Tabletop Escapades - Official Discussion Thread [Spoilers]

• Global Moderator

Have to say I was a bit disappointed with the episode. Felt like it was bogged down by continuity issues and just general DnD related questions.

The only thing that really happened in the episode was Pomper and crew making their way to Therese and Necator.

The cliffhanger was just last weeks cliffhanger with some rolls.

• Yeah, I felt like we didn't really get anywhere in the latest episode. We got the stuff with Crystalized Ren but that was about it. Hopefully that means next episode will have more going on, it is tough when the party is so divided to give equal time to each group.

• #67's out.

Yogalla... :'( It feels so weird to continue now. But the end is close anyway.

• Easy Ally

@Sentinel-Beach said in Tabletop Escapades - Official Discussion Thread:

@Bosman Kyle, how do you spell your phantom steed's name? It's almost like some weird cocktail. :)

ZanSeim Evadarroa Peach

• @Sentinel-Beach

I loved that episode so much! I think either result would have made for an amazing moment in the story but Yogalla dying because of his greed, and literally becoming part of the object of that greed, was so tasty. Too bad he took so many cool objects with him (The badass rings!!!) but the loss of those things he greedily took for himself and never made use of just makes it all the sweeter. Good thing Therese was holding all their magical bags!
    Plus, I am so excited for Kyle's new character! Ahhhh!!!

• Global Moderator

Like the Game of Thrones discussion, I think it's fair game that people can talk freely regarding the latest episode. I'd be a little more wary of this if for example patrons could view it early.

And with that, What a wonderful way to go.I have to admit I was a little disappointed at first as I did like the idea of Yogalla being so consumed by power that he would become the main villain however it was certainly a fitting way to go.

Huber all round was brilliant in this episode. I just found everything he did to be extremely entertaining.

I have to say, I'm a bit curious about the patrons in this universe and if their characters are aware of any of this.

• Everyone... I just had a horrifying realization...

CURSED

• @logic__error Once this arc concludes, I'm wondering if they go straight into another arc in the same universe or perhaps change things up a bit. I'd love to see a new campaign or game (something sci-fi perhaps) but I realize that requires learning an entirely new set of rules/mechanics, so it might not be feasible.

• @SabotageTheTruth I get the feeling Ben is really attached to this world, and has some more things in mind for it, so I'm assuming we'll see more but it would be cool to go with something completely new!

• @SabotageTheTruth There's only one mechanic, and that's persuasion. Everything else is just filler until you find creatures to bolster your party with.

• @logic__error I can tell he does and I certainly want more stories in it, but maybe just a light palate cleanser would be nice. If they could convince Christopher Perkins to come back and DM a few one-offs, that'd be fun. Always a good time to see Ben play a character every now and then.

• @TokyoSlim said in Tabletop Escapades - Official Discussion Thread [Spoilers]:

@SabotageTheTruth There's only one mechanic, and that's persuasion. Everything else is just filler until you find creatures to bolster your party with.

Gotta catch 'em all.

• Global Moderator

Latest episode (68) is up and there's something that's bothering me about it. I know very little on the rules of DnD so I'm hoping someone will just correct me on this one but the way the barrel was used seems totally off to me.

So my understanding from the episode is that they were allowed throw the barrel and from there it went on initiative on who could go next. I just find that to be wrong. If the plan was to throw the barrel and ignite it, surely they should be allowed to do that before anyone else takes a turn.

It'd make sense to me if the warlocks could maybe get some kind of saving throw first (not like that mattered at all since it wasn't a good throw either) but the way it did go in the episode just seems wrong to me.

What did others think?

Oh ya, Huber again was wonderful with his consistency on recruiting at all costs and Kyle's character should be a lot of fun.

• @tokeeffe9 I think had the party been a little more specific with the plan, that would have worked, but the plan they came up with was a bit of a mess. If Ian had wanted to zap the barrel in mid-air, then that could have changed things but I understood where Ben was coming from - a loud barrel full of dynamite hitting the ground and busting open would definitely alert enemies who were probably already on alert and being cautious. Even if he would have allowed those two actions combined together, it wouldn't have really damaged the enemies due to the poor throw. This whole dynamite "arc" has been a little confusing to follow since the party is running out of time, yet still seems more concerned with blowing stuff up.

Fame being southern is strange... but I'll roll with it.

• Global Moderator

I imagine the lack of posts on episode 69 says it all really. Very much a combat heavy episode so bar the odd laugh over something, it was just a necessary episode to move along.

• Ep 69 was still fun, getting to see Fame stretch her wings was entertaining. I think battles can be very engaging, but it has been tough just because this particular battle has so many moving parts to keep track of. Hopefully they can wrap this fight up in the next episode!

• The use of a whiteboard finally was greatly appreciated!

• lol whiteboard

• Global Moderator

Youtube Video

I haven't listened to the whole episode yet but my god. The part from 22:50 onwards has me cracking up.

• I really think that they should use a whiteboard in the next campaign. It would clarify a lot especially in battles. For instance this dynamite placement that went on for two or three episodes would have been much clearer, all the distances and the left/right/front/behind stipulations. It doesn't have to be as detailed as we saw in the beginning of this all (remember the first episodes with the screen?), just something where they'd be able to draw and sketch something quickly to better make sense for everyone what's going on. For both the players and the audience.