Classic games that you hate?

• @DarthAmmii

Yes, I actually did play Dark Souls 3. I thought what the hell, they must have learned something from Bloodborne, and I think they did. I have not played Dark Souls 2, so I don't know how big the different is between 2 and 3.
    But the lvl design in Dark souls 3, was very good. The world itself, is nowhere near as good as Bloodborne, but the actual lvl design, how everything was connected and so on, was probably even better than Bloodborne.

The game still didn't captivate me as much as Bloodborne, and then another game came along (Uncharted maybe), so I never got around to finishing it. But I might go back, I defiantly had a better time with Dark Souls 3, than the original game.
    But I they announce a Bloodborne 2, I'm going to be all over that.

• @MonsTruz I don't like the world the Souls games are set in, yet I love the look of Bloodborne with it's Frankenstein'esque atmosphere. But Nioh is my kinda jam, totally, I love ninjas lol.

• This thread is depressing, ha. So many games I love.

GTA
    Witcher Series
    Fallout/Skyrim

Those are a few of the most popular franchises I just don't get much out of although I wouldn't say I hate any of them. They just end up boring me.

• @SpyKi I just went with click-baity title lol. But as someone who absolutely loves Grand Theft Auto games, I can see why a lot of people dislike them.

• @DarthAmmii
    Yeah Nioh looks really amazing!

• @MonsTruz Is there some weird way to download the demo off of the PSN? The Download button won't show on mine. :(

• really hate Hogs of War

• Ecco the Dolphin really grinds my gears. It was one of three games I owned on the SEGA Genesis besides Sonic, the other two being sports games (NBA Jam, NHLPA 93). My parents got it for me because it seemed like a peaceful,. non-violent video game.

Little did they know how angry a person this one game would make me. Not only could I not beat it, but I didn't have the attention span to even get past the second level. The puzzles were RIDICULOUS, and in an age where there was no internet, I just had no clue how to proceed at times.

• I can't believe I'm using my first post for this: Final Fantasy Tactic. I tried. I tried a lot. I just hate this game. It looks SOOOOOOO good but I just can't play it :(

• I don't hate any games however I dislike bad ports of games like Pac-Man on the 2600

• While I'm sure they have good production values, I've never played a GTA game because I'm offended by its use of sex & violence for the sake of sex & violence. I can kind of get around Mortal Kombat, because fighting is all it is, but GTA makes excuses as to why it's so graphic.

I played The Godfather game once, and although the game itself was clunky, I respected how it presented the violence; pacing it out, blending it with the story, not too gory.

Also, my dislike of traditional JRPGs aside, I don't see why Final Fantasy's soundtrack gets the wide acclaim that it does. Aside from its magnum opus, Dancing Mad, It all sounds like bland, dumbed-down classical. Zelda's soundtracks are both more tuneful and more emotional, yet Koji Kondo gets slagged for being too "easy", like a John Sloane painting... -_-

• Hate is too strong a word but I really have a hard time with Zelda II: The Adventure of Link. The game has such a wild difficulty spike early on that I just stop most of the time. It's gotten better over time, but I just shudder every time I think about it.

• This post is deleted!

• Hate's a strong word but I don't like Earthbound at all and think it's genuinely one of the most overrated games I've ever seen.

• Is Halo classic now? was never a fan of the series, didn't like the look or characters. I get why people like it but at the time I found it to be a downgrade to the FPS's I had been playing on PC. I suppose I do have a Microsoft bias ever since Windows 2000 and how I couldn't play some of my favorite games on it.
    I wouldn't say I hate Earthbound but first person RPGs are just not my thing. (as in you get into random turn based battles but cant see your characters.) Love turn based rpgs over action rpgs though.

• I can't think of any games that I hate, but I really don't care for the GTA series.. GTA V is the only one I played through (since it came free with my PS4) and I don't know.. its just not for me.

As for games that are always on top 20 lists, I'd have to go with Skyrim. I used to hate on it but I eventually came around and played it and enjoyed it.. but I really don't think it deserves to be called one of the best of all time

I'll also add an honorable mention for the Halo series.. I loved Halo CE (its probably one of my most replayed games) but I kind of just lost interest in the series after that. Also I never owned an Xbox...

• @DeweyDTruman said in Classic games that you hate?:

Hate's a strong word but I don't like Earthbound at all and think it's genuinely one of the most overrated games I've ever seen.

Well I hate Earthbound SOOOOOOO MUCH. Its mind numbing, no brain battle system, its confusing story filled with facepalm "jokes", and the worst 16-bit track I have ever heard (especially the theme during the Alien Invasion which I wanted to rip my ears out).

I have no idea how this game has a cult following.

• Speaking of Halo, I despise Halo 2.

Halo 1 is near perfection. All it's missing is online multiplayer (which Bungie regretted not having). Beautiful graphics, beautiful level design, beautiful AI, beautiful weapon balance (the pistol may be powerful, but picking it up doesn't make the game a cakewalk), beautiful physics...everywhere beauty.

Then its sequel destroyed everything it stood for.

Low detail textures
    Cramped mission maps
    Poor weapon balance (battle rifle and carbine pwn everything)
    Artificial difficulty increase (the AI doesn't get smarter on Legendary, they just do way more damage)
    Stiffer, heavier physics (especially noticeable in the death animations)
    Tinder box vehicles
    Overreliance on gimmicks/glitches in multiplayer (rocket lock-on, sword lunge, noob combo, superbouncing)
    No custom game browser (you gotta have lots of friends and hope they're not busy in matchmaking if you wanna play fun gametypes)
    Confusing storyline
    The world looks either dark or bloomy, take your pick

• @Brannox said in Classic games that you hate?:

@DarthAmmii Originally, SotC didn't start too bad, but by the third or fourth beast, I had had enough. I really hope The Last Guardian lives up to expectations, if for no other reason than those who love those games get a good one. It just won't be for me.

I don't know what type expectation do u have exactly but I personally looking forward to Last Guardian because I enjoyed ICO&SOTC, but if don't like those games, then I don't know if going like Last Guardian.

On Topic: Dead Space 3, I hate that game with passion. It gets me because I absolutely LOVED firs two games. It was one my favourite new IP from last gen but 3rd game single handedly destroyed the series and it actually made me hate EA as a whole.

• Any of the classic turn-based RPG's. Never liked them as a kid, tried again recently with Final Fantasy 6, and I just can't. I understand that the storytelling and all is great, but all those random turn-based encounters are just agonizing to me.

Mortal Kombat yes, the blood and fatalities were sweet, but other than that it sucks as a fighting game. Every character is exactly the same except for their special moves. Street Fighter 2 was so much better, the Characters are so different and it just plays better.