What Are You Listening To?

• For some reason it took me this long to really listen to The Chariot's last album. Its really good

Youtube Video

One of my biggest music regrets is not seeing them live

• I've been listening to a lot of Ailee recently. She's often been called the "Beyonce of Korea" which I don't always think is a completely apt comparison and one that probably does more harm to Ailee than good, at least with western listeners. Her voice is phenomenal there's no questioning that, she just hasn't had as long of a time to hone it as Beyonce has so I think calling her the "Beyonce of Korea" puts unfair expectations on her. If you listen to her with the frame of mind that she's just an amazing vocalist you'll really enjoy her music a lot.

One of my favorite performances from her, and she did it with a broken foot.
    Youtube Video

She was just a featured performer, but she really stole the show in my eyes.
    Youtube Video

I just love watching her perform live.
    Youtube Video

Her most recent song and a current favorite of mine. It doesn't really show off her power but really displays her technique.
    Youtube Video

• Currently in Ireland/UK we're in the middle of Storm Brian! So in light of that I figured I'd share the aptly names Brianstorm by the Arctic Monkeys.

Youtube Video

The drums in this song are spectacular with the lead guitar riff I cant help but bob my head along. They're probably my favorite band of all time, the way Alex turner uses his words to describe things is amazing, brianstorm is from their second album which is amazing but pales in comparison to humbug their third album. This haunting spooky echoy album will put you in a mind space like you've no idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLsBJPlGIDU
    Youtube Video

• @Inflorescence

Steven Wilson has become a large part of the Prog Rock community in general. I'd say this particular track is just another homage to the tons of different soundscapes one can experience when venturing into the prog realm.

• Kirin J Callinan - Bravado

The entire album of Bravado is good but this song is nuts. Might be my favorite this entire year. I'm sad it took me this long to get to this album. In the future I won't sleep on Kirin so much.

• So I found out what my new favorite genre of music is, Future Funk! I've been listening to it a lot recently and made a post in this thread about it earlier but I didn't know what the genre was actually called. I'm off to youtube with a list of essential future funk albums from the future funk reddit to go and blow some money on a lot of music.

• I just discovered a great album from a band I never head about before. "Blood Command" a Norwegian punk/rock-band I think you can call it? I think it sounds a bit like the Swedish band "The Sounds" but with more of a punk-vibe.

Youtube Video

Other than that I been actively been listening to Swedish bands (Vi som älskade varandra så mycket, Domaringen), most songs are about depressing stuff.

Youtube Video

Youtube Video

• Youtube Video

A little of this...

Youtube Video

And a little of that.

• One of my favorite bands, Red, is releasing an album in a few days. The wait is torture.

• @Caleb_Aranda They're playing a show here next week, I'm planning to get a ticket and go after work that day.

• @LycanXIII Are you serious?! Wow, I didn't think anyone else listened to them. I can't believe you've even heard of them let alone are going to their concert. You just made my day.

• Have some Future Funk Everyone. I just spent way too much money buying all the Future Funk on iTunes and feel the need to share.

Youtube Video

Youtube Video

Youtube Video

• The new wutang album "The Saga Continues". A few good tracks. And for some reason Tha Carter 3.

• @Caleb_Aranda Yep, I've seen them 3 or times over the past 10 years. They put on a great show.

• Probably my most listened to album of the last few months is Awake - Tycho. The Genre is apparently called 'Chill Wave' and it does describe this mellow electronic music, but I feel like it gives it a weird stoner-y connotation to it so I just like to call it relaxing. Really easy to listen in an out to while reading or studying (which is all I do nowadays) so its been constantly on.

Another relaxing track that kinda has some ASMR in it would be Beneath the Mask - Persona 5. Except its looped between the instrumental and vocal version for 10 hours with added noise of rain hitting a window to complete the cosey feel. Another study track for sure.

• Saw King Crimson tonight.. my mind has been blown.

Youtube Video

Youtube Video

• the best cover of Led Zeppelin ever
    Youtube Video

• Ok! It's been a great week for music! Here are my favorite releases from the past 10 days or so.

DDD By EXID. EXID is in my top 5 musical groups for a reason, the really never disappoint. Solji is still on medical leave which is a bit disappointing but Hyerin did an amazing job covering main vocals. This song is just amazing, my favorite Kpop song from this year probably. (Epilepsy Warning on the Video)
    Youtube Video

Crazy, Sexy, Cool by Astro. I didn't stan Astro before, never really paid much attention to them, but this song is awesome. I really enjoy the song and the choreo that goes with it.
    Youtube Video

Black Suit by Super Junior. It's a little hard to wrap my head around the fact that the Suju guys are in their 30's and they're still going strong. It's really uncommon for people beyond the age of 27 or so to be idols in Kpop these days. But this song is very Super Junior, I hope it does well on the charts.
    Youtube Video

Likey by Twice. Twice always delivers. The views on their MV are skyrocketing fast, and they're setting records for album sales as per usual. It's refreshing to stan a group that's actually popular for once. You don't have to constantly be wondering when they'll disband. As for the song, it's really catchy and fun. I like to blast it in the car on my way to school.
    Youtube Video

• Youtube Video

Sometimes I get in a melancholic rut and I learned long ago it's better to just embrace those moments.