Tabletop Escapades - Official Discussion Thread [Spoilers]

• @Alex840

Yep! I really like Pomper so far, Huber is doing a great job of making him different than Law.

• I can't wait until next week for more TTE. Started watching the old TTA on gametrailers! Here's a link to the first episode just in case anyone wants to watch through it too.

Youtube Video

• @trugs26 said in Tabletop Escapades - Official Discussion Thread:

@roobieroo said in Tabletop Escapades - Official Discussion Thread:

I'm curious to see what is going to happen with the statue that requires Ian to kill an innocent person every three days or he dies. Ben hinted that it's not an evil god but man.

Maybe it's a test. If Ian DOESN'T kill, then he passes the statue spirit's test.

OMG!!! That's so good that I bet you're right.

Spoiler He did say they need to be "innocent" so you could be on to something here.

• One thing I'm confused about is that Yogalla and Necator were so willing to let the 2nd coin dude go when they knew about Therese's curse and how she needs to kill someone.

It's like they forgot about it from last ep, even though it is the same session.

• I was maybe a bit disappointed that things didn't progress that much in the newest episode, but it was still fun to watch. The scream of the first gold boy that made the whole group laugh after Yogalla and Necator's responses. :)

The old man was interesting, and the way Ben decided to tell the story in two different time lines. I wonder if the old man met Pomper or the group first.

• @Whoaness said in Tabletop Escapades - Official Discussion Thread:

One thing I'm confused about is that Yogalla and Necator were so willing to let the 2nd coin dude go when they knew about Therese's curse and how she needs to kill someone.

It's like they forgot about it from last ep, even though it is the same session.

I think they're chaotic neutral, which often means that they're self-interested. They'll do what most benefits them first and foremost. So Therese's curse is definitely not on the forefront of their minds.

• I loved Ben's inability to stop himself laughing in the scene with Huber. "Are you a dragon?"

• I feel like this is the first time Ben has cracked up as a DM.
    ! I remember when Law yelled "KOBAYASHIIII!!!" Ben didn't burst out laughing like the rest of them.

• Ok, so I was pretty wrong last time concerning the old man on the beach. It was cleverly told by Ben, I really thought it would be the same man and that the narrative took a slight time twist there. But there were two, a yin yang situation. Pomper's voice was nice as well, "I'm inside of a seashell?".

• dunno if ben post here but is brad still in possession of the nightingale sword? does it have particular attributes?
    also can the group buy item like potions? i never played D&D but that probably something i'll do right away when i get some gold

• When you pause TTE at the right time, a new avatar is mandatory.

http://imgur.com/4DiA8TT.png

• I wonder if there was a wrong description for the episode this week. "Our heroes find a strange place". Did they?

• I really really hope they come together again as a single group. We have essentially been a split party for 2/3 of the episodes and it is beginning to dampen my enjoyment of the show. Ben is having to tell 2 different stories and is having to advance both more slowly than if there were one. I still love the interactions and the story is getting really great. Just hope Huber joins up with everyone again.

• Just halfway through the latest episode and a thought crossed my mind.

Are any of the major NPC's that Ben has introduced been female? Basically, any NPC that the main cast hold a fairly long conversation with. As I recall, everyone has been male. It's a bit of a sausage fest, so it'd be cool if Ben mixed things up a little and threw in a few female NPC's.

But my memory might be failing me, there might've been a few females I might have just forgotten.

I don't want to come across as a SJW, it's just that I like to imagine this world, and it's a bit weird that everyone is a guy.

Edit: just felt I needed to come back and correct this. I don't agree with my use of "SJW" here, so I'm striking it out.

• @trugs26 said in Tabletop Escapades - Official Discussion Thread:

Just halfway through the latest episode and a thought crossed my mind.

Are any of the major NPC's that Ben has introduced been female? Basically, any NPC that the main cast hold a fairly long conversation with. As I recall, everyone has been male. It's a bit of a sausage fest, so it'd be cool if Ben mixed things up a little and threw in a few female NPC's.

But my memory might be failing me, there might've been a few females I might have just forgotten.

Pretty much, but you can't blame him when he himself is male. Maybe he isn't comfortable doing female voices

• @trugs26 Honestly, I think this is just the case of him not thinking about it. Most of these characters are probably made on the spot thanks to the antics of the TTE crew, and he probably doesn't think about diversifying the characters.

Not comfortable with your assumption that "SJW" is a derogatory term. Or more accurately, I'm more worried about your assurances of not wanting to come across as one.

• @Lexad Fair enough. Well he can rest assured that I for one wouldn't mind that he just uses his neutral voice for a female character.

@ObbyDent Yup true, I just thought I should bring it up somewhere just so he can become aware of this and correct it. As I understand it, SJW is a negative term to refer to people who go over the top PC, which is what I didn't want to come across as, as I think I'm bringing up a valid point within the realm of equality.

• @trugs26 its a silly Tabletop game a bunch of dudes are playing for fun...not sure if this is some big issue.

• @DemonSwordsman said in Tabletop Escapades - Official Discussion Thread:

@trugs26 its a silly Tabletop game a bunch of dudes are playing for fun...not sure if this is some big issue.

I figure if it is a big enough issue, then Ian will most likely have already discussed it with Ben as that is a huge thing for Ian.

• I just love Tabletop Escapades so much!!

And could you believe it would lead to fans making the Yogalla's Creed card game based on it?

I certainly could not.

LOVE & RESPECT

PS: Next week we will get a Fiasco led by Ian instead of the next episode because of Ben's trip to TGS!