What Are You Listening To?

• @bam541

I'm a big punk fan. Def more into the hardcore era than I am the pop punk of the 1990s to 2000s but there is some good stuff in there too. A good way to ease in is to start with like OG punk from England like The Clash and move onto the 2 Tone Ska kinda stuff like The Specials then eventually with time you'll end up listening to FEAR, Bad Brains, The Addicts, Gorilla Biscuits, etc.

Basically... play the THPS games growing up until you accidentally become a hip hop, punk, metal head all in one

• @dipset You know what... Playing the old THPS games in order to catch up with those music genres sounds like a great idea (I only played minutes of THPS 2 and 4). Hitting multiple birds with one stone. I need to find a way to play those games soon, it would be so easy if someone made them available in current gen consoles... cough Activision cough

• @bam541

It unfortunately won’t happen cause the contract between Tony Hawk and Activision was a multi-year deal that expired so that means neither can release a game under that branding.

I rebuilt my Tony Hawk collection from 2012-2014. Every game store has them.

My favourite soundtracks are: THUG, THAW, THPS4, THPS3

• Listened to New Order's Power, Corruption and Lies for the first time... and I'm in love with this record, it's so damn good! It keeps bouncing back and forth between upbeat and slow, yet it never loses the catchyness of it all. My clear favorite right now is probably We All Stand. I'm so excited to listen to their other records, but I'm still hooked on replaying this one over and over.

Youtube Video

• This is so pleasant and nostalgic-sounding. Spotify recommendations nailed it on this one.

Youtube Video

• Listened to The Black Keys' Let's Rock. It's not the big thing I wanted it to be, but that's fine. It never really reached the highs of their best work, but it never got boring either. No obvious stand outs and downfalls. It's consistently solid, with good hooks in each song. Feels like a safe effort, for sure.

Youtube Video

• Didn't expect to massively enjoy Mark Ronson's Late Night Feelings, but I did. Stellar production, effective instrumentations, and great singer choices (Angel Olsen hype! She's doesn't even stand out too much here which speaks great things about the other singers' performance). One hell of a pop record.

Youtube Video

• I first heard of Little Simz on Gorillaz' Garage Place song (which I really, really liked), and I've had her latest album, GREY Area, on my to-listen list for a while. I should have listened to this sooner, because oh boy I'm in love with this album. She executed every idea perfectly here, there's not even a single moment when she misses the mark. Nothing overstayed their welcome, it's all shock and awe. Easily my favorite album of this year so far. Been 3 years since I'm thinking about a 10/10 rating for an album, but I need more re-listens which I will gladly do.

Youtube Video

• Finally got around to listening to Humanz.

It's... okay.

• A musical highlight of the Glinny's Cauldron group stream:

• @faaip yeah, it's been a decade since I've been able to say that.

• Listened to The Fall. Had been putting it off since I heard it was just some dumb thing crapped out of an ipad but I liked it a lot. I'd say it's a bit better than The Now Now probably. Favorite songs were Little Pink Plastic Bags, The Parish of Space Dust and Bobby in Phoenix.

• @hanabi My problem with the Fall was that most of the songs felt forgettable. The only ones I liked were Detroit (my home town) amd Phoenix w/ Bobby Womack,