Tabletop Escapades - Official Discussion Thread [Spoilers]

• @Lexad Fair enough. Well he can rest assured that I for one wouldn't mind that he just uses his neutral voice for a female character.

@ObbyDent Yup true, I just thought I should bring it up somewhere just so he can become aware of this and correct it. As I understand it, SJW is a negative term to refer to people who go over the top PC, which is what I didn't want to come across as, as I think I'm bringing up a valid point within the realm of equality.

• @trugs26 its a silly Tabletop game a bunch of dudes are playing for fun...not sure if this is some big issue.

• @DemonSwordsman said in Tabletop Escapades - Official Discussion Thread:

@trugs26 its a silly Tabletop game a bunch of dudes are playing for fun...not sure if this is some big issue.

I figure if it is a big enough issue, then Ian will most likely have already discussed it with Ben as that is a huge thing for Ian.

• I just love Tabletop Escapades so much!!

And could you believe it would lead to fans making the Yogalla's Creed card game based on it?

I certainly could not.

LOVE & RESPECT

PS: Next week we will get a Fiasco led by Ian instead of the next episode because of Ben's trip to TGS!

• @DemonSwordsman Sure, but one of the fun aspects of DnD is making a believable world to explore. The show is also there for our entertainmentto watch. I basically treat it like a weekly TV show, where there is an interesting set of characters going through interesting and funny scenarios. Imagine a weekly show, say Game of Thrones, where every character is male. It's just wouldn't be as interesting. It's just my personal suggestion to make the world more vivid, memorable and fun.

• #24. Yes! Yes! Yes! Such a good episode, because of the turn of events. I love it! <3 Thank you. This'll be great.

• So glad the group has met up finally. I really look forward to the next set of episodes when Ben gets back.

• I never thought in a million years I would be interested in D&D. Tabletop Escapades and Adventures has gotten me so into it that I bought the player handbook and a set of dice and convinced a few of my friends to get together and try this out. Love this so much keep it up, its honestly my favorite show you guys put out and am always left wanting more! L&R

• Heads up:
    The latest batch of episodes ended last week and as Ben's still in Japan they haven't been able to record more. Thus -> Fiasco this week, reads the schedule.

• @tostidos said in Tabletop Escapades - Official Discussion Thread:

I never thought in a million years I would be interested in D&D. Tabletop Escapades and Adventures has gotten me so into it that I bought the player handbook and a set of dice and convinced a few of my friends to get together and try this out. Love this so much keep it up, its honestly my favorite show you guys put out and am always left wanting more! L&R

I had already started playing a handful of times and a friend introduced me to the adventure zone from My Brother, My Brother, and Me. Then when EZA was set up, I pulled up the archive for Tabletop Adventures to prepare for TTE. And I have been watching Critical Role since May. I never thought I would play D&D, let alone listen to 3 podcasts of other people playing D&D.

• The latest episode is great. It was a nice point for the plot to wrap up some subplots, and a nice setup for the story to continue in the main plot.

• Does anyone know if they ever said what subclasses they picked for their characters. I know Ian's character's pact is with the Old God and has the Pact of the Chain as his boon, but I don't know about the others. Like is Necator a thief or an assassin, what school of magic does Yogalla specialize in, and what domain did Pomper choose?

• This side episode was pretty slow, it took them two hours to go through two rooms of a cave and get outside. I'm interested to see where it goes though, it feels as if this group is being set up as the antagonists to the main group, perhaps their paths will meet up and they'll have to fight head to head in a duel to the death.

• @Israel-Silva I think he has Life Domain.

• @Olf_Himself Yeah, I think I remember him mentioning that, but what about Yogalla and Necator?

• Global Moderator

I am now 2 episodes into this.. I like it waaay more than I dared to hope for! now I will spend the next month catching up or something haha

• Welp, the show is definitely getting more strange. It does feel good to have the old crew back though.

• I agree, things went pretty bizarre towards the end this time. Sometimes I literally stop and try to imagine how Ben can hold all the strings in his hands. How can he anticipate pretty much everything. This mirror walking now and its VERY unusual outcome. Hats off, I would be overwhelmed.

But why, oh why "you gotta keep 'em separated"? (a certain punk rock band)

I personally didn't find last week's side adventure particularly enjoyable. It was slow and pretty boring, sorry. And why have Brandon there if he doesn't (get to) speak for the first hour?

• By the way, what's with the episode name? "An Old Wizard Returns", did that happen at some point?

There's been some other times as well, when it has seemed so that the whole description for the episode is off by one.

• @Sentinel-Beach said in Tabletop Escapades - Official Discussion Thread:

But why, oh why "you gotta keep 'em separated"? (a certain punk rock band)

Yeah, I love TTE but sometimes I think that Ben allows the players too much spur of the moment stuff that can side track the show a bit too much.