Brandon Plays Pokémon - Official Discussion Thread

• Current Episode:

Youtube Video

BEGIN THE ADVENTURE AT EPISODE 1!

Youtube Video

• I love how optimistic Brandon is about the storytelling in the game. As if they will ever actually explain themselves. His predictions for "The Great Pokemon War" explanation make me wish he wrote these games.

• Man, as someone who haven't really played a pokemon game since gen 1 I really love this show.
    I think its both the nostalgia and seeing it from a fresh perspective once again.

Would really love if Kyle and Brandon, or someone else for that matter, kept the series going with another game when they're done with Red.

• @seppo91 I think it would be fun to watch Brandon play pokemon Sun/Moon parallel to Kyle when it comes out. I'd be interested to see how differently they'd approach a game that is new to both of them, considering how different their pokemon backgrounds are.

• In the last number of years I've only played recent Pokemon games and this series inspired me to go back to the beginning! I forgot just how much I love Pokemon Red.

I also love all the names for Brandon's Pokemon! These videos are just so much fun.

• This show made me realise how much of the game I had forgotten. It was/is a pretty big game.

Always interesting seeing the interaction between Kyle and Brandon. So much passion. If Only I could remember where I put my old gameboy :neutral_face:

• @WiedThin I'm totally down for that. Hope Brandon has the time to commit when Sun/Moon roll around.

• @Dirokia said in Brandon Plays Pokémon - Official Discussion Thread:

@WiedThin I'm totally down for that. Hope Brandon has the time to commit when Sun/Moon roll around.

At least it comes out near the beginning of the "Game Season" but yeah, its gonna be crazy this year.

• In an ideal world Brandon would have the time to play SoulSilver before Sun and Moon to see the progression the games made. I think that would be interesting, possibly because Silver is also the best Pokémon game ever made :ok_hand_tone1:

• @Hoken HeartGold for me. Those remakes are the epitome of the Pokemon experience as far as I'm concerned. #BringBackBerryPots

• @Dirokia Not going to knock Gold, Ho-Oh is pretty swell. Had a Lugia figure when I was a kid as well as Silver, so that's "my version".

Also Silver has ninetales!

• The amount of work Brandon puts into editing this show makes me appreciate it even more. Showcasing the Pokémon with their names is probably not something that makes a difference to most viewers, but personally I really love it.

• @Kasper said in Brandon Plays Pokémon - Official Discussion Thread:

The amount of work Brandon puts into editing this show makes me appreciate it even more. Showcasing the Pokémon with their names is probably not something that makes a difference to most viewers, but personally I really love it.

It really is a nice touch and see no the original concepts is great

• @Hoken I agree, second gen is basically a continuation of R&B, which never happened again in main games and it would be awesome for Brandon to experience the whole story. Also, the vibe of the game and the amazing lore of second gen is just soooo good! But I totally get the reasons if he doesn't play it next.

• @seppo91 i can't remember which episode i saw but i remember jones say that the brandon plays videos takes a lot of time from his personal life and editing together so if they were to do it again with another game they would take a break for about 3 months to let it settle and not just focus on brandon plays :).

• @Hetsig That was a recent cup of jones I believe

• Probably the one show I look forward the most from EZA right now. I love how long they've been getting lol

• Oh my gosh, I love this show. I'm so sad that we're going to be without it for the next few weeks. I love the questions Kyle asks. People keep asking for a sequel, but I honestly don't even know what game could possibly be played in this manner. Maybe FFIX for someone who was never into RPGs. But FFIX is a faaaaaar far shot from the popularity of Pokemon, so there's just nothing that could succeed this show.

• @Inflorescence We can't rush it. It's all about embracing the franchise. Brandon has to watch Pokemon the cartoon for context. We need to hear how he feels the story unfolds and how the game compares. Imagine if Brandon starts collecting pokemon cards. Oh god. We're going to bankrupt Easy Allies.

• Currently this is my favourite show on EZA. Is amazing to see how Brandon discovers everything, and how questions or notices details that I, having completed the original pokemon games a few times didn't pay attention to. Also like how Kyle manages the info he gives to Brandon, he knows this is a show about discovery, and reactions, so makes it so much better. I hope someday, after this show is completed Brandon makes a second season with Gold or Silver, just his reactions to the new Pokemon would make it worth it.

After watching an episode, I inmediately feel the need to start a new game on Pokemon Yellow and do a run with some Pokes I've never used before. Hopefuly some day.