Banner courtesy of Auctopus

Current Episode:

Youtube Video

START THE ADVENTURE WITH EPISODE 1!

Youtube Video

iTunes:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tabletop-escapades/id1104484394?mt=2

• "And the main quest was never seen again."

I hope the party gets back on track somehow, I was legit intrigued by the prologue and the first act with the cave/hideout the party went through. Slowing getting more information on who/what they're up against. I'd read a book to get the rest of that story.

I'm still very much enjoying it as an improv show, and it's still great fun, but man if we never get any more of the main quest after such a solid opener it'll be a shame.

• @ALLCAPS I wouldn't be surprised if Ben starts steering them back towards the main quest in the next couple of episodes.
    In the last one it felt like he's started to learn how to say No to the players instead of just going with whatever whim they (Huber) come up with.

• @Olf_Himself As someone who's played and DM'd before, I know the struggle of giving freedom without giving control. I'm hoping we can have it both ways.

• We need a twitch emote of that look that ben gives the camera every time Law gets into more trouble.

• The last two episodes have been amazing. Everyone seems to be getting comfortable enough with their characters by now and it leads to hilarious situations. I love how Ne:cat:or has been rolling so badly in battle but when he's gotta pick up a cat, it's a nat 20, of course. Just that moment alone had me in tears.

Ben's look™ whenever one of them (Law) does something outrageous is like a silent cry for help. :D

• The show is hilarious, and I have faith that they can get the actual questing back on track. I think with Table Top Adventures they went off the rails so much because they were basically being bossed around by super powerful beings and taken directly from dungeon to dungeon, so they just kept pushing back more and more until it ended up the way it did. I think it was good to try moving away from that, but I guess now they have too much freedom because they kept being presented with possible quests, but instead ended up wreaking havoc instead. Hopefully Ben's close to finding a balance where they feel like they have agency, but can't get away with doing insane stuff seemingly just for humor and shock value.

I don't want to sound like I'm picking on Huber, but I feel like Law's obsession with the grain is the best example of how things could improve. The "Lars had grain" meme is great and I think making inconsequential callbacks to it is great, but a lot of their problems came about because Law had to be "in on the joke" and did totally irrational things based on the flimsy justification that he finds the grain lucky. I mean I guess there's nothing inherently wrong with having a character be that much of a superstitious idiot, but I don't think that significant of a character flaw should just be thrown in on a whim with so little provokation when the character already has enough of an extreme personality to contend with.

Again, I don't mean to say I'm not enjoying the ride, because I sure am, I just think even comedy D&D is at it's best when everyone's actually working towards adventuring-related goals, and when they keep inventing piles of unrelated short-term goals and forcing Ben to create short-term problems for them to solve, it just makes each success or failure less satisfying than long or medium-term goals like completing quests, clearing dungeons, defeating major enemies, etc.

• I've watch Tabletop Adventures and Tabletop Escapades too much.. and I want more!! I really love the improvised timeless comedy that comes from this series.. and when the team take it seriously it's fun too. So I really hope they keep this going for a long time. Enjoying Brad's involvement too, he's really getting into his character; more than what I thought he'd would. But I should have guessed it after seeing his episode on Fiasco that he'd rock it out.

• I just started watching it. Finished the first episode. I am new to tabletop series but it has me hooked.

• After I found this show I binge watched the first 7 or 8 Episodes because I'm either crazy or this is the greatest show in the universe! Or both. I laughed soooo much!!!! Can't wait for more. I love these guys!

• I had no idea what DnD was even about before watching this show. Seeing everyone being so creative and fun with it really caught my interest!

It really makes me want to try the game myself one day, but it seems super hard to find people who are into DnD alt text

• New one's out!

Law with his inventory check and the return of the crowbar. Man, I laughed. :) And the fact that Kyle left Yogalla just sleeping, ignoring the "reached-out hands". Nice. The few 1's from throws were also well timed, Huber got to make his story for the thief canon, lol. :)

There's going to be some real showdown with all the group soon at the Baron's place, I'll tell you that.

• "I have a molotov cocktail" was pretty damn fun!

• Oh man when Ben said even the Baron would be asleep, I knew Huber was going to try to confront him!

• Hmm I need to start from the beginning.

I haven't played D&D, but I played Warhammer and Shadowrun. I prefer D6 games.

• I loved the latest episode. Ian's old man voice and RP was awesome, Law doesn't have a plan but he has a crowbar. Pure comedy gold. :grinning:

• Finally a new episode!! And oh man Law! :laughing: Epic :laughing: Everyone is so great! Really enjoyed Therese and Necator trying to hide and figuring stuff out. Episode was amazing! And I'm totally convinced Ben's main story is forever lost now :smile:

• If TE was adapted into an anime, or television show then I think it would make for very compelling content. Though that doesn't mean it's not so now. The out-of-character banter, and everything in between makes this show.

• I would love to see this go suikoden style with them recruiting an army of NPCs as they go :smiley:

• I love this show so much and even though the epic story introduction and the high stakes at which the journey started are currently not present I would not change a thing.

I thank the guys for playing their characters to the max! The crazy shit that happens is just magic. Every episode makes me happy and I hope this goes on forever! I seriously had no problem if they would stay 5 more episodes in the city before they sort out what to do next.

Big shout out to all of the guys but especially to Ben! He is so good at keeping up with the craziness around him. It is just impressive!

Cannot wait for the next episode! Have a nice week guys!