Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4)

• I can't remember the last time I was this hyped for a game. Horizon looks to me like it could be Sonys next great franchise. I hope it will be everything i'm expecting I love RPG.

• @Axel

Your right. I was meant to say it way my first impression. I will definately be playing the game throughly before i can give my actual impression.

This game does deserve attention as I was convinced earliar.

Having said that no one on this forum has played the game so everyones opinion is based on trailers, gameplay and reviews so we dont know if I or you would like the story and world in its entirety until we dig deep. I think thats a fair point. Don't you?

• @MSBi Yeah of course, I personally find the game world appealing but I can't speak for the quality of the writing or side-quests, and based on the few reviews I've read they're definitely not ground-breaking in any way. I was just asking because it sounded like you had seen a lot of the game already.

• It's Zero Dawn, North America!

• Banned

Been playing for a few hours.

Gameplay - Fun/10
    Environment - Beautiful/10
    Robot Dinosaur Designs - Kickass/10
    Dialog Wheel - Brain/10
    Human Character Designs - Hideous/10
    Voice Acting - Cringe/10
    Story - Mod Edited Out My Original Post/10

Overall - Get better writers for the sequel/10

• I have been playing for a few hours too. Just turned it off to come here and share my thoughts.

I don't know what to say. I like the graphics, the combat is fine not as revolutionary as i though it was. I am playing on the hardest difficulty and still the enemy fall like flies. Its way easy but that maybe because I just came from Nioh.

I would have to agree with everything Art said above. I am so glad I didn't preorder the game. I am playing my brothers copy. I feel like pasing judgement on games before they are released is becoming easy for me as games are exactly how I think they are going to be before playing them.

I still promised tokyslim above that I would give it a chance and play through to the end and I will but there is nothing revolutionary here. Its a very basic RPG.

If I had to rate it right now after playing for a few hours I would give it a 7/10

• I've been playing for 4 hours. Still in the tutorial area. Game is legit, not sure what you are all complaining about. :)

• @MSBi said in Horizon Zero Dawn - (PS4):

I still promised tokyslim above that I would give it a chance

That's kinda a weird thing to put on me. Don't "give it a chance" because you feel like you owe it to me, give it a chance because you like video games and it's a video game.

Passing judgement on games before you play them is not something to be proud of, by the way. I'm not sure why you'd think it was. You ever heard the saying "don't judge a book by it's cover?"

• alt text

alt text

alt text

alt text

• Played tutorial and done first mission and 2 or 3 side missions/errands. I have to say i'm in love with it so far. Aloy is making the game for me I love her character and the world.

• @TokyoSlim

I guess you took my comment the wrong way the reason why i said i made a promise is not to put stuff on you but because i know you really believe in this game and you love it and you changed my mind about it. Before you convinced me i didnt even want to touch the game so yeah. Thank you

Well Ofcourse no one should be proud of passing judgement to anything or anyone before experiencing it but what i was implying is that this gen I have been very successfull at knowing what I want and like beforehand and i am suprised. I guess you didnt take it that way. Its fine. I wasnt very clear about it the way i worded it.

On the plus side I do want to finish the game and do all the side stuff and max out my gear because now i feel I am invested as with many games. I cant leave a game unfinished

Ratings from journalists and websites dont mean much to me but a 7/10 just basically tells me what i feel and where i am at with the game. You can that rating however you want to

I have encountered many people on GameFAQs forums and forums all over the internet who are cynical, unhappy and quite frankly just want to troll and cause a ruckus. I on the other hand am not good in conveying how i feel in writing hence i am misunderstood. I love video games and will always hence if you love something you increase your expectation to some extent because you regard it highly. I can assure you and all the allies I have no business coming here and causing ill. I just want to be honest and voice my opinion. This last bit is not a response to you directly but a message to all allies.

I am here to appreciate and love others ideas and passion about video games and I dont hate video games. I am just a very harsh critique

• I know I said that I had just played Rise of the Tomb Raider through and felt that this would be to similar too quickly. Well, I did spend two weeks in between completing The Witness, so that kinda wiped my mind clean again. So I went and bought this this morning! :)

The game's pretty majestic-looking, all the trees and stuff. And I haven't even seen anything much yet. Still, the robot dinosaurs seem already really cool and dangerous. Can't wait for some of the bigger ones to drop my jaw! Aloy's pretty nice, too, I think I'll like her more and more as the story progresses.

• @Sentinel-Beach

I hope so too. I am going to dig deep again tonight. I have a day off from work tomorrow. I'll am really interested in the story and how it develops. Ofcourse my previous post was based on thoughts in the first few hours. I have yet to invest at least 30 more hours before I get to the end so I going to sharing my thoughts about the game then and give a final verdict of how I felt the game did in terms of lore & story and gameplay. I'm glad you are enjoying the game though.

I'd be surprised to see if my opinion changes about the game and I very much hope it does.

• I stayed up until 3am passing the "Proving" last night and getting out of the intro area.
    I wake up to go to work at 6am.

Worth it!

• @TokyoSlim

Which difficulty setting are you playing at?

• @MSBi thanks for clarifying.

In all honestly, I'd preordered the game just based on the initial reveal/core concept. I wouldn't say I had any extraordinary faith that the game would turn out this well. That's why the overwhelmingly positive reviews were so exciting for me. I must say too that I have no issues with the combat or writing so far. 8ish hours in, I'm pretty well invested in the story and world building has been top notch. There are easier enemies in the opening areas, but even in the first area, there's a couple of mini boss type encounters that kicked my ass once or twice until I started playing around with the ropecaster, which may be a little OP.

The trip caster us fun though, because larger enemies can totally path in unexpected ways that make all your carefully laid out traps non effective.

• @MSBi hard

How far are you along? Did you leave the first area yet?

• Yh I am at the proving right now but it took me quite while there playing on very hard atm. I did a lot of side stuff and got used to the menu and inventory and skills etc.

Every time you talk about whats upcoming in the game is making me more excited yo. I unlocked the ropecaster. Investing a lot skills points on health and increased loot and sneak skills because i'm playing on highest difficulty. The bow hardly damages the machines even if I shoot them head on in the face. Thanks for the rolling mechanic though.

• @MSBi yeah, I'm like 8 or 9 hours in and just past you.

I spent a long time exploring the map and doing stuff like going back to the original spot where Aloy first found her focus, and exploring up in the mountains.

I killed so many machines I had enough metal shards at one point to buy all the weapons at one time. I'm mostly fully upgraded in my carrying stuff department for now. I've upgraded all my weapons and bought the medium stealth armor set. Nearly got full potions too, but I haven't actually figured out how to use them yet!

Lol

Also, aside from the watchers who's weakness is their eye, I'm not sure shooting robots in the face does much more damage than shooting them anywhere else. You can disrupt bigger enemies mid-attack with a good shot to the eye though, it's not a full stun, more of a knock back.

• @TokyoSlim Dude you're overpowered. Any way I got a day off work tomorrow so I'll try and get as far as possible tomorrow. I find the heavy attack with R2 better than the light attack with R1 because I feel its more effective or it could be that I haven't yet upgraded that stat. I really think stealth the best thing to invest in this game because I feel it has the biggest payoff and reward.

I didn't know if you add the perk to the slot it would just be replaced and I would loose it. I thought it would just swap.