Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4)

• The biggest turnoff for me is the writing. I was so in love with the concept art of the game I was totally sold at first, when the first gameplay came out and she was pumping out the one liners nonstop I was hoping "well maybe it's just for the trailer or something" but nope, this is bombshell level annoying except worse because it destroys the style and atmosphere of the world

• @Sieghardt I am worried about that too. Dropping one liners all the will either get extremely annoying or you'll get used to it. Hopefully there will be a way to turn it off (maybe in a future patch).

This game right now is like watching an athlete do a high jump in slow motion. It's the last few critical second before we know if the athlete either will make it over the bar and everyone cheers, or tear down the bar and make everyone disappointed.
    I.E. if the game will end up a being an average 7 or a glorious 9+ game.

• @Galaxy40k You might as well be calling it a Rockstar Style open world where you have the option of using a mount or vehicle to traverse the environment. You're not complaining about the genre, you're complaining about an optional mechanic that's common in many other games. Some of which, I'm going to assume you have played and probably enjoyed. You already mentioned The Witcher. If you could ignore the job boards in The Witcher, why could you not ignore the tallnecks in Horizon? What's the difference?

It's a lazy argument. You aren't criticizing the game based on it's own merits. You're criticizing the game based on something some other game did wrong.

• I'm gonna spend so much time looking for ants in this game.
    alt text

• admin

there's no colon in the game's title

• Banned

Stream is starting up again.

http://www.azubu.tv/horizonbrops4

Looks like he's gonna beat it tonight.

• Banned

So much talking to uninteresting npc's in this game. The robot dinosaurs take a backseat to everything.

Where's the gameplay, Guerrilla Games?!

• Banned

This post is deleted!

• So EZA's review is up:

Youtube Video

Also for any Danny O'Dwyer fans, here are his thoughts on it:

Youtube Video

I'm gonna read a couple of reviews as well, but so far it seems pretty sweet. Just the kind of game I need after playing through Hitman Season 1 and RE7.

• Looks like Horizon is getting pretty good reviews. I think it'll definitely be a game I'll pick up in the future.. though the usual repetitive sounding open world and lackluster writing will keep it from being a day one purchase for me. There's just something about the Ubisoft style that doesn't always work for me

My single Q1 purchase is now between Mass Effect and Nioh

• @Faaip Mass Effect will have repetitive gameplay and lackluster storytelling as well though :P

• @Exist-2-Inspire Heh you're probably right. I'm just getting nostalgic and remembering how amazing ME1 and 2 were.. I'm still holding out hope!

• Great review by Jones, he explained everything good about the game and why he liked it while still informing me exactly why I personally would hate it

@Exist-2-Inspire said in Horizon Zero Dawn - (PS4):

@Faaip Mass Effect will have repetitive gameplay and lackluster storytelling as well though :P

I'll be getting Nier instead, I think it's much more my kinda thing in terms of story/gameplay/design

• So far reviews are pretty good. Congrats to GG for making the game you wanted to make!

• I never really expected Guerrilla Games to deliver an amazing story. It's not what the Killzone games are known for. Having said that, the review helped me conclude that this will be worth giving a try.

• Colin Moriarty loves this game so much he might marry it. Says it's the best ps4 exclusive, over bloodborne and UC4. Says it's the 2nd best Sony exclusive of all time after TLOU.

• Global Moderator

Can I just fleak in and say that the EZA review of this game made me super hyped about this again! It does really sound like a game right up my alley! HYPE!

• The reviews have mostly confirmed that this is not for me, may look into it in some years if I it's cheap enough.

• @TokyoSlim To be fair, I wouldn't take what he says on Bloodborne too seriously. He's only played so much of it and really liked it but he didn't exactly play a huge amount of it.

I doubt PS4 will get a better exclusive than Bloodborne.

• @tokeeffe9 I'm not making any statements regarding his judgment, only pointing out his specific critical praise surprised me. I mean, I only played 12 hours of bloodborne, and i haven't played UC4 at all. I recognize they are quality though. TLOU is probably my favorite Sony exclusive.

The fact that multiple well known, legitimate review outlets are giving this game perfect marks, and that some people seem over the top enamored for this game is pretty cool though. I'm excited to get into it.