Nintendo Switch January 12th Event

• my thoughts on the switch ive let it settle a few days

Games: zelda is the killer app at launch and games like i am setsuna and bomber man near launch if priced decently can be great secondary experiences. 6 weeks later you get a enhanced version of Mario kart 8 which i will re-buy. splatoon is a great choice as a summer game kids hanging out playing a few rounds of splatoon between base ball games and swimming. then that fall/winter you have mario. i highly doubt xenoblade will be this year but if it is thats almost as big as zelda for me if its more like the first then it is the second.

Price: 299.99 is a decent price however Us in Canada are getting shafted at 399.99 CAD, our dollars weaker then the u.s.'s but only by 17-18 percent so i dont see the 100 dollar price difference. The pro controller is pricey but no more so then a xbone or ps4 controller. the joy cons are expensive but why do u need more then the one that comes with the system.

Online: its a payed service id wait and see how much its gonna be and what services its gonna provide before i offer my opinion (i cant see it being more then like 40 bucks a year)

Functionality: the console looks good ill probably never use it as a handheld after the newness of it wears off but i could be good as i can go upstairs and sit with my family and be social and play a bit of switch as well its probably got a sleep mode.

im looking forward to it as i havent bought a nintendo system as my main system since n64 and wasnt expecting it to change this time.

• alt text

Saw this pop up in the Internet... And I laughed my ass off...

• As a heads up the Fire Emblem Direct is at 5pm for the Eastern Standard Timezone, and one of the reveals might have been leaked thru the source code, albeit a rather obvious one.

• @jipostus
    I swear I have seen some version of that for the PS4, and X1

• @DMCMaster thats 6pm my time so ill have to hurry home after work

fire emblem warriors date
    mobile date
    and my bet fire emblem fates complete on switch for launch day or soon after

• @FF7Cloud @jipostus And PC master race xD

• Just thought to drop this here:

Youtube Video

• Xbox and Switch should have crossplay. MS is open to it and Nintnedo would greatly benefit from the large Xbox Live user base.

• @LordBaztion said in Nintendo Switch January 12th Event:

Xbox and Switch should have crossplay. MS is open to it and Nintnedo would greatly benefit from the large Xbox Live user base.

I think that was just a PR stunt. They only said they were open to it because they knew Sony had no reason to agree to something like that from a business perspective. They could only say this because they were behind.
    If memory serves the situation was somewhat reveresed a couple of years ago and MS said no then.

In any case I don't think Xbox/PS4 will share a lot of multiplat games with the Switch because of the weaker hardware, differena audiences, etc.

• @suplextrain Sony was the first one to openly say they had no problem with crossplatform multiplayer, when MS had actual policies against. Then MS opened their policies and Sony has remained silent since. I agree that Sony has nothing to win from crossplay but that's their problem, while MS and, specially, Nintendo have a lot to gain.

I hope Switch gets Rocket League and Gwent to see if crossplatform between Xbox and Switch becomes a thing.

• @LordBaztion said in Nintendo Switch January 12th Event:

Sony was the first one to openly say they had no problem with crossplatform multiplayer, when MS had actual policies against. Then MS opened their policies and Sony has remained silent since. I agree that Sony has nothing to win from crossplay but that's their problem, while MS and, specially, Nintendo have a lot to gain.

My point is that it's all just PR talk and that it won't happen.