Nintendo Switch January 12th Event

• I couldn't be more hyped for this.

Also don't forget that there will be a Treehouse live stream later on, where they will show gameplay of all the games and probably a lot of extra details about the console and its UI.

• Not a lot of things I can say that others haven't. I'm thinking Zelda is a launch game still, maybe Mario. I think of all the re-released games we know about, Splatoon might be the most likely to be there at launch, if not all of them.

I'm super pumped for the event, but honestly, my mind has been very much veering around the rumor that Mother 3 is making the Switch. Really hoping it's true, that series has been in my head for the past few weeks, and I'm just hoping it all leads to an eventual new game or something.

Of course there's way more to be excited about, but I just hope we get some confirmation on that one.

• @Jamicov yea id be surprised if mother 3's not available at launch

• @DisturbedSwan Oh, of course. I always forget that those are different haha. My bad.

• What I really want to know about is what exactly is going on with the third party support, because I imagine that what it will mean initially is that the third party Wii U games will be ported to the Switch, I'm particular hoping that is true for

Tokyo Mirage Sessions
    Bayonetta 2
    Xenoblade Chronicles X

If this happens in some capacity I'll be probably be getting a switch this year.

• @TOPHATANT123
    They could just treat it like the MC's in the Persona series, they remain mostly silent only uttering the name of a attack, or the occasional line, but for the other 98% of the game they remain silent.

Side note, finished my "Bingo card"

• @DMCMaster Could you maybe possibly post that Bingo Card... I would love to shuffle around the positions and use it during the Switch presentation.

Edit: Oh, you added some predictions to your original post; I assume those are the 25 you are using. I may make one less about predictions and more about what we're likely to see/hear at some point or another.

• Final Bet: Final Fantasy 6 is being remade in the same vein as Final Fantasy 7 as a Switch exclusive

• @naltmank
    If that happens alongside BG&E2 I'll probably die from a lack of oxygen

• Bets

• Retro is making "Super Metroid Returns" a 2.5D side scroller
    • From Software is making a Switch Exclusive
    • Smash Bros for Switch with Banjo and Rayman
    • Trailer starts, bizarre towns ominous music. You see a boy with a Red Baseball Cap walking away from the camera. Earthbound Logo. "Remake"

• @RyanBates A man can dream

• I'm a simple person with simple predictions:

• BotW launch title
    • A Pokémon game titled Pokémon Eclipse. I don't think it would be called "Stars" because we already have "Sun," whereas an eclipse is an alignment involving both the Sun and the Moon.

• @Doctor-Professor Yes! The first time I heard of Pokemon Stars i also thought why not call it eclipse. Good one!

My prediction: There is going to be something that is really disappointing or plain stupid. Maybe a subscription service or some restictions in functionality.

• I'm crazy excited for this event. Nintendo is still my favourite video gaming company. Their software output is unmatched IMO.

What's Retro doing!!!???

• I'm very excited for this event. Hopefully we'll see some sweet game announcements and a release lineup. Give me a price and I'll have it ordered before the end of the show.

• @Ikataishou As long as they don't form a Switch band and play the Mario theme....

• @Doctor-Professor It's a supergroup composed of members of Switchfoot, Killswitch Engage, Switchblade Symphony, and Witch.

• Just want a better online ecosystem more than anything to be honest. It needs to be a lower price than a PS4slim to break out too. Zelda and a Mario will be enough for launch titles but its really the question of third party which is the only thing up in the air. They have a load of "Partners" but so did the WiiU. Excited but cautious.

• I can't even be bothered with predictions. With all the rumors and "leaks" I just want some solid information already.

• @Vin said in Nintendo Switch January 12th Event:

Just want a better online ecosystem more than anything to be honest. It needs to be a lower price than a PS4slim to break out too. Zelda and a Mario will be enough for launch titles but its really the question of third party which is the only thing up in the air. They have a load of "Partners" but so did the WiiU. Excited but cautious.

Third party games will depend on people like you, if the system sells it will be supported, if it doesn't sell it won't be. This is literally the only factor that matters for third parties. It could have the spec of an Atari and sell and Capcom would probably find a way to port Resident Evil on it. Nintendo did their part by showing a list of devs who are willing to work on the system but if the system doesn't sell at retail those publishers may change their mind and there is nothing Nintendo can do it at that point, they can't babysit or force people to work on their system (if they could they would). Only gamers can help by actually buying the system. People didn't want the Wii U because of a lack of third party games so nobody bought the system and because nobody bought the Wii U nobody made third party games for it. Funny how that works, gamers actually helped create one of the reason they didn't get the system in the first place. Anyway that is what the list of publishers that Nintendo showed was for "Hey we showed our system to these guys and they think it's pretty cool and they are totally on board and willing to work something out"