Final Fantasy XIV (PC/PS4)

• ARR complete. Man, that was a lot of long cut-scenes at the end. If only they had a better writing team and didn't try to stretch the story so much... 1 month left to complete Heavensward.

• I'm really curious to try out Red Mage, but I'm absolutely stoked to play Samurai as I've been waiting for a sword-wielding DPS job for quite awhile now with XIV. It's quite funny that these two job additions meet that criteria, but I'm wary as to just how melee compatible Red Mage will be in the long run.

@bbangash Hey, Damiani posted some information just recently regarding the Free Company and overall status of the move over on the Easy Allies Patreon page. You can check out the post here.

• Red mage looks so cool with the flowers and magic swords flying out

• Global Moderator

Damiani has joined the now official "Easy Allies" Free Company on Ultros. You can apply and I will accept you. The Free Company is called "The Easy Allies".

• Since the move to Ultros has begun, is there anyone who is planning on staying on Gilgamesh and playing though Stormblood on it? And if so, do you want control of the EZA FC on there?

• @Swordfish00830 Nice. I might hit you guys up when I resub for Stormblood.

• Global Moderator

@Answerofduty Feel free the FC is getting bigger the closer we get to Stormblood

• Just came back after two years a week or so ago. Been working on the MSQ and just finished the 3.4 content. I am on Diabolos but at least can play with Ultros players from the PF. Super stoked for the expansion and excited to go all in again.

• Well, I'll be over on Behemoth for Stormblood. So if anyone is on there lemme know!

• Global Moderator

WE HAVE A HOUSE! Damiani set us up with one yesterday.
    0_1496529642833_FCFFXIVEZAHouse.jpg
    0_1496529679084_FFXIVEZAFCHousename.jpg

• Jones' Garage lol ! That's just perfect :) How do we access it ?

• I just subscribed today, made a character on the Ultros world. I've never played the game before, so if anyone has any tips or things for a newbie that would be awesome.

• Global Moderator

@Whiskeyjack If you are in the Free Company there is an option to teleport to it in your Teleports

• @RiceEater22 as someone who just started 2 months ago, I can only say "Welcome!" :p
    If you are feeling as overwhelmed as I was at first, take your time. Things kind of become more clear the more you play the game and you start to get familiar with everything. I'm loving it, it is a really cool community, at least from my experiences.

• Global Moderator

@RiceEater22 There are also helpful videos on where to go if you are lost. Also don't be afraid to ask I found most of the FFXIV community has been friendly rather than negative.

• I've decided to jump into FFXIV, and I'm trying to find some sort of leveling guide to catch up to Stormblood content.

Or would i be able to start a new character (One of the new Stormblood classes/jobs)?

Side note, the character creation is super overwhelming for someone who likes to pick the 'best' stuff. Any sort of best class/race/creation stuff is welcome.

also, Ultros is the server?

• @Stormcrownn said in Final Fantasy XIV ARR - Allies Assemble!:

ide note, the character creation is super overwhelming for someone who likes to pick the 'best' stuff. Any sort of best class/race/creation stuff is welcome.
    also, Ultros is the server?

You'll need to find a leveling guide. You wont be able to start Stormblood content or classes until you beat the Post Heavensward (3.5) Main Story Quest. They do have jump potions if you wanna skip Leveling or the Story (those are $40 together though I think :/ ). The story jump potion would put you at the point to start Stormblood but you may still need a Level 60 job to get one of the Stormblood classes (I don't know about this).

I'm not sure how race factors into stats and stuff. Maybe someone else can speak to that. But after you have subscriber for 30 days to the online service, you get a potion you can use to change your race/gender/appearance so if you just wanna get started, you have that as a back up.

Ultros is correct. The Free Company (guild) is "The Easy Allies". Let someone know on here when you start and we can find you and add you.

• @YamiZetsumei ill start the journey with people when its out. I am at the moment level 35 and also need to move to the realm people will migrate too

• @Stormcrownn @YamiZetsumei You can unlock Samurai and Red Mage as early as level 50; It's unclear if A Realm Reborn needs to be completed fully to gain access , but it'll definitely call for the initial batch of main scenario quests to have been conquered at the very least.

Your character's race plays a very minor role in statistical progression and gender has zero effect whatsoever, so I wouldn't bother trying to go for an optimal setup. Feel free to pick whatever combination you find most agreeable to your tastes.

As for the jump potions being introduced: the main scenario option will only complete the quests necessary to access Stormblood's content, thus should you be lacking a level 60 Job, it's essentially useless and must be paired with the other potion to properly be utilized. The combined total will be $50 all said and done, however, if you're a new player and in no real rush to play with veterans in the most relevant content, I strongly recommend you avoid both options and engage the game as properly intended.

• @Anaithsol I've only paid for the $30 package of Realm Reborn/Heavensward, and dropping another $40 on a game i may or may not be playing doesn't sound all that attractive.

Also, paying to skip content of a game I paid for doesn't seem all that smart...but the hype does get real.

Is doing the content normally (questlines, etc?) the efficient way to level up, or are there stages where grinding is useful?