Scalebound has been cancelled

• It's been rumoured by Kotaku and Eurogamer in the last hour, but IGN just confirmed it;

uk.ign.com/articles/2017/01/09/microsoft-confirms-scalebound-is-cancelled

Personally gutted, was excited after the IGN first demo, but following demos have looked shaky at best.

• Crud, a shame really. Hopefully Platinum has the rights to this IP so it can be funded by another company.... Nintendo open up your wallets and hearts. I don't know if this was just being published by Microsoft or fully funded.

• I really hope PlatinumGames will get through this. Scalebound was keeping occupied a huge part of the studio... Plus NieR A. being at the end of its development... :\

• Fuck this shit, originally I planned to buy all western 3rd party games I care about for XB1, unless the PS4 versions is vastly superior for some reason, but screw that noise, I'll buy everything for PS4 now.

• This was my most hyped game of 2017. And now it's gone. Dreams are dead :(

• Well, this can be summed up in just one word.

Fuck!

• Hopefully this doesn't kill Platinum. Never really followed along with this game since it was XBOX exclusive, but it sounds like a lot of people are upset about this.

• @Maczime said in Scalebound has been cancelled:

I really hope PlatinumGames will get through this. Scalebound was keeping occupied a huge part of the studio... Plus NieR A. being at the end of its development... :\

@TokyoSlim said in Scalebound has been cancelled:

Hopefully this doesn't kill Platinum. Never really followed along with this game since it was XBOX exclusive, but it sounds like a lot of people are upset about this.

Fingers crossed that Platinum will be okay and NieR will prop them up until other projects come through.

• Don't worry Star Fox One will save them! Plus Wonderful 102 and 103!

• I think Nick Robinson of Polygon framed it best:

✅ Ori and the Blind Forest
    ❌ Scalebound
    ❌ Phantom Dust remake
    ❌ Project Spark
    ❓ Crackdown 3

Uhh... 😬"

• I think Sony are the only one of the big three who understand the importance of vanity projects.

I know that Microsoft themselves probably don't give a fuck since they've been trying to kill off their gaming division for a while now, but this sucks for Xbox gamers and Platinum fans in general.

• @Nillend said in Scalebound has been cancelled:

This was my most hyped game of 2017. And now it's gone. Dreams are dead :(

Stop getting fooled by the hype train. There is no such thing as a great/amazing game that get cancelled, it got cancelled because it was bad, that mean they got ya and managed to get you hyped for what was always a bad video game. This is why you have to analyze, be patient, do research, ask questions, be realistic and don't overhype yourself too much or you end up being the idiot that buy No Man Sky for 60$. Don't get yourself caught up into the hype train, it's a really bad idea. This isn't targeted at you alone personally but to whoever else it may concern.

• @gerrhod said in Scalebound has been cancelled:

Hopefully Platinum has the rights to this IP so it can be funded by another company.... Nintendo open up your wallets and hearts. I don't know if this was just being published by Microsoft or fully funded.

The IP is owned by Microsoft so... fat chance :(

• Too bad. I was really looking forward to Donte in Dragon May Cry.

• A cancelled kamiya game...ok this sucks :(

• I'm honestly a little shocked people were hyped for this. I thought it had an interesting reveal trailer but then I saw this...

That alone showed the game had problems. It's just... boring. You can compliment the scale of the monster but aside from that, it just feels like lesser versions of things we've seen before, Monster Hunter being the perfect example. I know Platinum gets a lot of love but their track record hasn't been stellar lately. The Legend of Korra, Star Fox Zero, Transformers: Devastation, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan are all their most recent releases and all have been mediocre at best. Hopefully Nier: Automata helps bring them back to relevance or at least reminds them what they're capable of.

• @SabotageTheTruth said in Scalebound has been cancelled:

The Legend of Korra, Star Fox Zero, Transformers: Devastation, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan.

Garbage copy-pasta projects done to make a quick buck to fund their real projects.

• @SabotageTheTruth Yup, that was also the moment when my hype crashed and burned. I never liked the design of the main character, but I figured the gameplay could still be awesome, and co-op is always an exciting prospect. But that gameplay was indeed boring.

• I have to say that I was not even really aware this game existed, and honestly from watching the gameplay I don't see what was the appeal to be honest.

Still sucks that it's getting cancelled, but it seems hardly surprising from MS studios at this point.

• @Art Garbage is a bit harsh. Subpar to mediocre seems better.

Still, what a shame. Sure, I was never going to play it. But what a shame.

Looks like your connection to Easy Allies Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.