Scalebound has been cancelled

• @Axel That's my point, Nintendo (miyamoto) interfered too much with Star Fox whereas Bayo 2 and W101 they were left to make the game they wanted to make.

With Star Fox selling badly, I doubt either will want to do too much if it isn't Bayo or W101 related.

• @dramaticslowmo Ah ok gotcha! But hopefully they didn't care that much since it wasn't their IP, their "baby". We'll see what they end up making for Switch.

• watch we'll get bound by scales at the switch event tomorrow

• This post is deleted!

• I fear that Microsoft are putting all their eggs into a dwindling number of baskets. If Project Scorpio isn't as big of a success as they want/need it to be I wouldn't be surprised if Mircrosoft ditch home consoles and only publish games on PC from their biggest IPs (Halo, Gears, Forza).

• I think MS played a big hand with commission developers at the start of the console gen and now it's starting to either backfire a little, or they're getting the meddles and tinkering around too much.

What I'm guessing happened at the start of the Xbone's life was that they went to a couple of developers asking for exclusives and either didn't really understand what they were going to get or just wanted the exclusivity more than they were prepared to actually manage working with the outside developer.

• @thenerdtheword

I don't think Scorpio will be what they want it be. I stilll believe Microsoft is marketing it like a mid gen upgrade and pro like console, but really want it to be a next gen type console that everyone flocks to. But of course they can't tell you that. It will be interesting to see the future of Xbox that's for sure.

It really sucks this game got canceled. Like the easy allies podcast talks about, it starts to cast doubt for other games. I bet Microsoft can't wait to leave this generation behind (another point for above). For a console to flourish it needs variety of exclusives even if they don't sell call of duty numbers. If not what's the point? You want ppl to be invested in your Eco system. I see no point personally investing in that Eco system because I can have everything I want on PS4 plus more.

• I figured this was coming, platinum probably wanted more time and microsoft wanted the game out THIS year which it probably wasn't going to be.

So they said screw it, I would imagine the response from E3 was also a deciding factor as well, it sure wasn't impressive in any fashion.

But at this rate Microsoft won't have any 1st party titles to entice people with anymore, most of the rare team has picked up and left too. What's the point of scorpio now?

• @ZyloWolfBane said in Scalebound has been cancelled:

I figured this was coming, platinum probably wanted more time and microsoft wanted the game out THIS year which it probably wasn't going to be.

So they said screw it, I would imagine the response from E3 was also a deciding factor as well, it sure wasn't impressive in any fashion.

But at this rate Microsoft won't have any 1st party titles to entice people with anymore, most of the rare team has picked up and left too. What's the point of scorpio now?

Marketing buzzwords, Halo and that game with the cars?

• I'm still angry for this, it was my most anticipated game.

• @LordBaztion I feel you :(

• @El-Shmiablo Shareholders probably want Microsoft to sell off the whole Xbox division to someone else. I imagine its a huge political war between the executives.

Considering how their Azure Cloud stuff is increasing by magnitudes every year, and is over 25% of their overall revenue, it certainly makes sense that they simply don't care that much.

• @Stormcrownn it increasingly feels like Scorpio is the last chance for the Xbox Division to be a true success for Microsoft

• @thenerdtheword I wouldn't say the last chance. There's too many variables and success isn't black and white.

I strongly believe Microsoft pulled ahead from Sony with announcing Scorpio. They really took the wind out of the sales of PS4 Pro.

Gears of War 4 could've been a bit bigger, but it's not unsuccessful. Forza Horizon 3 is hugely successful. Other than those two, they haven't had very many games. Sony's lineup for 2017 looks really impressive. If Microsoft has a similar E3 to 2016, Sony will really pull ahead.

We need some big drops this year for Scorpio.

• @Stormcrownn I dunno Microsoft's corporate culture is pretty cutthroat. They actively pit employees against each other and close down teams/departments that are seen to be falling behind or reflecting poorly on the company.

• @Stormcrownn I suppose some shareholders want to get rid of xbox but it happening is very unlikely considering how much xbox is being inttegrated to Windows. Xbox is no longer a separate venture to the company, it's been actively used to enhance the Windows experience.

At worst, MS may be looking to leave the console business, at least traditionally, and bringing Windows gaming (including Steam) to living rooms instead. The recent cancelations and mismanagement in MS Studios are a sign of how they are struggling to adapt to a shifting market (more and stronger competition in multiplayer), a different situation (having a less varied audience reluctlant accept new content) and riskier yet expensive AAA game development.

• @Stormcrownn said in Scalebound has been cancelled:

@thenerdtheword I wouldn't say the last chance. There's too many variables and success isn't black and white.

I strongly believe Microsoft pulled ahead from Sony with announcing Scorpio. They really took the wind out of the sales of PS4 Pro.

Gears of War 4 could've been a bit bigger, but it's not unsuccessful. Forza Horizon 3 is hugely successful. Other than those two, they haven't had very many games. Sony's lineup for 2017 looks really impressive. If Microsoft has a similar E3 to 2016, Sony will really pull ahead.

We need some big drops this year for Scorpio.

I don't see how scorpio did anything, unless they come up with a whole new lineup of 1st party games a slightly more improved XB1 won't mean anything, and even then.....we've had so many cancellations from them you'd have to be really gullible to believe any sort of announcements in the far off future from Microsoft will actually see release.

It'd have to be a whole new console at this point that replaces XB1 in order to be relevant now, and since there's no way that's the case it'll be in the same spot this year as last year, behind sony AND nintendo in global sales.

• @ZyloWolfBane The PS4 Pro was suppose to be this 4K Upgrade. Microsoft announced Scorpio before Sony revealed the PS4k. So when Sony actually revealed the PS4 Pro, it was more or less "Oh...that's cool..when are you doing a Scorpio?"

I say this as someone who just bought a PS4 Pro as well.

• @Stormcrownn said in Scalebound has been cancelled:

@ZyloWolfBane The PS4 Pro was suppose to be this 4K Upgrade. Microsoft announced Scorpio before Sony revealed the PS4k. So when Sony actually revealed the PS4 Pro, it was more or less "Oh...that's cool..when are you doing a Scorpio?"

I don't see either upgrade being a huge seller, it's just a nice upgrade.

But I mean again, if all scorpio is- is a upgraded XB1 with no new games....then who cares? What's the extra money really get you? I feel the same way about the PS4 pro right now too.

Hell, the majority of the existing library on PS4 has issues with the Pro, or newer games haven't been patched to utilize it properly. And I see the same thing happening with Scorpio.

Unless of course it turns out to be a replacement for XB1, which is a different story entirely.

• @ZyloWolfBane said in Scalebound has been cancelled:

@Stormcrownn said in Scalebound has been cancelled:

@ZyloWolfBane The PS4 Pro was suppose to be this 4K Upgrade. Microsoft announced Scorpio before Sony revealed the PS4k. So when Sony actually revealed the PS4 Pro, it was more or less "Oh...that's cool..when are you doing a Scorpio?"

I don't see either upgrade being a huge seller, it's just a nice upgrade.

But I mean again, if all scorpio is- is a upgraded XB1 with no new games....then who cares? What's the extra money really get you? I feel the same way about the PS4 pro right now too.

Hell, the majority of the existing library on PS4 has issues with the Pro, or newer games haven't been patched to utilize it properly. And I see the same thing happening with Scorpio.

Unless of course it turns out to be a replacement for XB1, which is a different story entirely.

Didn't they say though that all Xbox games going forward would be playable on the Xbox One and Scorpio?