Selective Creation: Create the 25 Definitive Saturn Games List!

• Staying with consoles, let's see if we fill out another SEGA platform. This time, it's all about the Saturn!

SO: As always - Quick rule refresher for potential new players:

Here's the breakdown: You've been given the power to green-light 25 games, but here's the catch: these 25 games will be the ONLY SEGA Saturn games to ever exist. What should be the games that make the cut? By giving 25 select titles, you are essentially playing an inverse of Kill Your Babies.

You can only give one title until four people have added after you OR 12 hours have passed since the last overall addition, NOT NECESSARILY YOURS, so think really hard about which game should be on the list. It could be your favorite game, or if your favorite is already present, then you can add another you hold dear. Or if you hate the Saturn (for whatever reason), get to trolling if that makes you happy. But be aware of Segata Sanshiro...

To try to have a little diversity, I'm instituting a TWO per franchise cap. So if two entries of a series get put on the list, a third CAN NOT be added.

Once you have given a game, please keep a running list going for the benefit of the next person that would like to play. Because I'm pitching the game, I will refrain from adding to the list unless absolutely necessary because it would be unfair for me to skew the list in my favor.

And so Allies, what are the 25 games that should define the Saturn?

Have fun!

• NiGHTS into Dreams...

I feel like this would be on the list regardless of what happened, but it's my favorite game of all time. I can't go into detail about it, I'm no reviewer and if I tried to explain why I love it I'd just post a rambly mess, but there isn't a game I love more than this.

• NiGHTS into Dreams
    Panzer Dragoon Saga

I can't think of Saturn without thinking about this RPG gem.

• NiGHTS into Dreams
    Panzer Dragoon Saga
    Resident Evil

I couldn't help but put this on there, if only for the fact it contained some new enemies and had a battle mode (which included a zombie Wesker!).

• NiGHTS into Dreams
    Panzer Dragoon Saga
    Resident Evil
    Princess Crown

never actually played it, but it is Vanillaware, which I love, and I've heard it's pretty good.

• Man, for as much as I love the Dreamcast, I never payed any attention to the Saturn.

• I have a Saturn, I once bought a bundle with like 30 games and the system out of curiosity, most of these games kinda suck imo or I just don't realyl care about them, and I don't know any others really as in europe we left out on several, so I'll skip this one. Well I mean I could add some shitty games if it goes too slow here, we'll see >:)

• NiGHTS into Dreams
    Panzer Dragoon Saga
    Resident Evil
    Princess Crown
    Dragon Force

Very wonderful and unique grand strategy RPG, I long for another game like it someday (though the sequel sucked so maybe some dreams should stay dreams)

• NiGHTS into Dreams
    Panzer Dragoon Saga
    Resident Evil
    Princess Crown
    Dragon Force
    Guardian Heroes

An amazing game that combines a lot of genres (side scrolling beatemup, rpg, fighting game) with a lot of great ideas (non-linear, branching paths, commandable NPC companion, three tiered level design) and does it all wonderfully.
    Also, dat jazz soundtrack.

• NiGHTS into Dreams
    Panzer Dragoon Saga
    Resident Evil
    Princess Crown
    Dragon Force
    Guardian Heroes
    Burning Rangers

Swimming in 7's. This game is far from perfect but I feel like it'd get a lot more love if it was playable on literally any other system (or at least, didn't cost $100+ to buy an American copy.)

• NiGHTS into Dreams
    Panzer Dragoon Saga
    Resident Evil
    Princess Crown
    Dragon Force
    Guardian Heroes
    Burning Rangers
    Virtua Cop

I love me some old light-gun shooters and Virtua Cop always guaranteed a good time on the Sega Saturn.

• A list of my favorite console, alright! The best game on it (Guardian Heroes) has already been named so... let's see.

NiGHTS into Dreams
    Panzer Dragoon Saga
    Resident Evil
    Princess Crown
    Dragon Force
    Guardian Heroes
    Burning Rangers
    Virtua Cop
    Saturn Bomberman

By far, the best Bomberman that has ever been released. Connecting multi-taps, you could have up to 10 people duke it out at once, although 8 was the sweet spot, since all power-ups could be used with that number of people. Bots could fill the roles of enemies if you didn't have 7 other friends ready to go with their Saturn controllers, or you could always dive into story mode.

• NiGHTS into Dreams
    Panzer Dragoon Saga
    Resident Evil
    Princess Crown
    Dragon Force
    Guardian Heroes
    Burning Rangers
    Virtua Cop
    Saturn Bomberman
    Shining Force 3

Really wanted to give a mention to this incredible game, three intertwining stories told from different sides in a conflict, where decisions made in one game change what happens in the other games. and the decisions are far more interesting and less obvious than modern games. I genuinely think it's something that hasnt been matched decades later

• NiGHTS into Dreams
    Panzer Dragoon Saga
    Resident Evil
    Princess Crown
    Dragon Force
    Guardian Heroes
    Burning Rangers
    Virtua Cop
    Saturn Bomberman
    Shining Force 3
    Sonic R

I actually had a lot of fun with this game, even it's not the best game ever (or even on the Saturn).

The real gem from the Saturn though, has to be this;
    Youtube Video

• NiGHTS into Dreams
    Panzer Dragoon Saga
    Resident Evil
    Princess Crown
    Dragon Force
    Guardian Heroes
    Burning Rangers
    Virtua Cop
    Saturn Bomberman
    Shining Force 3
    Sonic R
    Rayman

• NiGHTS into Dreams
    Panzer Dragoon Saga
    Resident Evil
    Princess Crown
    Dragon Force
    Guardian Heroes
    Burning Rangers
    Virtua Cop
    Saturn Bomberman
    Shining Force 3
    Sonic R
    Rayman
    Silhouette Mirage

What would a Sega Saturn list be if it wasn't filled with great, unique games that literally nobody played? Never played the PS version but I've heard it's not as good, though it's the only version available stateside.

• NiGHTS into Dreams
    Panzer Dragoon Saga
    Resident Evil
    Princess Crown
    Dragon Force
    Guardian Heroes
    Burning Rangers
    Virtua Cop
    Saturn Bomberman
    Shining Force 3
    Sonic R
    Rayman
    Silhouette Mirage
    Policenauts

I don't know if the game is good, or if this version is a good one or not, but this is taken too long, and I know about this game.

• NiGHTS into Dreams
    Panzer Dragoon Saga
    Resident Evil
    Princess Crown
    Dragon Force
    Guardian Heroes
    Burning Rangers
    Virtua Cop
    Saturn Bomberman
    Shining Force 3
    Sonic R
    Rayman
    Silhouette Mirage
    Policenauts
    Sega Rally Championship

It's just a really great arcade-style racing game and a pretty good port from the arcade version. Sega knew how to make great arcade style racers during the 90s and this is one of the best.

• NiGHTS into Dreams
    Panzer Dragoon Saga
    Resident Evil
    Princess Crown
    Dragon Force
    Guardian Heroes
    Burning Rangers
    Virtua Cop
    Saturn Bomberman
    Shining Force 3
    Sonic R
    Rayman
    Silhouette Mirage
    Policenauts
    Sega Rally Championship
    Clockwork Knight 2

I used to play this (and its prequel) to death back when I was kid. It's a jolly platformer that accomplished way more than the Toy Story games ever could. Shame the series lives in relative obscurity now.

• @bard91

Policenauts is awesome, I think both versions are similar, but sure what the differences are, but havent heard of it being a bad port like SOTN

NiGHTS into Dreams
    Panzer Dragoon Saga
    Resident Evil
    Princess Crown
    Dragon Force
    Guardian Heroes
    Burning Rangers
    Virtua Cop
    Saturn Bomberman
    Shining Force 3
    Sonic R
    Rayman