EZA Sleuths: Resident EVII: Biohazard Mystery (Update: demo part 2) it begins!

• I mentioned in that other RE7 thread that this demo should truly be hard to solve.

Kojima said for P.T., he expected people weren't going to be able to solve it for at least a week. Most believe it was luck or a bug that allowed the first person, Soapy Warpig, a lady in the UK, to beat it in 2 hours, 6 hours after P.T. released.

This one will probably take a lot more effort.

• Hopefully not to much effort. I think ppl have already started to lose interest. So either capcom will have to say something, or this may have to become an episode for Game Sleuth one day lol.

• Very strange, games like these. I went through the whole thing and thought yea it was quite good. Watched someone else's playthrough and he died. I didn't even know you could die.

• @CGamor7 Yeah, I've got both an Xbox and PC, have been impatiently waiting for the demo to hit one of them so I can test out and see what I can find. Seems that there's still a lot more to find!

• This should be an episode of Game Sleuths. This seems right up Damiani's alley.

• @TheChrisGriffin
    Could have sworn they said the demo was PS exclusive

• @DMCMaster I've seen something Saying it is coming to Xbox and PC later. But maybe don't quote me on that for the moment. I'll try to see if I can find it. However the VR experience is only on playstation.

• @CGamor7 I don't remember seeing anything saying it was hitting Xbox One/PC, I've been checking. I could be wrong too, but I am hoping!

Either way I've been invested in the mystery of the whole thing.

• I'm starting to think there is nothing more to the demo. I think there was a slight miss direction on campcoms part. When i initially read through much of the neoGaf topic thread for this there were lots of interviews stating that this demo wont be in the game and the footage in the trailer was taken straight from the demo. However after reading this interview I'm starting to think what they mean is that the scenario of the demo wont be in the game. The footage seen in the E3 trailer and the house in the demo could be. If thats the case Capcom is probably riding on the mystery to promote their game.

As for the dummy finger, ive read on neogaf that Capcom had done the same thing back in the resident evil 3 beta where there was a dummy key that did nothing and was placed there to make people talk about the game.

At this point in time, im going to assume what i stated above is correct until proven wrong lol. We will for sure see what the final game looks like soon and we will probably have a better idea then.

• @CGamor7 said in EZA Sleuths: Resident EVII: Biohazard Mystery:

As for the dummy finger, ive read on neogaf that Capcom had done the same thing back in the resident evil 3 beta where there was a dummy key that did nothing and was placed there to make people talk about the game.

I read this somewhere, so I have no real evidence, but I believe the dummy finger simply leads to a green herb in the end. :confused:

• @aer0blue That would be better than nothing at this point lol.

• I think we've all been trolled by Capcom. :p

• I think the dummy finger is used for when you find the hidden passage that reveals a Boong-Ga Boong-Ga arcade machine. Google it!

• @BogusMeatFactory It cannot be unseen :fearful:

• Update: Possible demo 2 coming?

If you read the NeoGaf post people are speculating based on the calendar a release date for part 2 of the demo.

http://kotaku.com/capcom-has-finally-officially-acknowledged-the-uselessn-1782948819

alt text

• So they basically wasted a lot of peoples time. Don't get me wrong, I love the idea behind the demo and the general vibe, but this feels a bit scummy on Capcom's side. Hope they don't drag this out too long.

• @Michster said in EZA Sleuths: Resident EVII: Biohazard Mystery:

So they basically wasted a lot of peoples time. Don't get me wrong, I love the idea behind the demo and the general vibe, but this feels a bit scummy on Capcom's side. Hope they don't drag this out too long.

I think was a really well made demo that got a lot of people involved. I don't even have a ps4 and I was into it...but I agree. Now they're talking about a part 2 of a demo. Kind of terrible.

• @Michster @TheChrisGriffin

I see it from both angles. At the end of the day people chose to waste their own time (I got into it for a few days then just kinda watched from the sidelines), however i don't think Capcom was being fare about it. What bothers me isn't even the finger, its the fact you have them say the demo is not part of the final game and then you show footage in the E3 reveal and trailer that clearly looks like it should be in the demo but is nowhere to be found. An item in a demo that doesnt do anything? well... its a demo oh well. but the footage bothers me lol.

At this point I'm so confused on what the game is because on one hand, its been said the demo doesn't represent the game except for mood and setting but then you have them saying there's footage from the reveal that's in the final game. It all looks the same to me. I hope we get a reveal soon of the final representation of the game.

But at least they got people talking about their game. I think they let a healthy amount of time pass before revealing the teaser clue to pretty much tell you there's nothing you can do. There's also the fact that the demo is titled demo 1 on the store.

It hard to release a game now that can actually hold secrets. GTA 5 has been doing it but they even hide it in code and release patches to unlock things. If they didn't everything in the game would be revealed. I think it kind of sucks the day and age we live in ruins these kind of secrets, I dont want to dedicate that kind of time (scanning lines of code) to find secrets. Whatever happen to the good old days... lol

• It's time to dive back into the world of resident evil. Can use this thread to talk about part 2 of the demo and help eachother out.

http://kotaku.com/the-resident-evil-7-demo-is-finally-getting-an-update-1786654461

• @CGamor7 Oh I am pumped!