Tabletop Escapades - Official Discussion Thread [Spoilers]

• Global Moderator

I really enjoyed the latest episode too. I kinda struggled with the end of last season with all the long battles but I didn't feel that in this particular episode to be honest.

Been a good start to the season so far.

• Villiand is so good.

• I mean, combat usually slows down D&D but it is important - otherwise we're just watching a long form version of Fiasconauts. When you've got (nearly) a full party of level 15 characters, you want some combat so they can show off all the skills they have. I actually thought the flow worked really well here because even though they were "in" combat for a long while, we had a lot of good moments - the deadly combo created, flying dwarves, and silver axes of death.

• I'm liking the addition of a "third party" in the current battle. It doesn't add as much time since Ben is more efficient at running their turns than the players, and it adds a nice layer of chaos and speculation about what their goals are.

I hope that also plays into how Ben was talking about making the story smaller-scale this time around. If a smaller story gives him more room to make things a little more complicated, then I'll be pumped.

• #6. Birdcough's the MVP. And I love how Kyle cracks up to pretty much all the things our bard says, gets me laughing as well even harder. :)

The human is pretty interesting now, what's the deal with him and what's his group gonna be like. And there's that pink-skinned guy. Different parties, like stated in the above post. And Patrick, too!

• #9. Interesting developments. :) Not sure how Ben feels about his characters ending up under these spells so soon, so to speak, but it's not the first time.

• Necrotic damage is my favorite.

• My favourite thing from this season is the moral conflict between Ian and Kyle characters, and it's nice to see that Ben and Ian still argue over the rules.

• Ian is basically Obito Uchiha from Naruto.

• I still don't get what kind of tail pomper has. I imagined it like a fat salamander tail, but it can grip things, and he wants to use it as a leg so it has to be somewhat sturdy, right?

• I don't care why they think his skin tail is weird, a human tail would be like a monkey's like a Sayain. Super Pomper when?

• Listened to this episode at the gym. Almost died while I was benching. Blackpot is A+.

• Global Moderator

Meant to post that the last two episodes side plot has been incredible. Just the interactions, story and performances all round were amazing. I'm sure there are probably some DnD purests who hated how they were allowed do things so easily like regrow limbs (I've no idea on this stuff) but it was so funny and just so good.

• @tokeeffe9 Well, a character at Huber's level could easily learn a spell to regrow limbs, so it happening easily at Blackpot really isn't too big of a deal. Glad he's back to form!

• @sabotagethetruth @tokeeffe9 Definitely was a great side quest. It makes me curious if Ben was cooking up any kind of plan for getting Pomper's limbs back. I don't know much D&D so I don't know if something like that is typically on the player to figure out or the DM to guide them to.

Also offscreen players getting to be NPCs is just wonderful. When Ian burst in as Bubblemeyer I was so happy.

• General question: how does one go about submitting fan art/fan works?

• Global Moderator

@starius65 I'm not sure to be honest but it's probably worth either tweeting the main EZA account or Ben with the art.

• At episode 19 i call BS on Ian staff being nurfed.

• My favorite thing from this season is the moral conflict between Ian and Kyle characters, and it's nice to see that Ben and Ian still argue over the rules.
    Hey, I have a high definition movie on my computer and I want to burn it to DVD for playback on TV. Is there any video to DVD converter recommended? But then, would the movie suffer much quality loss? I hope to download one converter reducing the quality loss to a minimum.

• I'm just waiting for Kyle to turn into Gollum from Lord of the rings.