Favorite game developer

• I don't think this question has been asked here yet, so:
    What's your favorite developer and why. It's probably the one that made several games or even franchises that you hold very dear to your heart.

Mine is probably Ubisoft Montreal, for making franchises like Prince of Persia and Watchdogs. I respect Assassins creed, especially first one which I consider to be a masterpiece. I also admire how they improved Rainbow Six Siege which turned into a great FPS game. I also have a great expectation for For Honor.

• Naughty Dog, without a doubt. For four console generations already.

• Naughty Dog is definitely up there! Also while not my favorite developer I do love me some Insomniac Games.

• Global Moderator

if you would if asked me a few years ago I would of said Blizzard without hessitation. However, now im not as sure to whom are my favourite. I have a small feeling that Kojimas new will be a favourite one.

But I really like squareenix as Im a sucker for the FF games

• Used to be valve. but they dont make games anymore

as of Now id Software. they have been king of FPS genre since 90s. and still made masterpiece like Doom.

• Platnium
    Yakuza Team (Not sure what they are called internally, but im referring to the team behind Yakuza and Binary Domain)
    Naughty Dog
    Kojima Productions
    ID Software
    Nintendo EAD
    Ubisoft Montpellier (Beyond Good & Evil, Rayman)

• Atlus, specially the Persona Team

• Naming only one would be absolutely haram, so:

Well there is of course Platinum Games for creating the wonderful Bayonetta games, MGR, TW101 and hopefully Nier Automata will be great as well, I also really enjoyed Transformers Devastation.

Then there is Compile Heart, creators of my beloved Neptunia series and other neat JRPGs I spent a lot of time with, like Omega Quintet and other japanese niche games, just wish more of their stuff would make it west or at least english asia.

Tamsoft is another one of my favorites for creating the Onechanbara series and of course Senran Kagura by Righteous Boobage Producer Kenichiro Takaki. Their cooperations with Compile Heart are also pretty neat.

Last but not least Nihon Falcom which really hit the spot for me with The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel, and I'm glad a third one is in the works. Of course I also like the Ys series and I'm looking forward to Ys VIII as well. Also once I'm done with ToCS2 I will get into the Trails in the Sky series.

Very sad I can't list Konami nor Capcom or even Rare, they used to be favorites of mine but nowadays they are absolute garbage.

• Hard to say.

I've seen long running big name studios make horrible games and I've seen brand new studios that've made only a handful of titles and be better than the veterans.

CD Projekt Red have made the best game this gen as far as I'm concerned and it's literally their 3rd game ever. Then you have Rocksteady who came out of fucking nowhere and blew us all away with everything Batman. From Software also came out of nowhere and changed everything with the Souls series.

Do I have a favorite dev? No, I'm just looking forward to the next big surprise.

• I have love/hate relationship with Squeenix, They do Make and Publish great games, but make some B-shit decisions to said great games. I love Deus Ex, but the newest game is... frustrating, and the future of the series doesn't look as promising anymore. Also, where is new Chrono Trigger game? (I am Setsuna doesn't count). Final Fantasy series is a rollercoaster, that reached another peak with XV. Interested to see, where the series goes now. Also, where is Tactics?
    Also, I do genuinely love Platinum. In my opinion, they can't do wrong.
    Also, Huge L&R for Thomas Biskup, The Creator of ADOM.
    I also do love Bethesda games, but they can be really frustrating.
    Game Freak... You and Pokemon Company make me smile with one of the best RPG series. I do love me some pokemon every once in a while, because it's so jolly and fun (most of the time anyways) that they're sort of a feel good games for me.
    Lastly, but not least, Nintendo. I love their games. They are some of the best ever made. Yet they keep making questionable decisions with their mainline consoles. Hopefully, this switches with the Switch.

• for years it was square enix but they kept fucking up so now its from software

• Nintendo: Hit or miss but when they're good they're really good.
    Atlus: Always consistent. Always high quality. Just rad all around.
    Clover (RIP): Made some of the most beautiful games I've ever played.
    Gears for Breakfast: Their first game hasn't even come out yet and I still trust them more than most developers.
    Double Fine: Pretty consistent, you can tell that they really care about the games they Make.

• Hard to pick an absolute favorite, but there are definitely developers I respect more than others.

• CD Projekt Red - All the Witcher games are excellent. Their business is solid, they respect the customer and listen to feedback, they handle DLC in a very tasteful manner and improve on their games years down the line. Also just really nice people.

• Blizzard Entertainment - I mean, just look at their resumé. They have created some of the biggest, most loved franchises out there and continue to support and update and add to said franchises even after all the bugs are (seemingly) squashed. I am consistently impressed with what Blizzard does, even if I don't always actually play their games.

• From Software - I adore the Souls games. I adore Bloodborne. I don't know much about their business practices, but they sure know how to make games that I get invested in xD

• Double Fine. I just like their quirky, unique style, even if not all their games are perfect. Some chinks in the armor after rushing from project to project and not taking the time to polish their games or add enough support. Still, can't help but like that company ^^

I hear a lot of good things about Naughty Dog and Atlus here, I guess I should try any of their games out then?

• @Elyra said in Favorite game developer:

I hear a lot of good things about Naughty Dog and Atlus here, I guess I should try any of their games out then?

In regards to Naughty Dog, just know what you're getting yourself into. If you've heard some of the complaints about their games and that doesn't bother you then absolutely. I personally don't agree with the complaints but everyone has different tastes.
    With Atlus, I am right there with you. I have never played an Atlus game but will be picking up Persona 5 to see what all the hubbub is about.

• I'm horrible at keeping track of developers, but here's a few that come to mind..

CD Projekt Red
    Naughty Dog
    Does Nintendo count?
    Bethesda (love/hate relationship)
    From Software
    Valve
    Bioware

@Elyra said in Favorite game developer:

Yes! All of their games are great in my opinion.. plus Crash, Jak and Uncharted can all be purchased in collections now.

• @Tragosaurus said in Favorite game developer:

In regards to Naughty Dog, just know what you're getting yourself into. If you've heard some of the complaints about their games and that doesn't bother you then absolutely. I personally don't agree with the complaints but everyone has different tastes.
    With Atlus, I am right there with you. I have never played an Atlus game but will be picking up Persona 5 to see what all the hubbub is about.

What are some of the common complaints about Naughty Dog games? I know Ian is usually very hard on The Last of Us, but I can't remember him giving a reason.

• This post is deleted!

• @Elyra These are just two comments I found regarding Naughty Dog games in the Highly Regarded Games You Just Couldn't Get Into post.

"Uncharted 2: It was far more of a back-seat driver experience. The player is more of an afterthought than the focus. I'm not a fan of that type of experience."

"Last Of Us: interesting story, everything else horrible. Cutscene, boring game play, cutscene, boring gameplay... repeat."

I don't recall what Ian has said specifically about The Last of Us and the Uncharted series but I know I've heard people say stuff like its a playable movie that mechanically isn't great. I've heard people dislike the cover based shooting but that's just personal preference. This post may seem like its ragging on the games a lot but they are some of my personal favorites. The Last of Us is a game I will probably go back and replay religiously every couple years. I just want to make sure newcomers are aware of both sides before jumping into a game just because everyone likes it. I don't know what you like so you might fall into the category of not loving the gameplay and the story not being enough to get you through. Gotta keep expectations in check.

• @Tragosaurus

Thank you. I do think their games seem interesting, and I've heard really great things about The Last of Us, so why not give it a shot? I am definitely a person that can forgive clunky gameplay if I am invested enough in the story.

• Bioware.
    Even in their lowest with DA2, I love their games.

Looks like your connection to Easy Allies Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.