What Are You Listening To?

• https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tI2ASp0f7GU

Kinda obsessed with the WW theme song.
    And yes, not a huge fan of Tina Guo's video... but she's still talented.

• So I got the Bomberman itch yesterday and went for several rounds of Super Bomberman 2 on SNES with some friends. After exhausting all the maps and modes it has to offer, I suggested we move to some jolly cooperation in Super Bomberman 3 because I knew it had a co-op campaign. What I didn't know was how damn good the OST is.

Youtube Video

Probably my favorite "world" theme that incorporates elements of the Bomberman tune throughout.

Youtube Video

I'm going to say Earthbound is the only other SNES game to match the funk presented in this short loop. Nice to see something so groovy in an era that wasn't really known for this type of sound.

• I've recently discovered an album called Pale Machine by bo en, and I love it. This album is very jolly, and I remember someone hilariously describing it as the "Wii Mii Channel theme turned into electric indie pop." I'm not really an electric pop fan, but I still enjoyed this album. It's free to download on this confusing website (click on Format: MP3/320 kbps): http://maltinerecords.cs8.biz/123.html

Youtube Video – [03:58..]

Youtube Video

• Twice - Signal

@michemagius I'm with you 100% on SNSD post-Jessica. I've been super fortunate enough to be able to see them multiple times (three times at Olympic Park in Seoul, several in America, I have stories, I'll stop rambling now before it gets stupid). Every time as a 9-member group. The Jessica situation was devastating. I'm not entirely sure how the blame should be split up, but the way Jessica was approached by the other members and SM's near-immediate threat of legal ramifications for talking makes it really hard to blame her.

I think at worst her time for her business was interfering with her time as a member of SNSD, but even that's not really her fault considering both the group and the label gave her their blessings to start her company. It also wouldn't be the last time that people under SM would get booted or quit, each time with the story being the label's fault.

Also I wasn't a huge fan of 'Mr Mr', so losing Jessica sank my excitement for all things SNSD. Same thing with Sulli leaving f(x). Though I think f(x) was actually worse because Sulli quit due to harassment for not being single, and if I'm being totally honest f(x) was better musically than SNSD.

• @Caprica Amen. And I've always liked F(x) a bit more too. I just hope they don't disband, or if they do we get some solo activities from the members. And Signal is my jam right now. I don't understand the hate it's getting.

• I just can't stop listening to this. It's so good.

Youtube Video

• @jipostus I always have a smile on my face when I listen to this track:)

• With LCD Soundsystem officially announcing they've finished with their new album, I've begun to have hype levels intensify. A lot of people were bummed when they broke up in 2011 since their breed of electronic/indie/dance/genresaresilly music really blazed some trails, especially with James Murphy's ear for sound guiding them along. The thought of having them back has me excited, so I might as well share my favorite from them.

Youtube Video

• right now i'm listening so some classical music while being kept on hold for 20+ minutes

• This last Friday saw two worthwhile releases. The Friday conspiracy deepens.

Youtube Video

Fairly prolific weirdo Toro y Moi released his 5th studio album and it's pretty solid overall. Some of his "chillwave" vibes have come back, fleshed out with some disco fringes here and there and some of his most introspective lyrics to date. Songs like "Don't Try" show a lot more lyrical versatility and vulnerability, which is a nice change of pace. There's still some real dips in the album like "Pavement" which just seems to suck all of the energy out. It's still not quite on the level of some of his previous work but it's laid back and interesting enough to warrant a few listens.

Youtube Video

Easily a contender for album of the year, personally. I've been a long time fan of Broken Social Scene and they are at their most diverse here. There's dark anthems like the one I've linked here and then just some fun tracks sprinkled throughout, with horns weaving their way throughout the entire album. There's so much energy, love, and passion put into nearly every single track and despite them all being varied, they have an excellent flow. It has been 7 years since their last record but damn was this worth the wait.

Youtube Video

This artist didn't happen to have a new album release but I just discovered them today and it's everything my day needed. Some great hip hop beats with soothing melodies layered over it all, in a very similar vein to Nujabes. If you need to relax, this is going to get you there, quick.

• Global Moderator

Been listening to a lot but in terms of new stuff, Arcade Fire & The National have albums coming out relatively soon and have released a few songs from both. Can't wait for the albums.

Youtube Video

(Also released , The System Only Dreams in Total Darkness)

Youtube Video

(Also released, Everything Now & Creature Comfort)

• I haven't been able to stop listening to the Dear Evan Hansen broadway album. It's so damn good!

@tokeeffe9 I heard The National's previous released single, but hadn't heard this one and wow that's good. Are they capable of making a bad song?

• Global Moderator

@TheChrisGriffin Agreed, I love Guilty Party in particular but you're right, they don't do bad songs. Cannot wait for the album to drop in September.

• Been listening to the thermals, pretty much their whole discography. Each album is so good i could listen to it over and over and also the fact that their albums are short. But the album i listen to the most is "Now we can see". Its just an all around great album that anypne can get into.

Also listening to modest mouse "strangers to ourselves" and the strokes

• @tokeeffe9 Really stoked for both of those albums actually.

• I've been listening to all sorts of stuff
    Youtube Video

Youtube Video

Youtube Video

• TUPPERWARE REMIX PARTY! Get on board! They're one of the only western bands that I listen to and their unique brand of 70's/80's future funk is incredible!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBxDiBxMF-g
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RE6EuHyjU8
    Youtube Video

• @michemagius I was pretty obsessed with the songs The Hit and Computer Wife.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uOWWaRbZucE

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X3rp-h69aTk

• @michemagius @Inustar , it's about time we got some TWRP AND Ninja Sex Party in here. My life always has room for more Danny Sexbang and Ninja Brian.

Let's just say a certain karaoke song has been stuck in my head lately.

Youtube Video

• @SabotageTheTruth There are moments that I suspect you and I are the same person, but then you say something crazy like the P5 cast is better than P4.

I am though a big fan of comedy music, and that does include NSP. Never posted any here cause... Well a lot of it is of a particular taste 😁

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LcmBALxDkRY
    The safest of the songs...