Tabletop Escapades - Official Discussion Thread [Spoilers]

• I feel that in the long run it would become really difficult to start building an entire other side story around Law alone if he were to still survive this all (which I don't believe he will). Huber would just have to talk to Ben's different characters, and the other three would always sit quiet that whole time.

Ääh, why did they split up? Or why did Law keep his mind like this, to be specific? No more dialogue with the others, no group dynamics, no back-and-forth banter etc. A quick get-together somehow in the next few episodes could still save the situation, but otherwise I say let the group meet a new Huber character in the next port they anchor.

• @Sentinel-Beach Because Huber's character isn't a coward, while the rest of them value their lives more.

It may seem like Huber decided to split off, but the character lore actually guides the players to do what they should be doing in roleplaying games.

• @Whoaness Yeah, I understand this made sense characterwise. I'm just not comfortable with the possible result this could lead to. But we'll be much more wiser after a week from now regarding the upcoming events.

• @Alex840 if he survives, obviously he's going to be taken prisoner and teleport to where the others are so they can save him.
    in a book sense, he wrote himself into a corner

• The last episode I watched was episode 4, but since then I've been too busy to watch. But every time a new episode comes out, I want to watch it (but can't since I need to watch the previous episodes). So I decided to binge watch the episodes starting from ep. 4. So far I've only got down 1 episode, but hopefully I can do an episode a night from here on out.

• @trugs26

At some point someone hopefully writes up a synopsis of the most important stuff that has happened so it is easier for new people to jump in and people that have become lost to reorientate themselves again. We just passed the first arc as well so a perfect point to get caught up through a hypothetical summary.

• A new episode is out! And it was good.

I love it that things went the way they went, mainly because the four are now together again. That was my main concern last week, that the roads would split for a long while. So this is good.

And Law... "He just wanted to talk to the baron." What and end. o7

And Pomper nearly bit the dust already, too. An unexpected first-meeting behaviour from a lot of bunch, lol. Do we now have a new "Kuo" in the main group in the form of a Dragonborn?

I really liked it when Ian sort of caught Kyle off guard at the end with "Zhi Zhi", Kyle seemed to enjoy the surprise himself as well. :)

• @Sentinel-Beach Use the spoiler tag. It's the thing with the eye crossed out.

Anyway...

Why did Yogalla try to kill Huber's new character LOL! I mean, I can understand the roleplaying, but Bosman needed to establish motivation beyond just doing what the Captain says. I wish it was mentioned that Yogalla thought that Pomper ate Zhizhi.

Pomper distrust of Yogalla +10

• Unedited footage of Law

spoilers http://i.imgur.com/HFNQHou.gif

• SpoilerThe distance Law would have fallen would have depended on the angle of the catapult and his initial speed. Interested in what happened to the city in the end, the cat monster that was unleashed into the night, Kuo the fishman, freaking Moof and the city in general post invasion. I imagine they could have burnt it down and killed everyone in it, or they may occupy it and use it for a base of operations in which case I can see the party returning one day to liberate it.

• RIP Law, but I'm already liking Pomper from what little we've gotten of him so far. Also, I think it'd be awesome if it eventually turns out that the real Zhizhi was alive all along and eventually shows up.

• People, please use spoiler tags. It's in the forum guideline.

• Things keep getting more and more insane, I love it. :D

He just wanted to talk to the Baron. :(

• I feel like TTE would benefit more from a thread created for each individual episode and keep this thread for the overall lore. Spoiler tags end up limiting discussion IMO

• @Lexad I was thinking of doing that for every show instead of sticky because anyone can create the thread and put in the correct episode youtube link instead of updating one thing. Imagine if an Ally wants to look at comments about the episode, it's so much harder to look for it in one megathread.

Then just tag it to organize.

• I laughed so hard this episode, that I actually got a minor headache.

I'm curious how Huber will handle this new character. Lawful Good when the rest of them are Chaotic Neutral at best, and Neutral Evil at worst. Still, why is he Lawful Good? If he grew up in a cave in the wild, wouldn't he be subject to the laws of nature more than anything else, and thus be True Neutral?

I hope since he doesn't know anything about the world he's more lenient with allowing injustices and the antics of the other members. I feel like Law just went dead straight against the opinions and decisions of the others, and didn't ever really yield to their desires. Which fits his character, but made for an awful group dynamic. Everyone else had to alter their plans to fit what Law was doing, more than anything else.

I mean, an elven thief who only cares about being rich and famous, a psycho warlock, and a greedy cowardly wizard went to a trial to try to speak in his defense, even after being offered a substantial reward to speak against him. That didn't fit their characters at all. Trying to save Law from killing himself they had to break their own characters. That's not cool.

What could be fun is if he starts out all innocent and "We have to save the world, guys!" but the others "teach" him about the world and slowly corrupt him into some sort of maniac religious zealot. SMITE ALL WHO DARE SPEAK AGAINST ALMIGHTY BAHAMUT!

• There's no need for spoiler tags anymore, it's been over 24 hours already etc.

• @Paper-Lion All of those questions are working from the false assumption that Huber puts any thought into his characters.

• @TOPHATANT123 said in Tabletop Escapades - Official Discussion Thread:

SpoilerThe distance Law would have fallen would have depended on the angle of the catapult and his initial speed. Interested in what happened to the city in the end, the cat monster that was unleashed into the night, Kuo the fishman, freaking Moof and the city in general post invasion. I imagine they could have burnt it down and killed everyone in it, or they may occupy it and use it for a base of operations in which case I can see the party returning one day to liberate it.

He had a ballistic trajectory so he likely would have impacted the ground at greater than terminal velocity in any case, which would incur more than 20D6 in damage by necessity.

• I wonder what the story would have been if Huber rolled nat 20 for that moment.