Nintendo Switch January 12th Event
Churchy last edited by Churchy
I'll add my predictions. Some of these are what I want rather than what I think will happen but there ya go!
- £250 on release.
- Yes, Smash Bros. and Mario Kart will get Switch versions.
- For Smash Bros. they will release wireless GameCube controllers (this time they won't need AA batteries!).
- We will have a new Splatoon called something like Spla2oon.
- Zelda will be delayed in all regions and won't come out until something like June.
- We will see at least one new IP for the console.
- Retro Studios' new game will be shown and it'll be for an old Ninty franchise but not DK or Metroid.
- Unfortunately, that Raving Rabbids Mario RPG thing will be real.
- We'll see footage for Beyond Good and Evil 2 but it won't release for a while.
- Shigsy (aka Miyamoto) will be dressed as Mario and announce the new Mario game, which will feature him going to locations throughout the world.
And a final bet:
- We will see a new Advance Wars game on Switch.
Don't take half of these too seriously.
CGamor7 last edited by CGamor7
I'm actually really excited for this. The only system I ever owned was a NES when I was a kid and a Wii for a few weeks until I realized I hated it.
This interests me for many reasons but one of the main ones is the portability and first party games. I hope they get a lot of indie development on it, because that's where I would like to buy all my smaller titles. The portability for playing smaller or simpler games will be nice. Then I can play all my AAA third party games on PS4 or possibly PC.
Despite what ppl say I think it will be a successful switch up for Nintendo. I'm far more interested in Nintendo now then I've ever been. So they are doing something right.
Let's just hope they improve their UI. I couldn't stand the wii or 3ds designs and sounds.
gerrhod last edited by gerrhod
- It will be shown that the thumb sticks have haptic feedback technology.
- New Mario will be something to do with dreams or subcon, Super Mario Dream World.
- The new Mario will have a free roaming local Co-Op mode when two switches are playing the game or online.
- 199 dollar SKU without dock or joycon grip, just a charger and two joycons. 250 dollar or 300 for system, dock, joycon grip and game.
- A new action rpg from Retro.
- Luigi & Mario's Mansion, multiplayer ghost busting.
- Emulated games with multiplayer support via local switch co-op.
- A new Wario Ware game: Wario Ware Switched On
- Life Is Strange enhanced port, maybe announce a sequel.
- A non mainline Pokemon game, something similar to Pokemon Snap in scope.
- New Kirby Claymation game, or a port of Rainbow Curse.
- They will probably show off MyNintendo integration into the UI or Shop app, showing how it would work with achievements, similar to Miitomo.
- Sakurai will debut a new game and it will be out of left field awesome!!!!!!!!!!!
- BoTW will unveil another land mass or location to explore in addition to Hyrule.
- Super Smash Bros. will get a new single player adventure like sub space from brawl.
- For Reggie, Mass Effect Trilogy port and Return to Arkham port. lol I would buy both.
Ruaidhri18 last edited by
Get ready to not actually get your hands on one, if the NES Classic condition is any indication
@Ruaidhri18 lol, That would be hilariously bad if they were only able to produce 2 million Switches world wide for launch month. It is a very plausible scenario with Nintendo.
Ruaidhri18 last edited by
@gerrhod Extremely! I am hoping that it is not the case, but I am fully prepared to not have one come March.
Tragosaurus last edited by
A few of my pretty pessimistic expectations of the event.
- $300 on release
- Smash Bros will have a Switch version with 2 new characters
- Mario Kart will have a Switch version with a new cup
- There will be 4 other Switch versions of games announced, one of which is Splatoon.
- Zelda will be delayed
- The main Mario game we are expecting will not make launch
- The Rabbids Mario RPG will exist but will hardly be an RPG and not really focus on any main Mario characters
- We will see at least one strange joycon that provides different functionality than the standard.
Pokemon Stars is not a port but a fundementally different game based on Sun/Moon.
Guest last edited by
@Ruaidhri18 Well there are already rumors that every Gamestop will only get 20 units on release.
Nesnomis last edited by
@Ruaidhri18 That's what they want you to think so they'll sell a lot day 1 because people will feel "lucky" for being able to buy one ;)
@Nesnomis Well this is Nintendo we are talking about. They have a history of not having enough supply to satisfy initial demand.
FF7Cloud last edited by
299.99 price point (basic unit)
Smash remastered bundled with cloud and bayonetta amiibos
splatoon remastered will be bundled with the deluxe model
xenoblade chronicles x enhanced port fix loading and pop in issues
dark souls trilogy (this is pretty much confirmed by from software)
zelda wont be delayed however mario game will be fall not at launch
Mario rabbids rpg will however be at launch
Pokemon stars will be a summer game and have 25ish new pokemon
skyrim and fallout 4 will be availble at or near launch
Tokyo rpg factory will be working on exclusive rpg
persona 5 port or smt game
sorry for the outlandish predictions i like to think big
dramaticslowmo last edited by
Price point between £200-250
Smash, Mario Kart and Splatoon Switch Versions
Bayonetta, Cloud and Corrin amiibos (please)
Zelda doesn't get a delay (but it will)
Retro Studios and Monolith Soft reveal themselves
DisturbedSwan last edited by DisturbedSwan
A lot of the info's leaked already.
£200 for base edition, £250 for deluxe (possible with a bundled game - possibly Splatoon Switch) Edition, translates to $250/$300 in the US.
Mario & Rabbids RPG being developed by Ubisoft (Grant Kirkhope of Rare fame is composing the score).
Zelda:BOTW at NA/JP launch, unknown about EU.
New Mario game
Beyond Good and Evil 2
Pokemon Stars late 2017
Haru17 last edited by Haru17
@DisturbedSwan Actually, the dollar is currently stronger than the Euro thanks to 2016. But only by 6%, so I would imagine the MSRP prices would resemble one another before tax differences.
DisturbedSwan last edited by
I was referring to the prices in British Pounds Sterling (£), the Euro is €.
According to a quick google search £200 = $243 and £250 = $304 so that sounds about right to me (was leaked by Laura Dale of LPVG via an Internal GAME - UK Retailer - Email) guess we'll see on the 12th/13th.
Billy last edited by
I'm extremely excited for this and very optimistic. I'm also easy to please, so they will likely procure a purchase from me early on. Just having a means to play Virtual Console content on the go would sell me immediately, especially if we see GameCube titles eventually. I'm a grown man who easily sees myself toting a Switch everywhere I go, much to my poor wife's chagrin.
TOPHATANT123 last edited by
The Rabbids RPG will have FULL voice acting and one of the actors from the game will present a live on-stage demo. - 2018
@TOPHATANT123 Interesting... if it is a Mario and Rabbids crossover, we can get Charles Martinet to voice his characters with more than catchphrases and grunts.
Axel last edited by
I couldn't be more hyped for this.
Also don't forget that there will be a Treehouse live stream later on, where they will show gameplay of all the games and probably a lot of extra details about the console and its UI.
Jamicov last edited by
Not a lot of things I can say that others haven't. I'm thinking Zelda is a launch game still, maybe Mario. I think of all the re-released games we know about, Splatoon might be the most likely to be there at launch, if not all of them.
I'm super pumped for the event, but honestly, my mind has been very much veering around the rumor that Mother 3 is making the Switch. Really hoping it's true, that series has been in my head for the past few weeks, and I'm just hoping it all leads to an eventual new game or something.
Of course there's way more to be excited about, but I just hope we get some confirmation on that one.