Brandon Plays Pokémon - Official Discussion Thread

• @jipostus

As of now, Brandon said there will be one or two episodes at most and when the complete it.

Man great episode and I find it hilarious Brandon's anger over Giovanni. I remember loving it but he made good points. Next week will be a fight between gods

• Johnny was like
    alt text

• @Whoaness I'd laugh way too hard if Bossy rocked up to the fight with infinite rare candied level 100 pokemon and just toyed with Jones.

Though that would probably cause another fan meltdown, so maybe he just rocks up with a bunch of level 70s so Jones actually has a challenge that he can't just power his way through for once.

• Jones should watch Pokemon Origins, it follows his story so perfectly and it's really short too.

• Baja Beast may in fact be my favorite Pokemon nickname ever. Sad this series is no more but thrilled for all the good times it gave me.

• Bummed the series is over, but it's been nothing but good times. It's been really fun seeing Jones slowly turn from complete novice to superfan.

• it is going to be really weird not having the show to look forward to each week though it will be easier on me for listening to podcasts.

Oh man, I am going to make time for that Pokemon Origins MST3K stream

• What a great series this was. I could listen to those two discuss Pokemon for hours. They got me back into playing X and I challenged some co-workers and we're all playing during lunch break now.

I agree that they shouldn't force the concept onto another game, unless they're convinced it's a good fit. I think Ben could be a good, spoilerless mentor just like Kyle was, if Brandon or anyone else were to discover a new series.

Is it weird that I'm looking forward to Sun & Moon more to follow their journey than to play it myself? :D

• @Master_Alucard said

Johnny was like
    alt text

Goddamn, was that Origins?

Anime used to be good.

• Global Moderator

What a ending to this amazing series!

I will really miss Brandon first impressions and his ideas about what may lie around the corner! I so wished that he would go into Silver/Gold next, but I guess Sun/Moon will do!

I might rewatch the whole series in the near future just because I liked it that much! :D

• This was a great series, but the final battle was definitely a disappointment. I remember how shocking it was to transition from casual play to competitive battling in Pokemon. I had a team full of legendaries get rocked by a trick room team on PBR and it completely changed my views on battling. Just wish Kyle had leveled up some more so he could show Brandon strategies that were different from loading up your Pokemon with the same type attacks.

• Psyaiai...

alt text

• I think it's kind of crazy to want Brandon to play other pokemon titles before Sun and Moon now.

With the new Alolan subspecies, it seems like they're really making the play for gen 1 nostalgia—even more so than the mega evolutions of Charizard, Blastoise, Venisaur, and Mewtwo did. That leak that was confirmed in part apparently also included a bunch of Alolan versions of Kanto pokemon, like water Growlithe & Arcanine. It'll be really interesting to see Brandon digest all of these gen 1 remixes (especially Exeggutor, lol).

• @Whoaness said in Brandon Plays Pokémon - Official Discussion Thread:

Psyaiai...

alt text

Him and Jigglypuff were the best part of the OG series

• Just a quick drop by to say thank you, this series was incredible and i wish i could relive all those memories again for the first time. It's funny to see such an old game still holding up and getting Jones on the Pokemon hypetrain.

• Appreciate the series. Learned a couple of things about the original games while reliving some of the wonder of those early pokemon hunting days.

• Great series. Probably my favourite thing EZA has done yet.

• But a spinoff, perhaps...

• @Haru17 Awww yeah!!! Snap was so magical back in the day, I think I preferred it to Stadium. I watched a ton of animal documentaries as a kid, so getting to see the Pokemon in their natural environment was a huge hook.

• So how will I know when to watch the stream of them watching Pokemon origins!?!