What Are You Listening To?

• First time I heard this song was in 2007 and it gave me chills decades after the economic turmoil of England in the 80s and I was also a dumb little kid. Something well made lasts forever:

Youtube Video

• The new clipping album is dope
    Youtube Video

• Toni Braxton - Another Sad Love Song
    Youtube Video

• Decided it's time to start listening to Kero Kero Bonito. Really enjoying their 2016 album, Bonito Generation so far. The vibes and feel of the whole thing is clicking perfectly with me right now.

Youtube Video

• @bam541 Hell yeah!! Listening to their discography back to back is gonna be quite a journey as they change their style quite often.

• I'm going to Flog Gnaw this weekend so I'm checking up on the people playing who I'm not super familiar with. Easily the best of them is Thundercat:

Youtube Video

I've known about him for a while, but I've never thought of him as more than a collaborative artist. He's contributed to some of my favorite songs, so I don't really know why I didn't check out his solo stuff sooner.

• Combichrist - Gimme Deathrace
    Youtube Video

Despite the hating the reboot's story and gameplay (vanilla version anyway), the soundtrack is kick ass. Though I feel most of the songs wouldn't fit in the original series.

• Found this band through similar songs Life is Strange used, so I've completely fallen to The Japanese House's EPs well before the album.

https://open.spotify.com/album/7qcAgj6CoV0VeRLo6ILiF2?si=wV1g0OgATJ2XsW4mmz-GQQ

• @airinvarius Woah I also recently found out about her. I'm loving every single/EP.

• Somehow, this got stuck in my head. I'm so glad the music video is ridiculous.

Sash! - Ecuador

Youtube Video

• I have been drowning in the thick, moody and dream-like sea of melody that is Angel Olsen's All Mirrors. While the effect wears a little after repeated listens, I still enjoy it quite a bit. The title track (below) is one of my favorite songs of this year.

Youtube Video

• Stumbled upon this gem.
    Youtube Video

• Youtube Video

In a sad 80s song mood right now. Hmmm....I could train to this song.

• Since the year's coming to an end, I think I can safely put out a Top 10 albums list of this year. Lots of great albums this year, and I think this might be my most diverse year yet.

1. The Comet is Coming - Trust in the Lifeforce of the Deep Mystery
    2. Alex Cameron - Miami Memory
    3. Mark Ronson - Late Night Feelings
    4. Thom Yorke - ANIMA
    5. Wilco - Ode to Joy
    6. Little Simz - GREY Area
    7. King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard - Infest the Rats' Nest
    8. PUP - Morbid Stuff
    9. Lana Del Rey - NFR
    10. Better Oblivion Community Center's self titled album.

Shoutout these albums for cutting it really, really close:

• Tyler the Creator - IGOR
    • Black Midi - Schlagenheim
    • Lightning Bolt - Sonic Citadel
    • glass beach - the first glass beach album

This decade is also ending, and I don't have the necessary willpower to even think about a top 10 list of the decade, so I'll just say that my definitive favorite of this decade is Radiohead's A Moon Shaped Pool. Thinking about that album wrecks me so hard, it's so goddamn beautiful.

Anyway, here's to another amazing decade of music!

• @bam541 actually, the decade only ends in December 2020, so you have one more year to get your ideas in order for the top. This happens because the gregorian calendar we use doesn't start in the year 0, but in the year 1, so the decade goes 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10, not 0-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9.

• @irongrey I keep hearing conflicting infos on this one. Regardless, I'm not making that list anytime soon, lol.

• @bam541 I wager that the conflicting infos derive from misinformation due to how we use language. If one refers to "the nineties", it makes sense to think that it goes from 1990-1999. From a cultural and linguistic perspective it is correct to assume it as a decade, but reading from the calendar it's incorrect, as it should go 1991-2000. The millennium also started in 2001, by the way.

• I found out about J-Music Ensemble yesterday with the video below, and I have been listening to their covers all day.
    Youtube Video

Before that (a couple days ago), I found this EP by NOV3L. It's short and catchy as heck the whole way through. Very replayable too, I think I've listened to the whole thing like 8 times already.
    Youtube Video

• Picked up a copy of Less Than Jake's Losing Streak. It's not as good as Hello Rockview, but it's still pretty alright. Best songs are probably Krazy Glue, Just Like Frank and Dopeman.

• I remember one of the trailers for Ace Combat 7 having this music, and was confused when the main game didn't have it. Turns out it's in one of the DLC missions, and it's fucking awesome. Definitely my favorite track in the whole game.

Youtube Video

Also, the DLC hangar music kinda slaps.

Youtube Video