Favourite games based on films?

• My personal favourite is Scarface: The World is Yours. What an amazing game. And I also love The Warriors, Spider-Man 2, and both Godfather games. And The Rocky game will always have a place in my heart.

What about the reat of the Allies?

• Banned

Hercules!

• The Lord of the Rings ps2 beat-em ups are great, especially those movie to game transitions.
    Spider-Man 2 finished it again and it really does hold up that swinging is perfect and has yet to be beat by any subsequent game.
    Harry Potter and the chamber of secrets ps2 was also fantastic with a bunch of boss fights and an open Hogwards.

• @Art the Disney game on PS1?

• @pinecone I had that Harry Potter game on PC and Game Boy Advance and I loved both versions. EA did those I think.

• @pinecone I was about to say Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone/Chamber of Secrets! I played them on PC and PS2, I remember loving how you could just explore Hogwarts, it really incentivised me to do all that was available.

I also had Toy Story 2 on Nintendo 64 as a kid. It probably isn't very good, but back then I enjoyed it, haha.

• Spiderman 2, X-Men Origins Wolverine and Wanted. Maybe that Prince of Persia game that was based on the movie. Didn't play much movie licensed games otherwise.

• Banned

@DarthAmmii Yep, I love it.

• @pinecone said in Favourite games based on films?:

The Lord of the Rings ps2 beat-em ups are great, especially those movie to game transitions.
    Spider-Man 2 finished it again and it really does hold up that swinging is perfect and has yet to be beat by any subsequent game.
    Harry Potter and the chamber of secrets ps2 was also fantastic with a bunch of boss fights and an open Hogwards.

This is a great list, agree with all of them.

I personally enjoyed The Addams Family on Genesis. It was a great platformer that seemed to pull elements from lots of games. There were many bosses, optional bosses, upgradable health, branching paths in levels, power ups, hidden rooms. You had a hub world to access levels from and I believe some levels fed into others without having to return to the hub. I wish this game had more attention but it seems to be a very under the radar gem. People tend to be more familiar with The Addams Family Values.

• The Chronicles of Riddick on the original Xbox is easily one of the best movie games. I had a lot of fun with that one. I still haven't tried Assault on Dark Athena, but I've heard it was great as well.

• ... Is no one going to say it?

G-Force is the clear answer here.

• Sweet Home yo

• Two awesome games based on fantastic movies; The Warriors and Scott Pilgrim vs The World

The Warriors game made from Rockstar is easily one of their most underrated games. Not only did it retell the story from the movie but it also gives so much backstory on all the characters and their motivations. Not only is the campaign awesome but I ended up spending tons of hours just doing giant gang fights against the AI. One of my favorite things to do in video games is to throw stuff at NPCs and man the Warriors makes nailing some hobo with a bag of garbage so fun.

Scott Pilgrim for me was just one of the most magical video game experiences ever. It's like ubisoft read my mind when making this one, having Anamanaguchi doing the soundtrack, art from Paul Robertson and gameplay from River City Ransom, I mean come on!! You wanna talk about jolly good times, get a group of four together and tear through this awesome game. Scott Pilgrim is one of the few franchise that I feel just totally nailed it on every medium, the manga, movie and game were all fantastic and true to their origins.

• Ill tell you what. chronicles of riddick blew me away. I remember playing it at a gaming convention in England, expecting absolute rubbish. there was only two machines set up to play it, there was no queue. me and my friends were walking past and i stopped and said, "lets give this a go" I walked away thinking that was actually good. I bought the game and it was awaesome. A whole new story for riddick. A prison break type story, proper voice acting from vin deisel ad ice cube. It was awesome

• Hands down Riddick Assault on Dark Athena!

• Scott Pilgrim was pretty baller.
    Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay/Assault on Dark Athena is a pretty great game.
    Does the recent Ratchet & Clank count?

• Not sure if it counts but for me: Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy. Nice story, lots of good planets and the best combat in SW games imo.

• That one Wolverine game that came out around X-men Origins. That was a seriously fun game. Largely forgotten

• Do the Lego games count?

Cause those amuse me.

• Toy Story for the Sega Genesis.