What Are You Listening To?

• @SabotageTheTruth I still don't have spotify.. a bunch of people have recommended it though so I'll definitely try it out soon. Thanks for the playlist tip!

• 2017 is upon us! Here's a decent list of what to look forward to for this year (found here.)

For me personally? Grizzly Bear, Gorillaz, LCD Soundsystem, Arcade Fire, and St. Vincent are probably going to rock my world at various points in the year.

• Been listening to the new Childish Gambino album a lot lately as well as the Westworld soundtrack. Would highly recommend both

• @Ruaidhri18 Gambino's new album is such a left turn. It is wonderful and expressive in all the right places.

• 2017.. could this be the year that we get a new Tool album?

• I know it's not the sort of thing people like on here, but I'm really like the feel good vibe of Ed Sheeran's new track

Youtube Video

• Ohhh shit.. King Crimson is touring the US this year. I doubt they'll play near me though :[

• Been going through a pretty long bout of insomnia, havent really been able to sleep more than a few hours at a time since the middle of December, so I've been listening to a lot of vaporwave mixes at night. I find them to generally be pretty relaxing and chill. Stuff like this:

Youtube Video

• @TokyoSlim Love me some vaporwave

• Been listening to this album lately, gloomy but great. Found them on a random Spotify playlist.

Cemeteries - The Wilderness (2012)

PS: Does anyone know how to properly embed Youtube links? I forgot how and the methods I tried aren't working.

• I have been listening to Blue Stahli and Beartooth a lot lately. Both bands can be found on Spotify.

• @Gloop Just copy and paste the link, that's all you have to do. Just make sure a timestamp isn't included in the link, this place doesn't seem to like them. "&t=1m15s" for example would be at the end, just delete that part and it'll show.

• Welp, we've got some artists with new singles. Let's dig in.

Youtube Video

Every time I heat something up, I think this song will come to mind. Spoon is such a diverse band and seemingly push themselves into unexplored waters with each album (aside from the last release) and if this single is any indication of the quality of the album as a whole, this may turn into one of my favorites for the year.

Youtube Video

THE GORILLAZ ARE BACK! THE GORIL... wait, what is this? Hype deflation my friends. While this track isn't necessarily bad, it's not necessarily... much of anything. It feels like a filler track on an album that gets skipped yet this is their first showing of their album. Such a strange choice, I hope this vibe doesn't carry over to the rest of the record. I Hate Everything (a great content creator) has one of the top comments on the video currently - "Weird thing to lead with, makes me think of those art video installations you see in various exhibitions which you watch through once and never really think about again. Not bad necessarily, just not Gorillaz to me particularly. Relax though everyone, I'm sure when the album finally releases it'll be worth the wait."

Youtube Video

Chaz (from Toro y Moi) collaborating with the Mattson 2 creating some chill sounds. The video for this premiered today, yet I can't find it through YouTube and can't be bothered to search properly for it. Still, this sound is more reminiscent of his second album, Underneath the Pine, which happens to be my personal favorite so... I'm hoping this develops into an album if it hasn't already.

• I've been listening to the album Teens of Denial by the band Car Seat Headrest. It's an Lternative rock album that released last year but sounds like it came out around 2004. It's got a solid mix of soft and loud tracks with the two biggest standouts being drunk drivers/killer whales (soft) and destroyed by hippy powers (loud.)

I would highly recommend this album to fans of Franz Ferdinand, the shins, the killers, super grass, the white stripes exc. This band doesn't really sound like any of those bands but if you like those you will probably like this.

Happy listening!

• @lifetimeofnot one of the greats, same here

All King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard stuff - particularly Paper Mache Dream Balloon, which for some reason I will forever associate with Dark Souls 3 (Trapdoor is such a dark souls song and that video too)
    Ty Segall - Emotional Mugger and all others (the new self titled album is great)
    Wand - Ganglion Reef
    Foxygen ...and Star Power
    Kanye
    Chance the Rapper
    other stuff but can't think of any more

• This post is deleted!

• Youtube Video

Figured I would share a remarkable cover for a game known for its soundtrack. Juicy!

• I like to pick up a new album every weekend for my collection, the most recent being this gorgeous monstrosity:

Youtube Video

Don't know about the overall status of Ally metal fandom, but I'm perfectly happy to carry the flag solo if needs be...

• Welp.

In old news, I've loved this song from the very moment I've heard it but it seemingly keeps popping up randomly for me the past week. If I was forced to do a top 10 song list, I think it would rank - but even the thought of constructing such a list gives me anxiety.

Miike Snow - Silvia

Also! Animal Collective dropped their new EP today. Back in my days of lesser sobriety, this band was an absolute must listen, but as I've aged along with them, I've found their previous two releases to lack any sort of cohesion, instead going for abrasive dissonance. This EP however is a return to their more fluid form, certainly worth a listen.

Animal Collective - Jimmy Mack