and there would just be a crazy beast, that your mind wouldn't even comprehend. It was magnificent.
    The combat, was also way better than Dark Souls.

After I got the platinum in Bloodborne, I decided to give Dark Souls another go.. but man, even after about 25 hours, it was just a drag. I can see why the game would appeal to people, but to me the world was just too borring.

• @MonsTruz You gonna try Dark Souls 3?

• @DarthAmmii

Yes, I actually did play Dark Souls 3. I thought what the hell, they must have learned something from Bloodborne, and I think they did. I have not played Dark Souls 2, so I don't know how big the different is between 2 and 3.
    But the lvl design in Dark souls 3, was very good. The world itself, is nowhere near as good as Bloodborne, but the actual lvl design, how everything was connected and so on, was probably even better than Bloodborne.

The game still didn't captivate me as much as Bloodborne, and then another game came along (Uncharted maybe), so I never got around to finishing it. But I might go back, I defiantly had a better time with Dark Souls 3, than the original game.
    But I they announce a Bloodborne 2, I'm going to be all over that.

• @MonsTruz I don't like the world the Souls games are set in, yet I love the look of Bloodborne with it's Frankenstein'esque atmosphere. But Nioh is my kinda jam, totally, I love ninjas lol.

• This thread is depressing, ha. So many games I love.

GTA
    Witcher Series
    Fallout/Skyrim

Those are a few of the most popular franchises I just don't get much out of although I wouldn't say I hate any of them. They just end up boring me.

• @SpyKi I just went with click-baity title lol. But as someone who absolutely loves Grand Theft Auto games, I can see why a lot of people dislike them.

• @DarthAmmii
    Yeah Nioh looks really amazing!

• @MonsTruz Is there some weird way to download the demo off of the PSN? The Download button won't show on mine. :(

• really hate Hogs of War

• Ecco the Dolphin really grinds my gears. It was one of three games I owned on the SEGA Genesis besides Sonic, the other two being sports games (NBA Jam, NHLPA 93). My parents got it for me because it seemed like a peaceful,. non-violent video game.

Little did they know how angry a person this one game would make me. Not only could I not beat it, but I didn't have the attention span to even get past the second level. The puzzles were RIDICULOUS, and in an age where there was no internet, I just had no clue how to proceed at times.

• I can't believe I'm using my first post for this: Final Fantasy Tactic. I tried. I tried a lot. I just hate this game. It looks SOOOOOOO good but I just can't play it :(

• I don't hate any games however I dislike bad ports of games like Pac-Man on the 2600

• While I'm sure they have good production values, I've never played a GTA game because I'm offended by its use of sex & violence for the sake of sex & violence. I can kind of get around Mortal Kombat, because fighting is all it is, but GTA makes excuses as to why it's so graphic.

I played The Godfather game once, and although the game itself was clunky, I respected how it presented the violence; pacing it out, blending it with the story, not too gory.

Also, my dislike of traditional JRPGs aside, I don't see why Final Fantasy's soundtrack gets the wide acclaim that it does. Aside from its magnum opus, Dancing Mad, It all sounds like bland, dumbed-down classical. Zelda's soundtracks are both more tuneful and more emotional, yet Koji Kondo gets slagged for being too "easy", like a John Sloane painting... -_-