Steam sale

• Just to remind you that steam sale begins soon. It will run until July 4th.
    What will you/have you purchased?

• Firewatch, Oxenfree, Dying Light and the Evil Within.

• Homeworld remastered collection and homeworld deserts of kharak.
    Valkyria chronicles
    Doom

plus a bunch others

Any recommendations?

• I got The Banner Saga (great game so far) and the Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition (never played Awakening and most of the DLC) for 10 bucks, good price i would say!^^

• The original Portal is on sale for $1.99 and Portal 2 for $4.99. I've never played them, do you think they're worth picking up?

• @michemagius said in Steam sale:

The original Portal is on sale for $1.99 and Portal 2 for $4.99. I've never played them, do you think they're worth picking up?

Are they worth it? Yes. Keep in mind however that Valve has literally given away Portal for free before as part of a classroom educational initiative. Portal 2 is also only 75% off right now, while I believe it's been 80% off or possibly more before. That said, the discounts they're at right now are definitely enough to justify a purchase. Those games are worth way more than what you would be paying regardless, and Portal 2 especially considering that after you finish the single player campaign, there's hundreds of player made levels you can download and play online effortlessly through the game itself.

• I got Firewatch, This War of Mine and LA Noire.. I'm thinking about getting Evil Within too but I'm waiting to see if it'll be free on PSN next month

• Just bought Stacking for $0.99 and Beyond Good and Evil for $4.99.

• @Bahmin
    You seem to love strategy game so I recommend Fallen Enchantress: Lengendary Heroes - a turn base 4x strategy fantasy RPG with civ like world map but having individual deep tactical combat maps.
    Highlights:

1. You can cast strategy spells (including spells that totally change the terrain like destroying a city with a volcano eruption) on units and cities in the world map and tactical spells on units in tactical maps.
    2. There are heroes and armies. Heroes can collect items like weapons, armors, potions, tomes, scrolls etc. Armies can be upgraded in both units size, weapons and armors carried. You can also create your own customized unit and name it. Items collected include items that can add poison to weapon, a scroll that can cage an enemy unit and do damage on it every turn etc.
    3. There are special hero classes and perks to select like beast master perk (to tame beasts - add beasts to your armies). Beasts include cave bears which can do mauling (an important tactics), spiders that spit spider web to stop an enemy movement etc. Heroes can also be multi-classes.
    4. Three types of dense skill tree - Civilization, Combat and Magic. You can learn skill to recruit dragons, trolls, monsters etc when you discover dragon lairs or troll caves in the world map.
    5. If you are strong enough, your opponent may surrender and the corresponding leader hero will then join your army. However, this surrender option can be disabled on setting if one chooses to.
    6. Random quests with rewards of special units and items - rate of occurrence can be adjust on setting.

• I won't be getting anything this time because I'm trying to curb my game purchasing a little bit, but I highly recommend everyone pick up Kindred Spirits on the Roof and build your own Yuritopia.

YURITOPIA!

• @OddMan11 said in Steam sale:

I won't be getting anything this time because I'm trying to curb my game purchasing a little bit, but I highly recommend everyone pick up Kindred Spirits on the Roof and build your own Yuritopia.

YURITOPIA!

Funfact: That was the first visual novel added to Steam without having the nudity stripped out first. For whatever reason Steam just started allowing it.

Hopefully Twitch will crack next and allow games like this to be streamed. Keep in mind, Twitch allows (and way before this Steam allowed) other games that included nudity, however they were all western games. It has been a weird double standard, and some of these visual novels sexual scenes are an even smaller part of the game than what you'd encounter in say The Witcher. One last note, games completely revolving around sexual content are banned from Twitch indiscriminately. The hope isn't that Twitch will ever allow that, just that they'll stop discriminating against visual novels that include sexual situations but don't revolve around them.

• If anyone is even slightly interested in getting The Long Dark I can wholeheartedly recommend picking it up during this sale. It's still in early access, but it offers what feels like a super polished and well paced survival experience!