Nintendo Switch January 12th Event

• Xbox and Switch should have crossplay. MS is open to it and Nintnedo would greatly benefit from the large Xbox Live user base.

• @LordBaztion said in Nintendo Switch January 12th Event:

Xbox and Switch should have crossplay. MS is open to it and Nintnedo would greatly benefit from the large Xbox Live user base.

I think that was just a PR stunt. They only said they were open to it because they knew Sony had no reason to agree to something like that from a business perspective. They could only say this because they were behind.
    If memory serves the situation was somewhat reveresed a couple of years ago and MS said no then.

In any case I don't think Xbox/PS4 will share a lot of multiplat games with the Switch because of the weaker hardware, differena audiences, etc.

• @suplextrain Sony was the first one to openly say they had no problem with crossplatform multiplayer, when MS had actual policies against. Then MS opened their policies and Sony has remained silent since. I agree that Sony has nothing to win from crossplay but that's their problem, while MS and, specially, Nintendo have a lot to gain.

I hope Switch gets Rocket League and Gwent to see if crossplatform between Xbox and Switch becomes a thing.

• @LordBaztion said in Nintendo Switch January 12th Event:

Sony was the first one to openly say they had no problem with crossplatform multiplayer, when MS had actual policies against. Then MS opened their policies and Sony has remained silent since. I agree that Sony has nothing to win from crossplay but that's their problem, while MS and, specially, Nintendo have a lot to gain.

My point is that it's all just PR talk and that it won't happen.