Kingdom Hearts 2 point whaaaa?

• alt text

From time to time i see things about kingdom hearts and it peaks my interest. But in all honesty when I hear 1.5, 2.5 dream drop distance, 3ds version, unchained, re-coded, re-re-coded, chain of memories, remix this, remix that, it makes me stop caring. I know its probably not as convoluted as I'm making it out to be, But humor me please. Cans someone make sense of it all for me?

• I would be happy to try. What questions do you have specifically?

• @Brannox Are a majority of the releases separate entries or revisions to the original games? What order do you play them in? Whats with 2.8? is 1.5 and 2.5 revised games bringing all the old content to ps4? Pretty much everything lol. I feel the marketing is a bit confusing, unless of course you have always followed it.

• @Brannox In 10 words or less, sum up the plot of the entire KH series. LOL

• KH honestly lost me a long time ago, if 3 is good I'll give it a shot, but is has been far too long for me to keep caring, and there are too many things in between for me to get invested in it.

• @TokyoSlim said in Kingdom Hearts 2 point whaaaa?:

@Brannox In 10 words or less, sum up the plot of the entire KH series. LOL

Quite impressive, you summed it up in one word!

I loved 1, 2 was meh, but am still stoaked for 3

I'll probably go back and rewatch the cutscenes of all the other spin offs and such as until these collections, I had no real way of playing them

• @CGamor7 If you are asking if the rereleases (1.5, 2.5. 2.8) are remasters: Yes and kinda

1.5 is Kingdom Hearts, Chain of Memories (the GBA and eventual PS2 port), and the cutscenes for the DS game 358/2 Days, all remastered with only a couple of ancillary additions for PS3 and soon PS4

2.5 is Kingdom Hearts II, the PSP game Birth by Sleep, and the cutscenes for the DS game Re:Coded, same as 1.5 (ancillary addition, graphical remaster, console, etc.)

2.8 is Dream, Drop, Distance from the 3DS, Unchained (I can't do that special symbol - it's an "x", but pronounced "key") which is originally a mobile game, but is completely redone as a 45 minute to an hour long CGI movie, and finally Birth by Sleep 0.2: Final Chapter Prologue (Jesus Christ the naming of this series is obtuse) which is, from what I've read, the directly events prior to Kingdom Hearts III.

In terms of what order, that's up to you. If you want to do in Chronological release, then its 1.5, 2.5 and then 2.8. If you want to go in terms of story.... Well, get ready for this and let me help you out by doing this for you (Saving you the headache):

Unchained x (2.8), Birth by Sleep (2.5), Kingdom Hearts (1.5), Chain of Memories (1.5), 358/2 Days (1.5), Kingdom Hearts II (2.5), Re:Coded (2.5), Dream, Drop, Distance (2.8), and finally Birth by Sleep 0.2 (2.8).

Personally speaking, Chain of Memories is a pain to play because it completely goes to different systems and I actually like 358/2 days, so I wish those were flipped in 1.5 (358/2 Days the game and Chain of Memories the cutscenes), but sadly no.

2.8 is just a reason to: Port the 3DS game and provide set up story for KH III.

Yes. All KH content will be on PS4 with that repackage.

Hell yes it's confusing. If it wasn't, it wouldn't be Square. Not really followed the marketing, just a fan of the series for so long.

@TokyoSlim Key wielding people fight for hearts and light.

• @Brannox

lol my poor head! Thanks for taking the time to go through all that. It helps. It gives me the answer i was looking for. Now to decide if all that content is worth it. I've tried a bit of 1, and only seen footage of the other stuff. Three looks pretty cool so I've been thinking about trying the series. I cant believe how much stuff they have done for this game. I might just settle for a YouTube video explaining the story of the series before trying three.

• @CGamor7 Whatever you feel is best, I'm happy to help you in any way to come to a decision. Yeah, unless you've been invested, or REALLY are looking to get into it, its a mental hassle. Either way, the best of luck to you, and whatever you do try, I hope you enjoy it!

• Well, you could just do what I did.
    Play KH 1 and 2 and ignore the rest, or read a wiki article. I adore the main games, but it was just too time consuming to play the off shoots since I didn't have the systems they were all on.
    Granted with 1.5 and 2.5 it's easier, but unless you're the all-in sort, I don't think it's necessary to enjoy the idea of Kingdom Hearts.

• Good summary @Brannox.

I agree with @Inustar, if you are interested in getting into the series just playing KH1 and KH2 is not a bad way to go. All of the other games are important to the story to varying degrees but they are all very different. Playing 1 and 2 will give you a solid amount of the material needed, and if you end up enjoying it and craving more you can then start playing the others. If you don't feel like putting in the time to play them read the wikis. That's what I've done but only because I never played the GBA, DS or 3DS games. I am really excited about 2.8 for that reason, I heard great things about Dream Drop Distance and now I get to play it. I'll definitely need a solid refresher before jumping into 3, whenever that happens. Just knowing it is being worked on is good enough for me though.

• i would play 1 and 2 and if you like them chain of memories and abd birth by sleep add to the story however after that i would say the rest is not needed

• @Tragosaurus Ha ha, thanks.

• I am interested in playing 2.8 but mainly for the Aqua section. How long is that part supposed to be?

• @DizBomber If I remember correctly, I've heard its supposed to be about the length of a world from one of the main games so a few (3-5) hours maybe? I feel like I'm overshooting that, but that's what I feel like I've heard.

• @Brannox wait so there gonna charge 80 bucks for a movie and 2 games that will last about 10 hours

• @FF7Cloud As is the Disney™ way

• @FF7Cloud 80? I thought it was 60?

And I don't think Dream, Drop, Distance is that short. Cumulative speaking I think all three, at shortest, will probably go about 15 hours. At longest I'm thinking about 30.

• @Brannox im canadian so a full price game is 79.99 here

• @FF7Cloud Woah.

Looks like your connection to Easy Allies Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.