Nintendo Switch January 12th Event

• @TokyoSlim you can use empirical evidence

• @Bigdude1 There is no complete set of empirical evidence. The game isnt out yet.

• @TokyoSlim there is a ton of evidence saying its going to be good though. why should i temper my excitement when nothing is telling me otherwise from the large amounts of footage we see.

• @Bigdude1 said in Nintendo Switch January 12th Event:

@TokyoSlim there is a ton of evidence saying its going to be good though. why should i temper my excitement when nothing is telling me otherwise from the large amounts of footage we see.

@Bigdude1 said in Nintendo Switch January 12th Event:

@TokyoSlim controls are entirely subjective

• @TokyoSlim you seem to fail to have a point in that post

• @Bigdude1 Maybe you're failing to grasp it. Have you finished Breath of the Wild yet?

• There seems to be an issue here where hoping something is good is being used as proof that it's good. That's not the case as far as I'm concerned.

I also hope it's good. It should be. But we won't know until it's out. I also won't know whether or not I'll personally enjoy it until I played it.

• @TokyoSlim all im saying is the only reason the game's quality is questioned is because it's on the switch. you never see arguments like that for other platforms here.

• @Bigdude1 It's a super ambitious cross gen game debuting simultaneously on two platforms. It's quality is being questioned because it's an unknown. Does what we've seen look good? Yes. Have we seen enough to judge the quality of the overall game? No.

• @Bigdude1 Yes, you can be excited about any game you like. But what I mean by keeping the hype in check is that you shouldn't defend a unreleased game against people who aren't as excited as you are.
    But on the other hand others shouldn't criticize the game too harshly until they have actually played it.

Because that game could be the best game of this decade. Or it could be a big letdown. We will see that once it releases. Before that all we can do is speculate.

@suplextrain mgs5 was tons better than mgs4 i was happy with it

Both had problems, but the thing with MGS5 is that almost everyone was sure (based on what we saw up until release) that it would be a masterpiece. Instead what we got was an unfinished and rough game that created a lot of controversy amongst fans.

@Stormcrownn said in Nintendo Switch January 12th Event:

@Bigdude1 salty people are salty. Looking for more salt to justify their current mood.

What's wrong with you? You think I'm just "shitting" on things because I think it's fun or something? What's wrong with scepticism? I'm generally a very positive person, but I won't turn a blind eye to potential problems. I'm a hope for the best, plan for the worst kind of guy.

Also "salty" doesn't even apply here. Salty was used in fighting game communities as an insult (often used jokingly) to describe someone getting sad/upset when they lost. The "salt" part came from the salt present in tears (which ties into the sadness part I mentioned prior).
    So just a tip, don't use words you don't understand the meaning of.

@Stormcrownn said in Nintendo Switch January 12th Event:

And you come off as someone who thinks they are being forced at gun point to purchase something.

I have no idea how you got this impression. Did my statement about Nintendo needing to sell me on their product confuse you?
    A lot of people are sceptical about the Switch. It is in Nintendo's best interest to convince the doubters. Am I wrong?

You ignore entire portions of what I'm saying so you can dismiss it with completely flawed and circular logic. You don't want to respond to any specific point, you just want to keep listing what you don't like and that nintendo needs to fix everything for you.

I don't ignore or dismiss anything. But if you want to pull this card then you should look at yourself when you "dismiss" all the problems I bring up. But what is it that you think that I dismissed? How you think this smartphone solution is the simplest and most straightforward (without really elaborating on why beyond just "people always carry smartphones").
    The point I'm making is that the current voice chat system is not objectively the best, most intuitive and simple solution with the least problems. You on the other hand seem compeltely convinced that this was the best solution for no discernable reason. You're even claiming that having multiple options would be a problem which makes no sense at all to me. You're seriously confusing me.

I get it, you have an incredible amount of faith in Nintendo and don't like it when people don't share that level of faith. But this is getting dangerously close to being close-minded. Nintendo has failed and messed up tons of times. This is only natural because Nintendo is run by humans. We all mess up.

Take No Mans Sky for example. I was very sceptical about that game for well over a year prior to release yet I had people with blind faith in the game outright attacking me for being sceptical about it and wanting to know more. In the end my scepticism saved me from dissapointment (or even getting outraged like some people did). I was able to play and enjoy NMS for what it was instead of what it promised to be.
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with scepticism.

@jipostus thats basically saying you shouldn't express excitement for a game, which only seems to be a issue on the switch here

There's a difference between excitement and blind optimism. For example I an incredibly excited for Ni-oh, but I also make sure to keep my hype in check while trying to keep an eye out for any potential problems.

There are no guarantees in life. There's a possibility that BotW could be flat out terrible. There's also a possibility that it could end up being the best Zelda game to date and the best game of 2017.
    It's not like every Zelda game has been great or flawless, so it's only healthy to not get too carried away imo.

But if you want to go wild, then go wild.

all im saying is the only reason the game's quality is questioned is because it's on the switch

My scepticism for the game has nothing to do with the Switch.

• @jipostus so i cant argue any point against people criticizing it? sounds like a poor argument. if you are allowed to have a opinion about it before playing it so can I.

forums would be pointless if we couldn't discuss games that arent out yet

• @TokyoSlim that's not what i'm saying though, the quality is only questioned because its on the switch. if it was any other AAA game you wouldn't even consider the opposite until it was released

@TokyoSlim all im saying is the only reason the game's quality is questioned is because it's on the switch. you never see arguments like that for other platforms here.

You don't think there were people skeptical of The Last Guardian or Final Fantasy XV? You weren't paying attention.

@jipostus so i cant argue any point against people criticizing it? sounds like a poor argument. if you are allowed to have a opinion about it before playing it so can I.

forums would be pointless if we couldn't discuss games that arent out yet

Nobody can have an informed opinion on the full game yet. That's what you seem to be missing. :)
    You can be excited, but there's a difference between being excited and pre-forming an opinion based on hype.

• @TokyoSlim im saying here on this site, they werent.

• @TokyoSlim you can have a opinion before it launches

• @Bigdude1 I've been questioning Breath of the Wild since before the NX was even a twinkle in our eyes.

• @DeweyDTruman you arent allowed to think that, tokyo slim says you cant be preforming a opinion until it releases

@TokyoSlim im saying here on this site, they werent.

That is patently untrue. I dare you to hand me a prove it ticket. I can repost a whole bunch of people.

• @TokyoSlim its the way it seems to me, you would never have discussions saying guys wait it

id like you to prove it with just as lengthy of a discussion