What is your job/occupation?

• @flower_arrangement Funny yes, but doesn't quite apply. Strictly warehouse here. We ship the stuff to the stores. Thank God I don't have to deal with the average consumer, otherwise I don't think I'd have as much L&R in me haha.

• I wear a couple different hats.

I'm currently a communications manager at a not-for-profit. I create magazines, shoot photos, set up media appearances and design websites. Our office has a full bar, so it's not uncommon to knock back a Jack and Coke on Friday afternoons. It's fun, laid back and rewarding.

I also serve as editor-in-chief for a lucha libre magazine, called Rudo Can't Fail. So I write stories, shoot photos at events and lay out each issue monthly. It's totally in English and easy to flip through.

Aside from that, I also write for a few websites, make sardonic comments on Twitter and host a wrestling podcast with my wife.

• @Pat Just an FYI, Journalism is dying in gaming right now. I was just like you, I wanted to work for EGM when it was hot. But the turn of the century came, and everything moved to the internet. Been writing for websites for as long as 10 years now. I decided to launch my own business doing Journalism in gaming, but that turned out to be hard, and still is hard. Very hard. With GamerGate, and "crappy" journalism, its an uphill battle until someone revolutionizes game journalism. Sorry, but true.

Just keep that in mind when you're in school doing this.

I've now pivoted my company to be a network of niche websites to grab users in the hot areas. Future plans include esports, tournaments, and streaming. All hot sectors right now.

As a side job, I work in retail, the checks go towards operational costs of my company while I continue working on getting investors onboard.

• Global Moderator

I work for my familys cleaning service we clean houses, offices, schools. Also they run a restaurant inside a gas station selling mexican food. I help with busy work there wash some dishes, sweep, mop and take out trash.

• @Mechanoid It's so much fun! Most likely going to stay on for two more years before moving on. Awesome to hear from a former JET on here though! :slight_smile:

• @Carlos Thanks for the reply but don't worry Carlos, I'm looking for gaming and normal Journalism, both take my fancy me greatly, any type of writing actually. I know it will be hard, but gotta chase those dreams, and something else might pop up on the way.

• @butterxcup It's one of the best things I've ever done! I hope you have a great time! L&R :heart:

• Tech service sales, but not cold calling. It's nice. I enjoy it. People call us for help and we help.

• I'm a part-time music marketer. I graduated last year and have just got this job so it's still new, but it's fun and I've been able to meet some cool people.

One of my first internships I got when I graduated was helping organize some spreadsheets for an entertainment company. I wrote a sketch for a fairly popular podcast years ago as I knew the hosts and after showing that to my boss it turned in to me writing a few sketches for them that they hired George Lopez to star in. Which has led to me being a freelance writer.

Less glamorous, but still important, I work part-time in a retail store. I'm a bit of a workaholic.

• working to get my teaching credential for middle/ high school

• I work as an optometrist

• Voice actor by day, game designer by night. Not that great at either.

• Financial Analyst in Procurement for a Fortune 50 Company

• I'm a scriptwriter. I write for movies, television and web. So far only for a danish audience. I would also like to write for games.

• Human Resources recruiter in an insurance company

• Music teacher & musician!

• Assistant manager at a Bakery/Deli, before I used to work at one of the hotels in tourist town setting up for conventions or conferences, one time a mini Victorias Secret show. But I ran around doing sound, lighting, setting up projectors, ect. Pay was great, especially for it being my first real job, but man where the hours inconsistent (Like work 60 hours 1 week, then be off for 3-4 weeks)
    And before that (And between the downtime of the hotel job) I worked at a local pizza, while being off the books.

• I work as a projectionist at a movie theater. Basically, a more sane version of Tyler Durden. It's great though, gives me time to hang out on these forums.

• I'm a Game Guru at a board games cafe. Basically I teach people how to play board games all day.

• In the day time I'm a furniture salesman. And in my spare time I'm a cartoonist. I have a Youtube channel and make weekly shorts. This is the one that people seem to enjoy the most.

Youtube Video