Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4)

• @TokyoSlim Dude you're overpowered. Any way I got a day off work tomorrow so I'll try and get as far as possible tomorrow. I find the heavy attack with R2 better than the light attack with R1 because I feel its more effective or it could be that I haven't yet upgraded that stat. I really think stealth the best thing to invest in this game because I feel it has the biggest payoff and reward.

I didn't know if you add the perk to the slot it would just be replaced and I would loose it. I thought it would just swap.

• Damn right I'm overpowered!

The cool thing with the heavy attack is it's range is really far. I used it a bunch during the proving and was like, "that's not gonna hit" but then it hit.

• gave me that Souls feel with heavy weapon. That was cool.

• I wish I had money for a PS4pro and a decent 4k tv

• I played around six hours today (on Normal difficulty), now I'm ready to leave the home valley next. The combat's no joke, I tell you. Even on this difficulty and against these first few enemy types. I feel like I really need to collect every red flower to keep my pockets full of bandages in case of robo fights. And I mean that in a good way! It's great that you can't just breeze through them, it keeps you on your toes in a sense.

It feels like the story is really building a base for itself in these first hours, there were a few cool spots that surprised me in how "wide" they're building the foundation here. And some of the conversations are actually in RPG measures, meaning you spend minutes with just one character going through all their lines. Good world-buiding, I feel.

There's so much to upgrade and buy in the options, this'll be a great adventure. Tomorrow I'll head into the vast wilderness leaving home turf behind. :)

• @Sentinel-Beach

I really believe everyone should play on the highest difficulty because it feel very easy for me

• @TokyoSlim said in Horizon Zero Dawn - (PS4):

I wish I had money for a PS4pro and a decent 4k tv

I already have one but its 4k 27 inch monitor. It has 10 bit deep colour but no hdr which suck but the game looks too gorgeous

• alt text

Rost In Peace

• alt text

alt text

• Global Moderator

Thank you to everyone that share your thoughts and impressions of the game! Im kinda glad I haven't picked it up yet, I will but just really busy at the moment so haven't had time to play anything lately. I will pick this up and really hope I will finish it in the end!

• @TokyoSlim

That's the exact same outfit I am using.

• @MSBi said in Horizon Zero Dawn - (PS4):

@TokyoSlim

That's the exact same outfit I am using.

Yeah, the stealth one. I've noticed that stealth is very very strong in this game and outfits that increase stealth can make you feel invisible. Too bad it doesn't look as good as many of the other ones.
    Also, not a fan of most of the things she puts on her head with the higher tier outfits.

• @MSBi I'm actually using a variety of outfits for various environments. Most of what I did last night was the hunting lodge. I've also picked up cold weather gear and some other various armors. :)

• Banned

I reeeaaally want to play this game but I'm a poor ass lil bitch and have prioritized Ghost Recon Wildlands since some buddies are planning to play together.

• @El-Shmiablo

I think on a budget that would be the best choice. You can play a single player game anytime but multiplayer games tend to drop off after a certain point except for the really good ones.

I'm completely happy with Horizon though.

• I have opened half the map now. I have picked up the outfit for various resistances and resistance melee attacks too. I love the ropecaster and precision bow is my jam

• I crunched last night with climbing that first tallneck. That was fun.

I think the 2 mods i put on the bow I first got (might have been a DLC item?) Make it stronger than any of the other base bows available at vendors right now. I'm a few skill points off from unlocking Tinkerer, which will allow me to take off the enhancements I'm using right now.

I got a +25% damage on there I don't want to lose.

• I took down the bird robot machine thing and he dropped a 37+ damage slot enhancement and 38+ freeze enhancement. I was blown away

• Damn, those are some numbers! Can't wait to get to those. I'm currently in the first Cauldron. There's so much to do in the world right now! And some of the new robots are like really OP at the moment. Fortunately I have a ton (well two) of money so I'll be able to upgrade all my stuff pretty easily when next possible.

And I really like that there's so much dialogue between so many characters in the world. I wasn't expecting that at all.

• @Sentinel-Beach

My only gripe with that is the lip syncing is way off and it kind of breaks the immersion. The game is technical masterpiece. I haven't had one, not one frame rate stutter while playing o 4k. Guerrilla should be proud.