Classic games that you hate?

• Hate is too strong a word but I really have a hard time with Zelda II: The Adventure of Link. The game has such a wild difficulty spike early on that I just stop most of the time. It's gotten better over time, but I just shudder every time I think about it.

• This post is deleted!

• Hate's a strong word but I don't like Earthbound at all and think it's genuinely one of the most overrated games I've ever seen.

• Is Halo classic now? was never a fan of the series, didn't like the look or characters. I get why people like it but at the time I found it to be a downgrade to the FPS's I had been playing on PC. I suppose I do have a Microsoft bias ever since Windows 2000 and how I couldn't play some of my favorite games on it.
    I wouldn't say I hate Earthbound but first person RPGs are just not my thing. (as in you get into random turn based battles but cant see your characters.) Love turn based rpgs over action rpgs though.

• I can't think of any games that I hate, but I really don't care for the GTA series.. GTA V is the only one I played through (since it came free with my PS4) and I don't know.. its just not for me.

As for games that are always on top 20 lists, I'd have to go with Skyrim. I used to hate on it but I eventually came around and played it and enjoyed it.. but I really don't think it deserves to be called one of the best of all time

I'll also add an honorable mention for the Halo series.. I loved Halo CE (its probably one of my most replayed games) but I kind of just lost interest in the series after that. Also I never owned an Xbox...

• @DeweyDTruman said in Classic games that you hate?:

Hate's a strong word but I don't like Earthbound at all and think it's genuinely one of the most overrated games I've ever seen.

Well I hate Earthbound SOOOOOOO MUCH. Its mind numbing, no brain battle system, its confusing story filled with facepalm "jokes", and the worst 16-bit track I have ever heard (especially the theme during the Alien Invasion which I wanted to rip my ears out).

I have no idea how this game has a cult following.

• Speaking of Halo, I despise Halo 2.

Halo 1 is near perfection. All it's missing is online multiplayer (which Bungie regretted not having). Beautiful graphics, beautiful level design, beautiful AI, beautiful weapon balance (the pistol may be powerful, but picking it up doesn't make the game a cakewalk), beautiful physics...everywhere beauty.

Then its sequel destroyed everything it stood for.

Low detail textures
    Cramped mission maps
    Poor weapon balance (battle rifle and carbine pwn everything)
    Artificial difficulty increase (the AI doesn't get smarter on Legendary, they just do way more damage)
    Stiffer, heavier physics (especially noticeable in the death animations)
    Tinder box vehicles
    Overreliance on gimmicks/glitches in multiplayer (rocket lock-on, sword lunge, noob combo, superbouncing)
    No custom game browser (you gotta have lots of friends and hope they're not busy in matchmaking if you wanna play fun gametypes)
    Confusing storyline
    The world looks either dark or bloomy, take your pick

• @Brannox said in Classic games that you hate?:

@DarthAmmii Originally, SotC didn't start too bad, but by the third or fourth beast, I had had enough. I really hope The Last Guardian lives up to expectations, if for no other reason than those who love those games get a good one. It just won't be for me.

I don't know what type expectation do u have exactly but I personally looking forward to Last Guardian because I enjoyed ICO&SOTC, but if don't like those games, then I don't know if going like Last Guardian.

On Topic: Dead Space 3, I hate that game with passion. It gets me because I absolutely LOVED firs two games. It was one my favourite new IP from last gen but 3rd game single handedly destroyed the series and it actually made me hate EA as a whole.

• Any of the classic turn-based RPG's. Never liked them as a kid, tried again recently with Final Fantasy 6, and I just can't. I understand that the storytelling and all is great, but all those random turn-based encounters are just agonizing to me.

Mortal Kombat yes, the blood and fatalities were sweet, but other than that it sucks as a fighting game. Every character is exactly the same except for their special moves. Street Fighter 2 was so much better, the Characters are so different and it just plays better.

• Majora's Mask. I've rage quit 4 times. I try to go back once a year and finish it, and every time I get so angry and frustrated that I give up. We'll see if I actually finish it this year or not. <_<

• @sam776 said in Classic games that you hate?:

Majora's Mask. I've rage quit 4 times. I try to go back once a year and finish it, and every time I get so angry and frustrated that I give up. We'll see if I actually finish it this year or not. <_<

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0970347367/ref=dp_olp_all_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=all

You'll need it for the second half of the game in any case. Get the one with the poster.

• Pretty much every sports game and driving game. I've tried numerous games, but I just find them more frustrating than fun. NBA Jam on Snes was decent. And all driving games Expect Burnout 3 and CTR (and some mario karts) are bad, if you ask me.
    Also, first Witcher had so frustrating Combat, that I didn't continue the game after tutorial, gladly it was somewhat fixed in Enhanced edition...

• @jipostus said in Classic games that you hate?:

And all driving games Expect Burnout 3 and CTR (and some mario karts) are bad, if you ask me.

Burnout Revenge is even better. Traffic Checking! :D

Youtube Video

• @Oscillator said in Classic games that you hate?:

@jipostus said in Classic games that you hate?:

And all driving games Expect Burnout 3 and CTR (and some mario karts) are bad, if you ask me.

Burnout Revenge is even better. Traffic Checking! :D

Youtube Video

I have Burnout Revenge...It might be a good game, but sadly, my copy of it is Nordic release, and it doesn't have english sounds, only Finnish, Swedish and Norwegian, which all annoy the living crap out of me, making the game nearly unplayable to me.

• @jipostus said in Classic games that you hate?:

I have Burnout Revenge...It might be a good game, but sadly, my copy of it is Nordic release, and it doesn't have english sounds, only Finnish, Swedish and Norwegian, which all annoy the living crap out of me, making the game nearly unplayable to me.

:-(

• Final Fantasy X. Seriously who like that trash.
    Ironically, I love Final Fantasy XIII.
    Fight me.

• Hmm how to define a classic, I guess for me it would be something released before 2000. It's quite hard for me to name classic games before that time that I couldn't appreciate. Since they most likely were somewhat innovative or defined the genre. And to really hate a game seems absurd. I don't even hate Bethesda developed Fallout games even with their disrespect to the orginals and ruining the future of Fallout as an great RPG.

Trying to answer the question, I got bored really fast on Sid Meier's Pirates. And I have a huge thirst for pirate games. I'm sure there would be more classic games that didn't click with me, but either I haven't played them or they didn't raise any big feelings so I can't remember them. If the question was "popular games you don't like or that don't interest you" I could name a lot more.

• @DarthAmmii I belive it was only for a limited time you could get the demo.

• i only have 2 games that i utterly hate, ad truly wish were never made...

FF7 is hands down the worst final fantasy ever..imo it was the start of the decline of the series..

and fucking OoT...seriously just fuck that that whole fucking game and anyone who worked on it..

also twilight princess is gutter trash also.

• @KingofDMC I don't like either of them but I'm glad they was made for the people that do