Brandon Plays Pokémon - Official Discussion Thread

• I really love this show. Makes me want to do a Nuzlock challenge.

• This is my favourite show at the moment. Also it struck me again seeing the original drawings for these Pokemon how much better they look in that style. I wish Pokemon still looked like that.

• I'm waiting for the episode Brandon rages because Gen 1's box system screws him over. Everyone forgets that the original games didn't automatically send Pokémon to a new box when the current is full. You had to manually go to a PC and change it before you could catch any new Pokémon

• @SEEGAAAA Didn't that already happen?

• @Hetsig Yeah I remember that, that's why I thought the show could go on with someone else in the meantime. Rotating cast. next maybe Ben goes through persona with someone?

• @seppo91 said in Brandon Plays Pokémon - Official Discussion Thread:

@SEEGAAAA Didn't that already happen?

I remember him complaining about how cumbersome the box system is but I don't think there's been a situation in which he's attempted to catch a Pokemon and not been able to because of the box being full.

• He accidentally discovered the box limitations when he tried to catch another trainer's pokemon. Kyle cleared up his misconception about why the catch failed and the box issues.

• The only thing I really want see happen is Brandon discover the Eeveelutions and make it part of his team. Probably the only way this will happen is Vaporeon since he won't replace Johnny or Sparky

And in the 'What did we miss finale' Bosman forcing the Haunter trade.

• @Sparks Yeah I wanna hear what Brandon thinks of Gengar. hehe and I love how Kyle has teased Eevee so far

• This show is SOOO much fun, I love it! Makes me want to record my Sun and Moon playthrough with my own fan-art comics or something.

• Brandon Plays Pokémon is my favourite EZA show so sad that it is on break for the next few weeks.

• @seppo91 Yeah, exactly in the same boat with you. I never officially acknowledged the existence of any Pokemon beyond Mew, so this fill me up with a LOT of nostalgia :) Fun to see somebody experience it for the first time..

• Brandon's rant about using the rod is my favourite moment of this so far, such a great series. I hope they can pick it up later in the year for Pokemon Gold/Silver, or even Heart Gold/Soul Silver is that's easy to do since it'll already work in the 3DS.

• @ConorXT said in Brandon Plays Pokémon - Official Discussion Thread:

Brandon's rant about using the rod is my favourite moment of this so far, such a great series. I hope they can pick it up later in the year for Pokemon Gold/Silver, or even Heart Gold/Soul Silver is that's easy to do since it'll already work in the 3DS.

If they do another one I'd like to see them jump to X/Y so Brandon can experience how much the series has changed in 20 years or have both Kyle & Brandon going in blind on Sun/Moon and comparing notes each episode. If they time it with the release of Sun/Moon the community could get more involved with the show. Playing along and offering their own observations to be featured on the show.

While I'd love to see Brandon play through each Gen with Kyle guiding him when needed, it might be too much to ask/expect!

• @thenerdtheword said in Brandon Plays Pokémon - Official Discussion Thread:

If they do another one I'd like to see them jump to X/Y so Brandon can experience how much the series has changed in 20 years or have both Kyle & Brandon going in blind on Sun/Moon and comparing notes each episode. If they time it with the release of Sun/Moon the community could get more involved with the show. Playing along and offering their own observations to be featured on the show.

While I'd love to see Brandon play through each Gen with Kyle guiding him when needed, it might be too much to ask/expect!

I don't necessarily want to see them do every single game in the series, but I definitely think Brandon should play Gold/Silver before jumping forward. The Gen 2 games are such a great follow-up to Gen 1 and the best time to play them is after R/B, but before you've played any others.

I'm biased because Silver's my favourite in the series, but listening to Brandon talk about his experience with Red Version has reminded me so much of my first time with the game that I think it would be a huge shame for him to miss out on this prime opportunity for him to get the most out of Silver or Gold.

• Global Moderator

This is by far my favourite series going on at the moment!

It takes me back and the passion from both Kyle and Brandon feels so.. genuine!

I really REALLY want them to continue with Gen 2 after Red is finished. After that I wouldnt mind which or if more games are being played in the Pokemon series, but at least think that Gen 2 should be played!

• I'm excited for Brandon to run into his first legendary. I wonder if he'll catch them on his first try.
    I can see him getting pretty excited about those battles.

• @Hans said in Brandon Plays Pokémon - Official Discussion Thread:

I'm excited for Brandon to run into his first legendary. I wonder if he'll catch them on his first try.
    I can see him getting pretty excited about those battles.

I think this is when he's going to use his Master Ball. Who's the first one you usually run into? Zapdos?

• Usually Articuno, since a lot of people go from Fuchsia to Cinnabar. If Jones chooses to swim south from Pallet to Cinnabar instead, he'll likely hit up Moltres first. Zapdos is generally the last one found cause the Power Plant is so far out of the way and nothing really points you in that direction.

• This series gives me such an appreciation for Pokemon as a long time fan myself. Every game so far, I've always wanted to know absolutely everything about the game before going in. I would know the whole pokedex and what my party will look like by the end of the game.

Sun and Moon will be different this time. I'm not going entirely media blackout, but I want to play it more like any other RPG rather than the usual Pokemon groove that I got in to.

Thanks, Jones!