How many stars do you give the game you are playing right now?

• Global Moderator

Just finished Watchdogs after having owned it since its release. Did a full playthrough no side quests from start to finish.
    2 and a half stars

• I want to say 4 and a half stars for Animal Crossing New Leaf, because stuff like the permanent dead grass spots and limits on number of public works projects and placement could be better. The fact that I'm still playing it daily three years later however makes me confident in bumping it up to 5 stars. Every game has things that could be better. Doesn't stop them from being masterpieces in their own right.

• Been playing:

Wasteland 2, 20 hours in and I'd give it a solid 3.5/5. Could easily become a 4 or 3 depending on how it progresses.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution, I've played it multiple times and I adore this game. 4.5/5

Overwatch, fantastic game, even better with friends. Balanced and interesting gameplay, competitive is officially starting soon and I am pumped for it. 5/5
    alt text

• admin

Dark Souls 3: 5 stars. Might be my GOTY.

• Playing through The Witcher 3 for the first time right now. So far I'd give it 5 stars.

• Environmental Station Alpha

It's a really well designed map. A lot of the platforming puzzles are interesting applications of your tools and movement. The boss fights are probably the best part of the game, and are satisfyingly difficult when you beat them, even if you get the optional powerup for your gun. Victories really feel won.

But do you know what's not freaking fun?! Walking around and making sure that you stand on EVERY SINGLE TILE, and making sure you shoot EVERY SINGLE TILE, because for some reason we've accepted this trope in the Metroidvania genre, and Environmental Station Alpha finds it necessary to hide key progression points behind out-of-the-way secret destructable tiles.

3 stars. It's a fun game, but severely marred by progression that relies on you checking every corner you passed in the entire station. Multiple times.

• Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition - 4 Stars

I played through the original version of this game on the PS3 when it first came out and I enjoyed it then. I was pretty disappointed with the story and the overall tone on that first playthrough though. I felt like they had a chance to really separate this franchise from the typical action game formula with an emphasis on survival and realism. After the wonderful intro they all but abandon those ideas and by the end it blows them away entirely (and literally). Personally, I think it would have been a much stronger and more engrossing experience had they focused more on exploration and puzzle solving outside of combat and honed in on stealth and ingenuity during combat. I think they improved on a lot of what Naughty Dog did with the Uncharted series and yet The Last of Us ended up delivering a lot of what I wished Tomb Raider had provided. All that being said, I'm having a lot more fun on this second go around because I've adjusted my expectations accordingly and I'm just enjoying it for what it is. I think the harsh tone they set up in the beginning of the game still conflicts with the actual content of the experience but it's still fun to play. At the end of the day, that's more important than delivering an enthralling atmosphere. If only they didn't lock the platinum trophy behind the tacked on multiplayer portion of the game!

• I just finished the first Yakuza. I would give that 4 stars.
    I'm playing Pesona 4 Golden. 5 stars for sure.
    Also, I just started Akiba's Trip: Undead and Undressed. Only been playing for 6 or so hours, but I would give it 3.5 stars right now.

• I am about to play Baten Kaitos. I have played it years ago and almost finished it, but lost my save file. I would have rated it five out of five stars before, so lets see if I will still do so!

• Jet Set Radio. It's hard to score because it excels in some areas and not so much in others. 3/5. Love the music and the overall feeling of the game, but the controls are so wonky.

• Wrapping up Ratchet and Clank pretty soon, I'd say it's a solid 4 stars. I had never played a Ratchet and Clank game before, so this was a good jumping on point for me. I think it's really fun, and the leveling/progression system is really rewarding, along with the collectibles. The weapons are cool to use, the environments are great, and the story/humor itself was really good and worked.

It did get repetitive at times with certain mechanics, one that comes to mind are the two hoverboard races in the game. Between the Bronze, Silver, and Gold Cup for each, it felt like there was more to be done there. Once you beat the Bronze Cup, that was essentially all there was to see, but you had to do the same track a couple more times with a re-skin to fully complete it. Still really fun though, enjoyed the game a lot! Getting close to the Platinum Trophy!