Tabletop Escapades - Official Discussion Thread [Spoilers]

• @TokyoSlim said in Tabletop Escapades - Official Discussion Thread [Spoilers]:

@SabotageTheTruth There's only one mechanic, and that's persuasion. Everything else is just filler until you find creatures to bolster your party with.

Gotta catch 'em all.

• Global Moderator

Latest episode (68) is up and there's something that's bothering me about it. I know very little on the rules of DnD so I'm hoping someone will just correct me on this one but the way the barrel was used seems totally off to me.

So my understanding from the episode is that they were allowed throw the barrel and from there it went on initiative on who could go next. I just find that to be wrong. If the plan was to throw the barrel and ignite it, surely they should be allowed to do that before anyone else takes a turn.

It'd make sense to me if the warlocks could maybe get some kind of saving throw first (not like that mattered at all since it wasn't a good throw either) but the way it did go in the episode just seems wrong to me.

What did others think?

Oh ya, Huber again was wonderful with his consistency on recruiting at all costs and Kyle's character should be a lot of fun.

• @tokeeffe9 I think had the party been a little more specific with the plan, that would have worked, but the plan they came up with was a bit of a mess. If Ian had wanted to zap the barrel in mid-air, then that could have changed things but I understood where Ben was coming from - a loud barrel full of dynamite hitting the ground and busting open would definitely alert enemies who were probably already on alert and being cautious. Even if he would have allowed those two actions combined together, it wouldn't have really damaged the enemies due to the poor throw. This whole dynamite "arc" has been a little confusing to follow since the party is running out of time, yet still seems more concerned with blowing stuff up.

Fame being southern is strange... but I'll roll with it.

• Global Moderator

I imagine the lack of posts on episode 69 says it all really. Very much a combat heavy episode so bar the odd laugh over something, it was just a necessary episode to move along.

• Ep 69 was still fun, getting to see Fame stretch her wings was entertaining. I think battles can be very engaging, but it has been tough just because this particular battle has so many moving parts to keep track of. Hopefully they can wrap this fight up in the next episode!

• The use of a whiteboard finally was greatly appreciated!

• lol whiteboard

• Global Moderator

I haven't listened to the whole episode yet but my god. The part from 22:50 onwards has me cracking up.

• I really think that they should use a whiteboard in the next campaign. It would clarify a lot especially in battles. For instance this dynamite placement that went on for two or three episodes would have been much clearer, all the distances and the left/right/front/behind stipulations. It doesn't have to be as detailed as we saw in the beginning of this all (remember the first episodes with the screen?), just something where they'd be able to draw and sketch something quickly to better make sense for everyone what's going on. For both the players and the audience.

• I need to memorize a shitton of taxonomy for grad school right now, and I keep calling this one fish (Pseudocheilinus evanidus) "Evadora" by accident. Thanks Kyle.

• Hmm. I'm not sure how I feel about the ending of the latest episode.

Part of me wonders why that false outcome wasn't just edited out if none of it really mattered. Also throw in the mix that the problem was having too many checks but the fix was keeping those checks as failures, just reducing the amount of damage done from the fall. May as well have just had Therese be successful in climbing down and left it at that.

• @SabotageTheTruth

I think Ian deserved that after all that bad rolls, plus it keeps the story interesting.

• #77: We have an unexpected casualty. Signs had pointed to that a long time already, but it still caught me off guard. What a way to go.

• It always drives me nuts how quickly they forget all the side characters that are supposed to be with them, but especially this time for obvious reasons.

• @Minamik i agree,my main criticisms of the series is that they forget alot of stuff,i like the series and the allies obviously but they can do a better job of remembering stuff.

• @A7X458
    The players really should take notes.

• #78. I'm kind of confused. What exactly is this effigy? Or what's an effigy in general? I thought that it's like a small statue, but then what was that living person, the white dragonborn or something? Then they're carrying the effigy and holding a knife on it's (hers?) neck, so it must be living, right? Or were they two different things the whole time? Are they carrying a person?

• @Sentinel-Beach
    I think the effigy is a living dragonborn. That's how I've understood it at least.

• The entire party is like probably within 100 feet of the endgame. It will likely take another 2 episodes to get there though. Lol

• I just hope Brad and Ian characters don't die because of this.

Off topic: how much does it cost to buy a D&D table with a TV screen in the middle?

I'm watching Funhaus D&D campaign and the table help alot with characters/enemies position and i think the allies should look up options.

Looks like your connection to Easy Allies Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.